Description: Aladaer Solaris is a powerful support hero with great team presence. His most potent combo revolves around his ultimate skill Last Laugh and his primary skill Perform. Last Laugh deals more damage if the target performs no actions over the duration, and Perform allows him to completely disable the target, causing Last Laugh to reach its full potential. The Entertainer's other skills help him in his support role. Repulsion is a versatile skill that creates a barrier around the targeted unit as he moves. Juggle is a passive skill that tampers with enemy buffs and debuffs.
Background Story:Aladaer was one of the most famous entertainers in his realm, performing magical tricks for kings and telling fortunes. While good-natured at heart, he loved to play tricks and once turned an old hag into a rabbit to impress a crowd of children. When the spell was lifted the hag immediately cast a terrible curse on the young performer. Haunted by dark dreams and terrible visions, the once vivacious youth soon became moody and withdrawn. When a fellow fortune teller suggested that he fight his inner demons by joining the struggle against the evil Scourge, Aladaer tentatively agreed. Slowly gaining back his charm and confidence, the Entertainer uses his considerable magical talents to harrass his enemies and bolster his allies.
|Strength - 16 + [1.6]|
|Agility - 17 + [1.9]|
|Intelligence - 21 + [2.5]|
Perform - (Channelling)
|Hotkey: e||Aladaer performs for the target enemy hero, putting them in a trance where they can't move, attack, or cast spells, but are invulnerable to attacks as well. If the Entertainer successfully completes his act, he receives bonus money from the enemy hero.|
|1||100||17||700||-||4||25 gold stolen from hero|
|2||100||16||700||-||5||35 gold stolen from hero|
|3||100||15||700||-||6||45 gold stolen from hero|
|4||100||14||700||-||7||55 gold stolen from hero|
- Aladaer is channeling for the duration, if he completes the entire duration of the spell he receives bonus gold.
- Enemy unit is essentially put to sleep, I just wouldn't want the "zzz" animation because an entertainer shouldn't be putting them to sleep, right?
- If the enemy hero doesn't have enough gold, then Aladaer will receive the bonus gold and all remaining gold will be taken from enemy hero.
Repulsion - (Active)
|Hotkey: r||The Entertainer casts a curse on the target, giving them a horrifying countenance that will frighten all who approach the target. All units caught in the designated AoE around the target will be pushed away.|
|1||70||35||600||320||3||Pushes away units in the AoE|
|2||80||30||600||350||3.5||Pushes away units in the AoE|
|3||90||25||600||380||4||Pushes away units in the AoE|
|4||100||20||600||410||4.5||Pushes away units in the AoE|
- Units are pushed at a nearly instantaneous speed and are not paused or stunned.
- Has similar uses to Prophet's and Thrall's skills but is more versatile.
- Can target self, allies, or enemies.
Juggle - (Passive)
|Targeting: No target|
|Hotkey: ||Aladaer loves to play tricks on friends and foes alike. Every once in a while, Aladaer will move a buff from an enemy unit to an ally, or a debuff on an ally unit to an enemy. |
|1||-||16||-||-||-||Move a buff/debuff to an ally/enemy|
|2||-||12||-||-||-||Move a buff/debuff to an ally/enemy|
|3||-||8||-||-||-||Move a buff/debuff to an ally/enemy|
|4||-||4||-||-||-||Move a buff/debuff to an ally/enemy|
- Once cooldown is up, a random unit within 400 units will be targeted for the buff switch.
- Priority is first given to heroes in the AoE, and then creeps.
- If there are no enemies in the AoE than a debuff won't be taken away.
- If there are no allies in the AoE than a buff won't be taken away.
- Buff/Debuff duration will be refreshed.
Last Laugh - (Active)
|Hotkey: t||Aladaer puts a powerful curse on the target unit, where they will take damage over time for 7 seconds. Afterwards the curse will explode around the victim, dealing extra damage in the AoE depending on how many actions the enemy took over the duration of the curse.|
|1||170||60||700||200||7||20 damage a second, 300 - 50x explosion damage|
|2||230||50||700||300||7||30 damage a second, 450 - 40x explosion damage|
|3||310||40||700||400||7||40 damage a second, 600 - 30x explosion damage|
- x = number of actions taken over the duration.
- Explosion hurts the targeted unit as well.
Official PlayDota Advanced template.
Hero created with Saguine's Hero Maker
Another Priest model hero suggestion. I like this hero concept, but I've struggled with balancing and finding skills that work together. I would love some reviews and also some answers to these questions:
1. I wanted a passive to synergize with his channeling skill. How likely is it that he will get focus fired while channeling perform? Should I change the passive to something that allows him to be tankier?
2. Do people like the skill Repulsion? I feel like you could do a lot of things with it..it can be a pseudo-disable if cast on a melee carry while synergizing with last laugh, it can be a protective skill, and it can be a positioning skill. Would it cause gameplay problems that I'm not seeing?