iii. Pro's and Con's
iv. Skills
v. Skill Builds
vi. Item Builds
vii. Game Play
viii. Replays
vii ii. Conclusion

i. INTRODUCTION

So after a terrible experience of playing HoN and LoL i've finally came to back to play the awsome DotA again and again have a joined in with a few friends to create a clan and my role is the hard carry. You normally see Phantom Assassin quitely farming away (much like spectre or void) waiting to comeplete the boring old battlefury and then coming out to either kill, kill, kill or die, die, die. I say no to that old battlefury build. its as boring as hell and it isnt even that good. Thats why ive found a whole new way to play phantom assassin still as a hard carry but more in the action and its as fun as hell.
Before reading this please note this is my seconds attempt to write a guide (after a fail attempt of writing my first) meaning I'm not qutie into the whole system yet which is very confusing for me.

Changelog:
12/9/11 Started writing draft for this guide (at 11.30Pm)
13/9/11 Started to add skill builds and a table of contents
14/9/11 Edited a few stuff, started item build tab, corrected a few mistakes.

ii. STATS

Strength: 20 + 1.85
Agility*: 23 + 3.15
Intelligence: 13 + 1

Affiliation: Scourge
Damage: 46-48
Armor: 4.22
Movespeed: 310
Attack Range: 128 meele
Attack Animation 0.3/0.7
Casting Animation: 0.30/0.5
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Missile Speed: Instant
Sight Range: 1800

iii. PRO'S AND CON'S

++Pros++
- Nice "Easy To Last Hit" attack animation
- 2 Good Chasing Skills
- Ultimate can be strong like nukes and if lucky can happen again and again
- With right items and a good early game can rape the hell out of teams completely turning the table
- 3rd skill can be a "Gank Dectector"

--Cons--
- Can have an extremely hard early game especially if having to lane against strong nukers and harassers.
- if early farming goes wrong, the game can be ruined.
- Isn't supportive, doesnt have any skills which can help the team alot an "independant" hero
- extremely squishy in early AND late game
- Aimed at in a lot of ganks

iv. SKILLS

STIFLING DAGGER

Mana Cost 30/25/20/15
Cooldown 8/8/8/8
Casting Range 1200/1200/1200/1200
Area of Effect NA/NA/NA/NA
Duration 1/2/3/4
Effect 40/80/120/160 damage
50%/50%/50%/50% slow

This is one of your main skills using for chasing, escaping and last hitting. It does very low damage but a nice slow and can be thrown at a nice safe distance meaning it can be used to slow your enemies when your about to die or to slow an enemy while your friends are chasing and your out of reach.

PHANTOM STRIKE

Mana Cost 50/50/50/50
Cooldown 20/15/10/5
Casting Range 700/800/900/1000
Area of Effect NA/NA/NA/NA
Duration 3/3/3/3
Effects teleports to target unit and receives increased attack speed

This is your other skill used for chasing and engaging a nice thing is that you can target this skill with any unit meaning you can easily use this skill to blink away from enemy. one of the main reasons you would want to get this early is because it reduces the cooldown and it also increasing your attack speed which gives you a better chance to critical, awsome!

BLUR

Mana Cost NA/NA/NA/NA
Cooldown NA/NA/NA/NA
Casting Range NA/NA/NA/NA
Area of effect NA/NA/NA/NA
Duration NA/NA/NA/NA
Allowed Targets NA/NA/NA/NA
Effects 20%/25%/30%/35% chance to dodge an attack

This skill is amazing, although you can see a lot of people get this skill early I prefer to get this skill near the end because (For me) it just seems the others are more important. but one of the main reasons its a good idea to get atleast one level of this skill is because it can be a gank dectector (your hero goes see through everytime an enemy hero is close.) This means when your farming on your own and your body suddenly turns see through you should "b" because you would know an enemy is coming to attack.

COUP DE GRACE

Mana Cost NA/NA/NA/NA
Cooldown NA/NA/NA/NA
Casting Range NA/NA/NA/NA
Area Of Effect NA/NA/NA/NA
Duration NA/NA/NA/NA
Effects 15% chance to 2.5x/3.25x/4x critical

Your ultimate, a good one aswell. It is what makes mortred what she really is. 4x critical is complete nasty as you chop down your enemies with what looks like a giant nuke.

v. SKILL BUILD

1. Stifling Dagger
2. Phantom Strike
3. Stifling Dagger
4. Phantom Strike
5. Stifling Dagger
6. Coup de Grace
7. Stifling Dagger
8. Phantom Strike
9. Phantom Strike
10. Blur
11. Coup de Grace
12. Blur
13. Blur
14. Blur
15. attributes
16. Coup de Grace
17-25. attributes

Not my favorite skill build but the most common amongst those pubs. I rarely ever go for this build but it isnt "too" bad (it could be worse.) Its pretty simple, you max out stifling dagger then phantom strike taking coup de grace whenever possible. I'm not sure exactly why I put this build here.

vi. ITEM BUILDS

This is a very important part of playing Phantom Assassin. There are tons of different item builds i've seen and i've tried my self. I shall split the item build to three different item builds then a few recommended items in which you can experiment with, luxuries and rejected.

This is a critical build, I've had to mess around with this build ALOT to get a decent build but this Build is completely optional, Its a risky build but fairly simple, you'll be very squishy, but the idea is that your lifesteal is going to help you stay alive. I've messed around in pubs and i've got a replay of a time which will be uploaded in the replays section.

v. GAMEPLAY

Early Game

This may be one of the most important parts of the game, your early game determines your late game and possibly who wins the game. Your goal from level 1-6 is to farm as MUCH as you can get all the last hits if possibles, even use stifling dagger to last hits creeps. Try not to solo its never a good idea when your extremely vulnerable during early game and you're also an active target for your enemies to gank. Try go with someone who can easily baby sit and harass, try not to go with another carry as you dont really want to be fighting over creeps. If you've gone for the skill build leveling blur early then make sure you use it well and know when they are about to come, if your playing a pub and an ally tells you to go and gank do not go until you've atleast get your ultimate.

Middle Game

This is another important part of the game, dont die and try to get all the last hits of heroes even if its kill stealing, besides a good team should let you kill steal anyways so that you can be the one who carries the game to victories. you're great in clashes. your friends and fighting when suddenly the PA blinks in and does massive amounts of damage without the enemy noticing, almost like a sniper shooting you from far behind. dont risk too much, money kill when you can.
Last edited by LDNeutral; 09-22-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
ChaQ

Guide Writing Award 
Default Re: A new way to morted

If you're new to guide writing you will have to learn this: http://www.playdota.com/forums/46282...list-bb-codes/
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
LDNeutral

Thanks a lot man ^^ just started this Yesterday but ill be fixing it up and hopefully get it published thanks for the link
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
SugaSutA

Looks hopeful! Good luck~
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Lapis Lazuli

Looking forward to see your build

I have finally gotten around to fix the link for the blog, cheers

Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
LDNeutral

Thanks, still in progress will have 3 skill builds (trying to find out how to use the tab system - -) the most interesting part will be the item build
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Knovanangel

Medallion of courage is a great item PA. The -6 armor penalty to self is easily negated by PA's high armor growth.

^PD chess club. Click the pic above^
Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
Kenshiro

Steam: CAPS LOCK LEORIC FAN
Default New Comment

^ The -6 armor is compensated by the fact MoC provides +6 armor...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
Knovanangel

Butterfly evasion does not stack with blur...

^PD chess club. Click the pic above^
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
MassBalance

Steam: MasterBalance

so.... Phase is rejected... BKB isnt' core...

either fail or very good troll
Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
PillageDVillage

On build 1 stacking 3 criticals on top is pretty bad I like unconventional but check out the mechs crit page. With that aside I honestly have done Buriza builds once or twice in the past on PA and its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Buriza X 1 = Okay might get flamed... 1.75x 3 Blades Crit = Retarded. Not trolling you at all just being honest Buriza is way better then getting another crit sword specially on PA who has a source of crit.

On build 2. Deso a solid option but it leaves you extremely fragile. Treads isnt really enough hp and this is from a lot of experience playing it either Vang or Sange help out dramatically with BKB as well. Yes I know OMG why sange or vang on PA noob... Its a damn life saver on the sygian build.

Build 3: Is typically what all the pubs do and well theyre kind of useless until level 16 ish in which case the game could already be over.

Build 4: Honestly you didnt mention it but I so prefer it to bfury which is build somewhat like 3 but instead of fury it goes into Basher and BKB and fury is luxory...
Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
Lapis Lazuli

^ Fury as a luxury basically destroys the whole idea of the item. Stygian doesn't work with S&Y, obvious I'm not talking about the orb, simply because getting BKB/Vang would be a much better HP option instead.

Phase active and dmg is VERY worth it, the problem is you can't crit while phased. Since it's not yet completed, I'll wait some more

I have finally gotten around to fix the link for the blog, cheers

Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Denki~
Banned

Everything works in pubs. Hence, this guide.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
LDNeutral

Right Right, got a lot of editing to do, will move vang and BKB to core items and will make phrase boots not rejected, will edit the critical build but what i havent mentioned is that the main source of heal would be lifestealing after getting your core. Will edit
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy Draft Guides