Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Lithary

Lightbulb Healing Ward + Blade Dance [Remake]

-Introduction-
What I wish to suggest here is a remake to both Healing Ward and Blade Dance.
Why?
Well, Healing Ward is just a decent skill which actually doesn't fit Juggernaut (100% fail when it comes to theme, 50% fail when it comes to concept; a 150% fail!!1one), and Blade Dance, while fits his theme and concept both perfectly, is one of most (and if not the most) overused skills in the game (Critical Strike).

So, what I have prepared here are 4 skills (two ideas for Healing Ward remake and 2 ideas for Blade Dance remake) and 2 of them are exclusive for DotA 2 since they can't be coded in DotA (even though I will post DotA versions for each of them).

And remember that concept is one which matters here, not numbers.
Still, warn me if numbers need fixing!

Also, here are two other threads which have some good suggestions about Juggernaut (1 & 2).

-Suggestion-
-Healing Ward:
So, what's the idea behind remaking Healing Ward?
Well, what I tried here is to remake it into a defensive skill for starters.
Main reason for that is that he is an unstoppable Juggernaut, so I figure that he needs something to make him at least a bit tanky.
Other reason is that he already has 3 offensive skills (even though Both Blade Fury and Omnislash have some defensive purposes also, but I'll not go into too many details since it will only make things messy).
There are two versions here, one with team presence (Battle Meditation) and one which focuses more on Juggernaut himself (Iron Will).
And here they are:

Battle Meditation
Type: Active
Targeting: Instant
Targets: Units
Hotkey: D
Juggernaut meditates for 1 second and, when done, starts to radiate a powerful Ki which will heal him and allies around him, and will slow MS of enemies.
______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
-
Heals allies by 10HP/sec + 5% of the HP missing and it will also slow MS of enemies by 1% for each 5% of their HP missing.
-
Heals allies by 10HP/sec + 5% of the HP missing and it will also slow MS of enemies by 1% for each 5% of their HP missing.
-
-

-Notes:

• Cooldown starts when actual effect begins, not at start of cast (just like with Nevermore's ultimate).

- So, instead of spawning the Ward to heal him and his allies, here, Yurnero is source of helaing instead.
With this skill, Yurnero can keep his role he had up to now perfectly and have all theme and concept problems fixed.
Current Ward is non-battle skill (honestly, in every real game, that thing is destroyed even before it's spawned >_>) which is a big no-no for someone who hold the tile of the Juggernaut.
Also, he is not a Witch Doctor or something so wards and that stuff don't fit him.
Main idea of this skill is to remove Ward and make Yurnero become source of helaing instead.
I don't know if my suggestion is perfectly balanced, but I guess you guys will help me with that.
Sinergy with other skills is practically same as one of Healing Ward.

-Blade Dance:
Great skill, fits him perfectly, but it's simply waaaaay overused!
Still, I've thought of two interesting replacements for it.
They are both offensive skills and will try too keep spirit of Blade Dance in both of them as much as I can.

Blade Fury
Type: Passive
Targeting: -
Targets: -
Hotkey: F
Yurnero's cunning blade gives him a chance on each attack to ignore all enemy defenses.
______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
-
-
-
-
-
15% chance.
-
-
-
-
-
20% chance.
-
-
-
-
-
25% chance.
-
-
-
-
-
30% chance.

-Notes:

• Ignores armor, damage block, damage reduction, etc.

- You may have noticed that I've named the skill 'Blade Fury' instead of 'Blade Dance'.
Well, that's because I think that Blade Fury should get renamed to Blade Dance (duh!).
Reason for that Yurnero looks more like dancing while using Blade Fury and more like using his sword in a furios way when using Blade Dance (an suggested replacement).
But still, the idea of the skill is to keep same concept (chance per attack to deal greater physical damage), but to tweak it so it gets some uniqueness.
Both theme and concept fit him, it doesn't change his role one bit or play-style and it solves problem of having one of most overused skill in the game.
I would also like to add that with ASU, his Omnislash slashes should also have chance to trigger this skill.

DotA version of this skill should make this skill reduce armor of target by 20 for 0.5 second or one hit (armor reduction is applied at the beggining of the attack).

Last edited by Lithary; 07-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
gilvert

Default Re: Healing Ward + Blade Dance [Remake]

big edit :
Battle Meditation still work wonders as heal like Healing Ward, that's a T-Up there. But the slow is too small, with 5% of hp missing = 1% slow, that means only 20% slow at max ._.
If you really want to give a slow, higher the numbers, or else remove the slow.

Blade Fury may become a nerf... T-Null.
And Ki Slash is just as I predicted, a great remakes.
----------------
- -------- ----------------------
-- ---- ---- ----------- ------------- for Ki Slash
--- --- --------------------
---- -- ------- ------ --- --

PS : Icon doesn't fit cholor scheme of his other icons, they are just... too darky.

Wall of Text
This IS an ability.

Last edited by gilvert; 09-14-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
Trentus

Gd to see you on playdota as well as dota-two!
you already know that i like ki remake as well as the battle med
kinda miss the ward (which could be made so that it is per hit not hp)
but still love your work

can you have a look at my new hero for me?
http://www.playdota.com/forums/53833...dient-sent%7D/

thanks Trentus
Old 09-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
HellsGuardian

healing ward is much like aoe inner vitality, i dont like it.
and new bladedance will actually decrease his dps.

Tdown
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Lithary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilvert View Post
Hah! reserved space for commenting later, this is many remakes..

edit : a quick glance, doesn't like iron will, Blade Fury name is overused by Yurnero's own Blade Fury , and like Ki Slash.
I've wrote in notes that I also suggest that they swich names so current Blade Fury gets renamed to Blade Dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentus View Post
Gd to see you on playdota as well as dota-two!
you already know that i like ki remake as well as the battle med
kinda miss the ward (which could be made so that it is per hit not hp)
but still love your work

can you have a look at my new hero for me?
http://www.playdota.com/forums/53833...dient-sent%7D/

thanks Trentus
Problem is that Ward doesn't fit him thematically also and that's why I wish to totally remake it.
I will check your hero as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
healing ward is much like aoe inner vitality, i dont like it.
and new bladedance will actually decrease his dps.

Tdown
How about you read the suggestion to the end?
Also, it's not like AoE Inner Vitality.
If it is, then current Healing Ward is also an AoE Inner Vitality... on a stick.
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes