Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
UniversalMan

Default Rescale some venomous skills

Some numbers to be rescaled with reasons for QoP SS, Viper`s Skin and OoV

Deals 3 damage per second and slows by [12% (melee)/ 4% (ranged)] for 4 seconds

Explanations
  • Dmg type (DT:Enhanced; AT:Spell) and numbers I don`t want to change due to balance reasons for its price.
  • 4% slow is too pathetic and unnoticable. Now it scales like Skadi

State Problems Here

LevelManacostCooldownCast. rangeEffects
1802040050 strike damage, 30 duration damage every 3 sec <Total 50dmg (DT:Enhanced; AT:Spell) + 150dmg (10dps, DT:Magical)>, 20% initial slow
21001640070 strike damage, 40 duration damage every 3 sec <Total 70dmg (DT:Enhanced; AT:Spell) + 200dmg (13⅓dps, DT:Magical)>, 30% initial slow
31201240070 strike damage, 50 duration damage every 3 sec <Total 70dmg (DT:Enhanced; AT:Spell) + 250dmg (16⅔dps, DT:Magical)>, 40% initial slow
41408400100 strike damage, 60 duration damage every 3 sec <Total 100dmg (DT:Enhanced; AT:Spell) + 300dmg (20dps, DT:Magical)>, 50% initial slow
Explanations
  • The reason is that
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by csean View Post
    QoP is not Venomancer, she's all about burst damage. Initial damage should be buffed while the duration damage should be nerfed
    This long duration only means to prevent some items like HoT, Dagger, Potions etc
  • You can recast SS on the same unit on higher levels to renew dps and slow to be more effective
  • Suggestion1 increase in manacost is due to more burst dmg on early stages and buff on initial dmg, that works on magic immune units whereas suggestion2 practically has no change except for rescaled dmg intervals due to evasion circumstances of Dagger. Also Gale may be rescaled to deal dmg every 2.5sec. I don`t care about +/- 5dmg or less per instance
  • The formula of instance dmg is quite simple 5x/4x/3x/2x/1x dmg on each 3rd sec, whereas x depends on skills level and means 10/13/15/18. For sugg. 2 → 6x/5x/4x/3x/2x/1x, x=7/9.5/12/14.5. Got it?

LevelDurationEffects
13sec10%slow, 10dps if attacked, 10%magic resistance
23sec15%slow, 15dps if attacked, 15%magic resistance
33sec20%slow, 20dps if attacked, 20%magic resistance
43sec25%slow, 25dps if attacked, 25%magic resistance

Explanations
  • Since some last changes Viper was seriously buffed and now a bit overbuffed.
  • The case imo this passive. It grants too much in one skill: the highest non-item magic resistance (25% for non-ultimate skill vs PL`s ult and this resistance also stacks with illusions); stackable with orb now guarantees a huge ms debuff if target tries to attack Viper (65% is one of the highest slows not to mention his ult) that makes harder to attack him/ to flee from him w/o escaping mechanisms. Many claim that he has no real disable get MKB/Basher/Eul`s/Sheep this is not a reason for buffing/changing him in such manner
  • I only leave a buff on early levels as like many other heroes changed and quick Dota play nowadays

Inb4 some platinum questions (I sence 4yhh/Karakonchar) rtfm moar (here`re 2 links)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Yago

Default Re: Rescale some venomous skills

T-Up for OoV.

T-Null on QoP

T-Down on Viper

I think he's fine, sorry.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Hugaw

T-up on buffing OoV on ranges.. 4% is pretty pathetic..

T-down on QoP

T-down on Viper - buffed?? he needs a buff
Old 10-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
Straight Flush

Steam: Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
T-Up for OoV.

T-Null on QoP

T-Down on Viper

I think he's fine, sorry.
Pretty much this really
Old 10-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
gilvert

T-Up for OoV.

T-Null for the rest, I don't really know..

Wall of Text
This IS an ability.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
Nutsy

T-Up for OoV and Shadow Strike, T-Down for Corrosive Skin... I don't find Viper overpowered yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
UniversalMan

About Viper: it`s more like game strategy and balance debates. Some say he was fine even b4 buffs in 6.71, some say he`s quite weak till now. I`m with first one. I don`t find any difficulties playing Viper after some items. But I find quite difficult now to kill enemy Viper with that items. Mb he needs total remake.

QoP SS — make this skill more burst for initial as like other 2 to fit her role. The rest dmg and slow only to be in Akasha`s sight of view. Slow, block Dagger/HoT → blink → Scream → attack and other shit → blink → Scream and/or recast SS again to renew dmg and slow and sth like dat Otherwise QoV SS and Veno`s Gale have similar manner but these heroes have different roles
Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
himynameisbam

I think that corrosive skin slow is "boring" and "useless"... viper has 3 slow skills... this is not cool t.t
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes