Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #41
Mr. Burns

Steam: sukkapokka

Default No surrender/forfeit option in dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieth View Post
Because its not done yet.

/thread
This probably.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #42
SugaSutA

Default Re: No surrender/forfeit option in dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
This probably.
Think I can change their mind before it's set in stone?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
Nathanieli

how about 5/5 at 25 min

and 4/5 at 45
Old 10-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #44
Nidhoggr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugasuta View Post
When I say I disagree on the "forfeit" issue, it comes to this point: If it's team forfeit, that's why it's so terrible. If someone forfeits, and his whole team follows despite having a chance at the game, then the whole game goes boom, and you don't even realize WHY IN THE HELL they forfeited.
If I am playing with 3 other people that I dont know, then I really dont want to spend 30 minutes turning the game around, just that another one of my teammates can leave when we are about to turn the tables (happened to me SO many times).

You are right about one thing- people tend to throw games too easily, but it still beats the opposite, when FF is not available.

Fear can hold you prisoner, Hope can set you free
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #45
gaibo1

Make a secondary command that can be entered at start game that decides if people can forfeit/surrender (after 20 minutes), or when the host creates the game, when he make the settings, if you can do that.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #46
UTDC.Justin

^ It would be awesome if we could set a game mode to a "no surrender" option: Battles where only those courageous enough to watch one of the two ancients die shall play.

Staff Profile
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #47
gaibo1

When their Ancient falls before 10% hp and no heroes are in the winning team's base area, make the losing team's heroes to freeze, lock their cameras to look at the Ancient and prevents them from disconnecting/leaving, until it is destroyed.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #48
tobby

Because they're flawed. Also, see Idra in SC2, he often gives up way too early.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #49
The Observer
Banned

No surrender please, it destroys pubs, turns high level games into shit, and makes competitive... well... stupid.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #50
hideinlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
No surrender please, it destroys pubs, turns high level games into shit, and makes competitive... well... stupid.
Yesterday i had a game where mid got fed 3 kills in 6 minutes, followed by a successful gank on bot lane with haste rune. Whilst top weren't getting any creeps at all.

16-0 down at 10 minutes without anyone on team being lvl6. So why waste 30 minutes of my life? You don't see DotA comp team playing a game like that, they just say GG and leave.

The whole point of conceding is to leave without penalty (apart from a loss). That way you won't have cases where a 1 person quits when the 4 other were still willing to play. Pretty much 9/10 games in DotA ends up with one or two leavers in either side making the games 4vs5 or 3vs4.

DotA pubs are already destroyed!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #51
teng)

I can imagine pubstomp team/clan will rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #52
Y-O-D-A

TDA had an excelent system, FF isn't allowed until X amount of mins, requires 5/5 votes. The amount of mins till ff can be tweated to w/e the current avrg game length is. I beleive in TDA it was at 50 mins at one point and then changed to 40. The TDA rules were great, never had a problem with them and seeing as how its icefrog they will probably be similar in dota2. Not having an FF option for such a long individual game length would be a bad idea, especially in a matchmaking/league setting. Sometimes a game can be decided early on, and most people don't like playing a one sided game versus an extremely close game. The only people who won't like FF are the people who enjoy pub stomping people, and I could care less about them :P.

All this talk about pubs doing this or that, is pointless, pubs are almost always going to suck and they are almost always going to be filled with a-holes. Matchmaking will alleviate this somewhat, but in the end playing with 9 random people is almost always going to end in ragefest. Simple answer to this is to join a clan or private league, and IH. It's the same thing in WoW pugs suck ass, guilds are the bomb.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #53
sunnymarcell
Banned

OH REALLY? LOOK THERE ARE ONLY 40 HEROES. ICEFROG TOLD US THAT ALL HEROES WILL BE TRANSPORTED. NOW WHAT HURR-DURR LIAR ICEFROG?

GUESS WHAT, ITS
THE
FUCKING
BETA

thanks.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #54
Respect

I do not support this option because people will quit within 15m and say FF at 20 while they sit at fountain you can always come back in dota and the game is NEVER over in 20m unless the other team is pushing the throne then in that case let them end it'll be a swift defeat.

Supporting this option will not make noobs better players they will continuously FF and not learn anything from a 20m game.

Maybe for competitive games only because that case is different because they might have a best 3/5 match and if they see a game a losing cause it might be wise to start the next game to save time since not everyone has the same schedule.
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat