Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Niwa

Default ArtStyle Interview - He's not gone

Thanks xRdR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRdR View Post
Barely a couple of hours after the official announcement of the resignation of the eminent Ukrainian team captain Ukraine Na `Vi, we decided to interview him. Ivan Artstyle Antonov told us his reasons for being absent from TECHLABS, leaving Na `Vi and many other things.

Hello, Ivan, you've disappeared right after The International. What happened then?

Hello! I've lost my motivation completely. In fact, it's hard to describe ... depression started for no reason... I won, and didn't even realize it. v-one-nlat(v1lat) would say - lack of motivation.

How do you plan to spend the money? In an interview you said that you are going to upgrade your apartments.

I don't know ... I'll start by repairing my house, then I'll buy a car. I'll see what's gonna be the best choice after that.

I think it's useless to ask you about DotA2 championship, because it's been already discussed too much everywhere. We'll ask you directly about TECHLABS - what is the cause of your absence?

There were so many reasons that I, myself don't even know which of them where true and which of them where excuses I thought up. The most striking reason, I think - I did not want to sign a contract. I can not live with the fact that I'm somebody who has liabilities. I just couldn't step over myself ... I was afraid and ran. Yes, a terrible act, but as it turned out later, it was bad move.

But in general, what's your opinion on Navi perfomance there?

I wasn't watching their games. Unfortunately, I can not say why.

Recently there was a reshuffle in the M5 roster - Smile and Santa were replaced by vigoss and PGG. What do you think about this "all-stars" team?

I immediately thought about how hard it will be for them. I do not know why, really, I respect each of these players. Although I hate Dread as a player. But still, even if they are all very strong, immediately after I saw them together I just thought it's not gonna work. I do not know ... there are no cons in this team but I don't see any future prospects too...

Well, as we all know, the team where the captain is PGG - will turn into PGG +4 TR. Will M5 face the same fate?

They are definitly not that type of a player who'll become +4. If pgg will fool around he'll be turned into +1.

We proceed to the painful subject - after Gamescon you have not played a single game for Na `Vi. Have you left the team?

Yes, I was waiting for Gazprom * laughs *. Actually, yes. And it is not strange, exactly same story as with DTS * smiles *. Misunderstanding with the manager, Zerograviti. But that's all for the better, I will not go into details.

I think a player like you, won't be left without attention - where you plan to get(what team) or will you just retire, as already planned many times?

Well, I don't plan to retire, on the contrary, after playing dota2 I wanted more, but again, I lost the motivation to play all tournaments in a row. Now I think everything will come back. Where to go ... There is Russia 5 Stars and a lot of strong teams. Well, in case of emergency, I'll just gather my own.

I think many of us would want to join your team.

* Smiles * Well, my reputation ... Guys, I apologize to all fans, to all those whom I disappointed - it just happened ... It's not even about my stupid nature, although that matters too * laughs *. In short, give me a few more chances. I'm saying this to those, who'd like to fight at the enemy base in 5 minutes, rather than ricefest for 50 minutes and oneshot-fight in the end. Aggressive DotA is my destiny.

Why did you decide to leave now, when all the major tournaments are just about to start? It's all about circumstances or were you forced to act immediately?

I wasn't specifically chosing the time to leave. It's just happened.

Let's move on to more pressing issue - do you pla Dota now?

Yes, I play pub gaes on a regular basis, I'll start to stream Darer soon. Sorry, for the delay, it's just last month was very busy - I slept only 4 hours in 4 days and DRANK(vodka). I was feeling myself bad, I was feeding in pubs. By the way, I'll be giving Dota2 keys - in my stream from Darer.

Do you like Dota2?

Well, of course I do, and I will stream it too. It's all about darer * smiles *.

Let's move onto a more interesting question - where would you like to go one more time - Germany Cologne, Wuhan, China, France, Paris, Moscow Russia, Kazakhstan, Almaty?

In Paris, it was cool, in Wuhan, too ... Yes, probably everywhere * smiles *. There is always something to remember.

Incidentally, the notorious Denmark babyknight began winning tournaments in SC2. Do you want to try your skills in 1x1 discipline?

In short, v-one-lat can prove my words. I told him: I arrived the day before in Asus Cyberarena, met a player in Navi SC2, played with him 1-1, even though i wasn't not playing SC2 for half-year * laughs *. I just tried it once in beta and there I understood it was not for me.

We wish you good luck in the future. I think everyone wants to see you as a captain of a strong team that you'll bring to success.

So, I have to say that * smiles *. Guys, those who cheered for me personally - thank you for all of this! We'll show you a high-class! As for the Navi or DTS - guys, it's just happened ... It was cool to play and be with you as a team - I will never forget this ... with DTS, we made history, with NaVi "we made money" * laughs *. Thank you Navi for giving us a chance to win 200 000 $. Thanks to CS players, I joined probably only because of those two from Kharkov. Thank you, Zero - for everything you have done for me and helped me. But Sasha, at the last moment that was your fail. So, anyway, it was a great time * smiles *. We're are still going to fight.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Here, I fixed google translated text a little.
Last edited by Niwa; 10-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
SECXIIKILLA
Banned

Location: Over there.....you see it? NO! OVER THERE! OGMOGGMOGM CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!?
Default Re: ArtStyle Interview - He's not gone

yay
Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
morelamb

:*(
Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
static_sickness

wat
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Chefsache

He hates dreadlocks, mkay.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
daemonu

A better translation would be appreciated
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Shatterdude

whatthefuckamireading.jpg
Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
R.U.Sty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterdude View Post
whatthefuckamireading.jpg
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Fwizz

My head hurts.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Xezko

that was hard to read and to understand. but i think i got his point.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Niwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefsache View Post
He hates dreadlocks, mkay.
I think perhaps he is referring to M5s "Dread", but calling him "Dreadlocks" to make fun of him or something.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #12
PuneetRJ

I think what he meant was, he's not interested in playing for Na'Vi... he wants to join M5 or something like that

I invest atleast 6 hours into dota daily. Someone sell me a life.

Have a look at that sexy guide I wrote! It's like Megan Foxx, one look and you know it's a 10/10.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Floryda

nobody is russoukrainian on pd? sad

id like a proper translation
Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
RCHLNKI

o.O i can't really understand it but I guess I get his points
Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
xRdR

Barely a couple of hours after the official announcement of the resignation of the eminent Ukrainian team captain Ukraine Na `Vi, we decided to interview him. Ivan Artstyle Antonov told us his reasons for being absent from TECHLABS, leaving Na `Vi and many other things.

Hello, Ivan, you've disappeared right after The International. What happened then?

Hello! I've lost my motivation completely. In fact, it's hard to describe ... depression started for no reason... I won, and didn't even realize it. v-one-nlat(v1lat) would say - lack of motivation.

How do you plan to spend the money? In an interview you said that you are going to upgrade your apartments.

I don't know ... I'll start by repairing my house, then I'll buy a car. I'll see what's gonna be the best choice after that.

I think it's useless to ask you about DotA2 championship, because it's been already discussed too much everywhere. We'll ask you directly about TECHLABS - what is the cause of your absence?

There were so many reasons that I, myself don't even know which of them where true and which of them where excuses I thought up. The most striking reason, I think - I did not want to sign a contract. I can not live with the fact that I'm somebody who has liabilities. I just couldn't step over myself ... I was afraid and ran. Yes, a terrible act, but as it turned out later, it was bad move.

Recently there was a reshuffle in the M5 roster - Smile and Santa were replaced by vigoss and PGG. What do you think about this "all-stars" team?

I immediately thought about how hard it will be for them. I do not know why, really, I respect each of these players. Although I hate Dread as a player. But still, even if they are all very strong, immediately after I saw them together I just thought it's not gonna work. I do not know ... there are no cons in this team but I don't see any future prospects too...

Well, as we all know, the team where the captain is PGG - will turn into PGG +4 TR. Will M5 face the same fate?

They are definitly not that type of a player who'll become +4. If pgg will fool around he'll be turned into +1.

We proceed to the painful subject - after Gamescon you have not played a single game for Na `Vi. Have you left the team?

Yes, I was waiting for Gazprom * laughs *. Actually, yes. And it is not strange, exactly same story as with DTS * smiles *. Misunderstanding with the manager, Zerograviti. But that's all for the better, I will not go into details.

I think a player like you, won't be left without attention - where you plan to get(what team) or will you just retire, as already planned many times?

Well, I don't plan to retire, on the contrary, after playing dota2 I wanted more, but again, I lost the motivation to play all tournaments in a row. Now I think everything will come back. Where to go ... There is Russia 5 Stars and a lot of strong teams. Well, in case of emergency, I'll just gather my own.

* Smiles * Well, my reputation ... Guys, I apologize to all fans, to all those whom I disappointed - it just happened ... It's not even about my stupid nature, although that matters too * laughs *. In short, give me a few more chances. I'm saying this to those, who'd like to fight at the enemy base in 5 minutes, rather than ricefest for 50 minutes and oneshot-fight in the end. Aggressive DotA is my destiny.

Why did you decide to leave now, when all the major tournaments are just about to start? It's all about circumstances or were you forced to act immediately?

Yes, I play pub gaes on a regular basis, I'll start to stream Darer soon. Sorry, for the delay, it's just last month was very busy - I slept only 4 hours in 4 days and DRANK(vodka). I was feeling myself bad, I was feeding in pubs. By the way, I'll be giving Dota2 keys - in my stream from Darer.

Do you like Dota2?

Well, of course I do, and I will stream it too. It's all about darer * smiles *.

Let's move onto a more interesting question - where would you like to go one more time - Germany Cologne, Wuhan, China, France, Paris, Moscow Russia, Kazakhstan, Almaty?

In Paris, it was cool, in Wuhan, too ... Yes, probably everywhere * smiles *. There is always something to remember.

Incidentally, the notorious Denmark babyknight began winning tournaments in SC2. Do you want to try your skills in 1x1 discipline?

In short, v-one-lat can prove my words. I told him: I arrived the day before in Asus Cyberarena, met a player in Navi SC2, played with him 1-1, even though i wasn't not playing SC2 for half-year * laughs *. I just tried it once in beta and there I understood it was not for me.

We wish you good luck in the future. I think everyone wants to see you as a captain of a strong team that you'll bring to success.

So, I have to say that * smiles *. Guys, those who cheered for me personally - thank you for all of this! We'll show you a high-class! As for the Navi or DTS - guys, it's just happened ... It was cool to play and be with you as a team - I will never forget this ... with DTS, we made history, with NaVi "we made money" * laughs *. Thank you Navi for giving us a chance to win 200 000 $. Thanks to CS players, I joined probably only because of those two from Kharkov. Thank you, Zero - for everything you have done for me and helped me. But Sasha, at the last moment that was your fail. So, anyway, it was a great time * smiles *. We're are still going to fight.

Last edited by xRdR; 10-04-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
lost1234

lol
Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
PuneetRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRdR View Post

Do you like Dota2?

OP should use this, I pretty much understood everything now

I invest atleast 6 hours into dota daily. Someone sell me a life.

Have a look at that sexy guide I wrote! It's like Megan Foxx, one look and you know it's a 10/10.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Elements-
Banned

Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #19
Nanaya Shiki

If ArtStyle doesn't retire...

Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #20
Niwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuneetRJ View Post
OP should use this, I pretty much understood everything now
Done. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #21
Alibambam

I think he likes Darer

Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
Naroblas
Banned

he's a very weird individual. suddenly getting depressed, losing motivation after winning gamescom, I think what drives artstyle is challenge. with na'vi, there is no challenge and everything is easy, maybe that is why he wants to form or join a new team.

who knows.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
Xezko

most important thing of the interview: beta keys. lol
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #24
Elements-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naroblas View Post
he's a very weird individual. suddenly getting depressed, losing motivation after winning gamescom, I think what drives artstyle is challenge. with na'vi, there is no challenge and everything is easy, maybe that is why he wants to form or join a new team.

who knows.
This.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #25
Pr4nk5t3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naroblas View Post

who knows.
Pretty much this. He just keeps looking for new things to do, after having almost owned the whole year with Na'Vi, he is now looking for something new to accomplish. Though I wish he didn't, cause I was a big fan on Na'Vi. but then again, that was only due to their aggressive game play. Now that ArtStyle is gone and the fact that they have LoH in their roster, I wouldn't be surprised if they start playing for defensive and winning through LoH carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMovesPro View Post
If Rizzrak wants to tank because he think he's a tank, don't let him tank for he's not a real tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaSutA View Post
10000++ hours in DotA 1.
Bring it on scrub on scrub scrubbing the scrubs out of the scrubs of the scrubs.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
alwaysgorandom
Banned

*smiles* lame ass interview *smiles*

wussupwitdat?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #27
Niwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibambam View Post
I think he likes Darer
(:
Have you seen his interview in the Limousine? "DARER DOSHKA COM"
Old 10-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #28
DaRockLobstah

Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
Dota2Panda

Thanks for the interview.

This Panda is a member of the Philippine Dota 2 community.
Join us on Facebook - Dota 2 Philippines!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
KhazrakOneEye

Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #31
R.U.Sty

So v1lat is really pronounced v-one-lat, cool.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #32
4N4C0ND4

Quote:
I was feeding in pubs
I lol'd.
Maybe I stomped him last night
Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
ALL_CAPS_GUY

Quote:
v-one-nlat(v1lat) would say - lack of motivation.
THAT'S ANOTHER WORD FOR LAZINESS.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #34
AngryGanker

I hope he goes onto something greater
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 AM   #35
FightFate
Banned

I'm going to watch his livestream for some keys.

OT: Wow.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:20 AM   #36
shitdisco

Having read the original interview, I`d say you might misunderstand something owing to translation's shitness, at least to me personally. The little things AS mentions were quite left out, you know, but nonetheless, I really get him.

And by the way, I suppose we should have some Russian-speaking members for such cases.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #37
mus.ika

As long as the competitive scene will still have Artstyle, I'm fine with that.

It would be sad to see a very talented captain/player retire when Dota2 is already at the horizon.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #38
daemonu

If thats the case well I hope he gets to find a new team soon

Navi is getting destroyed by monkey..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #39
silenthero

I think he has...needs. I don't know why he's so depressed when people around him envies him. DotA 2 is now blooming and then he leaves? Because of that act Na'Vi is taking a beating from MonkeyBusiness.

Wait... Maybe ArtStyle wants that to happen so Na'Vi will chase him back! I see what you did there, ArtStyle...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #40
SugaSutA

"feeding in pubs"

Hope he gets back up soon? >_>
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat