Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Fatwhale
Banned

Default Average skill level

So.. I have been in the Dota2 beta for around 3 months now. It was all good in the beginning, but as soon as they started giving out random keys (for example through the key draw thigny) the beta became horrible. So.. My question is, why is the average DotA player so horrible?

Don't bring me some stupid excuses like "pub games, hurrdurr" - Most of you just don't know how to play this game at all. The majority of players right now would probably be around 1400-1600 MMR in HoN (this is horrible, just fyi).

And yes, before those random keys were given away it was AWESOME (it really was). So yea.... Why are you guys so horrible? Everything started with the playdota key draw, so I think I can get some responses from you. ggs

By the way, the first step to become a better player is ADMITTING that you are bad. Most of you (the DotA players) seem to be completly stubborn and bad.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
God of Death

Steam: The God of Death
Suggestion Award Literary Award 
Default Re: Average skill level
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Because the average player's age matches their IQ.

And also their reflex time in seconds.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Rivirland

I totally agree. It's because most people play 'for fun', so their level converges to a certain point and it stops there. They don't want to increase anymore and they have trouble taking advice because they win 40% of their games, so they conclude 'they know how to play'.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
h.ao

You're also horrible don't worry, son.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivirland View Post
I totally agree. It's because most people play 'for fun', so their level converges to a certain point and it stops there. They don't want to increase anymore and they have trouble taking advice because they win 40% of their games, so they conclude 'they know how to play'.
Having fun is winning for me. No, losing in DotA is not really fun for me. Most of the time atleast, sometimes it is.

It's frustrating when you see those headless chickens running around, having NO CLUE what they are doing. I decided to just stop playing Dota2 for the moment, untill I can queue as 5 or 4. This is just sad and freaking horrible. I'm seriously playing LoL at the moment. It's sad.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
Kaiverrettu

Well I sort of agree.

This is why im hoping for LoD in the DotA 2. In LoD, everyone usually at least knows all the skills, so you can always except at least a semi-decent games there.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
kakashe

Well, my MMR in HoN is around 1500.

I don't think I really suck, but I'm not that player. Just do my job.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashe View Post
Well, my MMR in HoN is around 1500.

I don't think I really suck, but I'm not that player. Just do my job.
Yea sorry.. 1500 in HoN is a joke. If you are SOMEWHAT decent you can soloqueue to 1750 WITHOUT ANY problem
Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
Misaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivirland View Post
I respectfully disagree. I play for fun in clan wars.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
i_Ace_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwhale View Post
So.. I have been in the Dota2 beta for around 3 months now. It was all good in the beginning, but as soon as they started giving out random keys (for example through the key draw thigny) the beta became horrible. So.. My question is, why is the average DotA player so horrible?

Don't bring me some stupid excuses like "pub games, hurrdurr" - Most of you just don't know how to play this game at all. The majority of players right now would probably be around 1400-1600 MMR in HoN (this is horrible, just fyi).

And yes, before those random keys were given away it was AWESOME (it really was). So yea.... Why are you guys so horrible? Everything started with the playdota key draw, so I think I can get some responses from you. ggs

By the way, the first step to become a better player is ADMITTING that you are bad. Most of you (the DotA players) seem to be completly stubborn and bad.
Idea: Instead of bitching that people aren't up to your standards, be fucking happy you have a beta key when so many of us don't.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Varuka

Quote:
It's frustrating when you see those headless chickens running around, having NO CLUE what they are doing. I decided to just stop playing Dota2 for the moment, untill I can queue as 5 or 4. This is just sad and freaking horrible. I'm seriously playing LoL at the moment. It's sad.
So you're saying you're stuck in the "Medium" skill level pool of dota2 (not "High") and are complaining that everyone else in medium is bad?

Also, why wouldn't you just play 2-3 pubs, steam message everyone who's good from each of those games, and add them to your friends list so you can queue together?

If you're not terrible and they're not terrible.. of course you'd want to party together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieaw.th View Post
Varuka you are best freind of the tree world in warcraft galaxy
Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_Ace_x View Post
Idea: Instead of bitching that people aren't up to your standards, be fucking happy you have a beta key when so many of us don't.

"I'm glad most of you don't have a beta key yet. because most of you can't play the game and only want to brag about having beta."

That's what most of the people here are. as I said, I'm not even playing anymore. It's no fun to have a teammate calling middle, dying in the first 2 minutes and then leaving. (Yes, had that 3 games in a row - my last 3 games so far.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
i_Ace_x

Quote:
I'm not even playing anymore. It's no fun to have a teammate calling middle, dying in the first 2 minutes and then leaving. (Yes, had that 3 games in a row - my last 3 games so far.
Boo fucking hoo. If you're not good enough to win a 4v5 then that's pathetic. Therefore, this is for you.

Scumbag Steve - bitches about other players sucking is worse than them
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
i_Ace_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varuka View Post
If you're not terrible and they're not terrible.. of course you'd want to party together...
True, but he is probably even worse than them.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
nonstopaz

U FAT WHALE, who gave you a beta key ffs?

Old 11-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Boo fucking hoo. If you're not good enough to win a 4v5 then that's pathetic. Therefore, this is for you.

Scumbag Steve - bitches about other players sucking is worse than them
Are you mentally handicapped, or just retarded?
If you have normal lanes set up, he calls mid first and goes middle - and instantly LEAVES, the game is pretty much ruined.

I'm a by far better player than probably all of you, LOL.

Quote:
True, but he is probably even worse than them.
We can play 1vs1 SF mid when you someday get this game. I will shitstomp you like it ain't nothin, namsayin. That's the thing - you are bad. You should realise it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
isavon

I think coz most of the freaks who won/begged for a beta key on these draws and competitions are at most 17 year old noobkids wanna-be pro elitists who think they're 'all that', I mean just take a peep at the beta key temp forum here. It's quite pathetic to be honest.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
isavon

Quote:
If you have normal lanes set up, he calls mid first and goes middle - and instantly LEAVES, the game is pretty much ruined.

We can play 1vs1 SF mid when you someday get this game. I will shitstomp you like it ain't nothin, namsayin. That's the thing - you are bad. You should realise it.
Leave him be. It's no use talking/arguing with brainless critters.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
0WTF

stop hating !
Old 11-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
Blarrg

Because 90% of the people in the beta key draw are little kiddies that have never played the game, you have to expect it to suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damN_Grave View Post
Blarrg is awesome
Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isavon View Post
I think coz most of the freaks who won/begged for a beta key on these draws and competitions are at most 17 year old noobkids wanna-be pro elitists who think they're 'all that', I mean just take a peep at the beta key temp forum here. It's quite pathetic to be honest.
Well, I don't care about their age at all - I care about their skill/knowledge in a game. (Some of them don't even cast their spells - seriously, they don't).

Doesn't matter to me how old he is then, he is just dead weight on a team, and completly ruins it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #22
lightmaat

1750-1800 hon player here with dota2

add me for some games - I'll be on today after 5PM PST

dark_maat

as an FYI on my playstyle - I usually play hardcarry drow/riki (I have the best riki build ever if you would like to see it in action)

As anything else, I am working on my ES skills again, since I was a pro ES player, but never liked behe in HoN and I am a decent windrunner/dark seer.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
Twilice

How does the matchmaking system work anyways? I'm stuck at permanently 0 xp, normal?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
mannyxDlol

For starters, "you guys" at the OP offends me. You've never played with me and the fact that you just asume that EVERYONE is terrible is a logical falacy.

Second:
Quote:
this is way too cocky.

Third:
Listen to what some of these people say.. If you find people that are good at the game and have fun playing with them, then party up and play with each other.

Also, as my final point, remember that the give aways are not only for the PD guys. There are many other random sites giving beta keys. The draws on this site have been minimal. Around 20 keys have been given through draws and stuff, so its impossible that 20 guys make such a huge difference.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
lightmaat

Nah I agree with the OP. Most peeps on dota2 are a joke - It is in beta though, so we will see where it takes us.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #26
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
How does the matchmaking system work anyways? I'm stuck at permanently 0 xp, normal?
The matchmaking system seems to be more like the random heroic system from WoW atm. It matches you pretty much against every skill level, and you get players from every skill level in your team. Pretty horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyxDlol View Post
For starters, "you guys" at the OP offends me. You've never played with me and the fact that you just asume that EVERYONE is terrible is a logical falacy.
This was obviously for the group that I mentioned - those who came in there thinking they are the shit and now straight up ruin games. Those who think they are the best players ever, when they obviously arent.

Quote:
Second:

this is way too cocky.
It seems to be the truth for like 99% of the time tho.

Quote:
Third:
Listen to what some of these people say.. If you find people that are good at the game and have fun playing with them, then party up and play with each other.
So you are telling me, that I have to find 5 players to play 1 enjoyable game because the matchmaking system just COMPLETLY fails to do so? Yea, that's not how it should be.

Quote:
Also, as my final point, remember that the give aways are not only for the PD guys. There are many other random sites giving beta keys. The draws on this site have been minimal. Around 20 keys have been given through draws and stuff, so its impossible that 20 guys make such a huge difference.
It's 20 keys/day. And as I said, this thread is about the GENERAL skill level of DotA.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
kit333

haters gonna hate
Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #28
Dalailama

Lol, such a fucking faggot with a betakey, please fuck yourself OP and now I know I might get infracted for this but I do not fucking care because this person is a complete dumbfuck that thinks he is anywhere above average and that everyone else is garbage. Deal with low lvl pubs, you belong to them retard.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #29
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalailama View Post
Lol, such a fucking faggot with a betakey, please fuck yourself OP and now I know I might get infracted for this but I do not fucking care because this person is a complete dumbfuck that thinks he is anywhere above average and that everyone else is garbage. Deal with low lvl pubs, you belong to them retard.
Yes, I'm sure I'm bad. It's fine. You are one of those mentioned in this thread. Feel free to impress yourself some more, so I can enjoy this. :3

The MatchMakingsystem is just not working at all, and I cba to wait 1 hour just to get in 1 inhouse game :] (Yes, I can play there. Since I'm actually good at this game - sorry that you aren't).
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
vladTGS

Quote:

It's a beta do you think Valve knows the skill level of every player they let in the beta?Be serious. Some of them are pro and some are noobs, maybe that's because they just started to play DotA2. It's a game like any other and people will learn to play it in time. For all future complaints I'll just say one word: BETA!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #31
Fatwhale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladTGS View Post
It's a beta do you think Valve knows the skill level of every player they let in the beta?Be serious. Some of them are pro and some are noobs, maybe that's because they just started to play DotA2. It's a game like any other and people will learn to play it in time. For all future complaints I'll just say one word: BETA!!!
You didn't understand anything I said.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #32
Endalay

1850 in HoN here, and realy tired of these random people who got the keys

1)windrunner lasthitting(ruining lasthit) for antimage and his friend omniknigt buying axe(hatchet) and taking farm from trax.
2)Some random dudes say " sorry me first time dota"
3)hey bro wana play 1x1 in LoL, i am gona rape you there, meanwhile 0:11 as a skeleton king
4) I press random - i got morph, dude writes GTFO I PLAY MORPH ALL TIME - disconnected

And dont play at night, all what u gona get is fucking premade stack by SK.Angel calcalus and their 3 friends.
And btw i picked antimage against SK gaming guys, Angel picked storm spirit, and guess whoes ult is stronger guys i mean antimage rules
Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #33
illiterate

and the dunning-kruger effect is in full swing.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #34
kimsht

y dota 2 players suck ass, ive got 8-1 now and i play with delay too ;/ i feel like in dota 1's garena
Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #35
GoD.FuRiAFuRioN

I am 1700 MMR hon player, currently at 63 win - 54 losses in dota2 beta, I think my stats are not that bad and I win my key in this playdota forum draw.

The main objective of the BETA is to test the game and find bugs, I already found 3 or more bugs.

OP you are being selfish. Go play HoN or LoL if you want stabilized matchmaking

I hunt at night!
Muscle Power!
Winner of the Play Dota Forum's Daily Draw of day 10-28-11
Dota2 stats: 106 win/91 losses

I am making a friendlist for DOTA2 MM if you have at least 1650+ MMR in HoN, send a PM for me or post in this thread:
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...08#post3317908
Old 11-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #36
i_Ace_x

Quote:

First off mentally handicapped is retarded so there is no "or" there, dumbass.

Second off if he leaves instantly, then you lose what 2 minutes? Teleport or walk to mid and continue playing. Whole game isn't ruined if only 1 player leaves. 4v5 games gives you more money, and, if you're really better than all of us(which I just assume you are cause you are bitching about it), why can't you just carry your team to victory?

Quote:
Dota is full of assholes like you talking shit like you're better than everyone. Fact is you're not. Do yourself and us the favor and stick with LoL.
Or I guess you can bitch a little more here.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #37
xbox619

OP is Mad...nuff said. l2 1v5 dude.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
Setsa

Because dota 2 is going to be a game with mass appeal, just like LoL. After playing LoL, I can easily deduce that this means there's going to be a lot of idiots that comprise most of the community. This is perfectly fine if you're looking for a non-competitive nature where wins/loses and strategies don't matter, but if you desire competitive play, it's just a bitch in general. It's the reason why I still like the original dota so much. While there are still a lot of lower-skilled players, there are those that excel in the genre, and having a good ih or scrim with them trumps 10 pubs with people that have been playing for only a brief time and haave no idea what to get. The reason why the average skill level in dota 2 is so low is because valve's marketing strategy is working. They're getting people that have no idea what to do to get involved in their game, and that's going to increase their market. If the entire beta was just oldfags like me and everyone else that's been playing dota, hon, and lol for years now, then anyone new to the genre would get smashed and therefore lose motivation to stick with the game.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #39
Setsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endalay View Post
1850 in HoN here, and realy tired of these random people who got the keys

1)windrunner lasthitting(ruining lasthit) for antimage and his friend omniknigt buying axe(hatchet) and taking farm from trax.
2)Some random dudes say " sorry me first time dota"
3)hey bro wana play 1x1 in LoL, i am gona rape you there, meanwhile 0:11 as a skeleton king
4) I press random - i got morph, dude writes GTFO I PLAY MORPH ALL TIME - disconnected

And dont play at night, all what u gona get is fucking premade stack by SK.Angel calcalus and their 3 friends.
And btw i picked antimage against SK gaming guys, Angel picked storm spirit, and guess whoes ult is stronger guys i mean antimage rules
Annndddd this is why when dota 2 gets released, they gotta segregate the community. Have different leagues please.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #40
WallaceGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD.FuRiAFuRioN View Post
I am 1700 MMR hon player, currently at 63 win - 54 losses in dota2 beta, I think my stats are not that bad and I win my key in this playdota forum draw.

The main objective of the BETA is to test the game and find bugs, I already found 3 or more bugs.

OP you are being selfish. Go play HoN or LoL if you want stabilized matchmaking
I can't tell if it's the rage in this thread or your avatar thats making me hard...