Originally Posted by 0hSnap
I've been playing for about an hour so. It's pretty fun, but I'm not doing that well lol. Any experienced players have any tips for improving? It feels like I can't hit anyone 90% of the time.
I was gathering some opinions and I must say that only practice will help. You may know some things about it, but try to take a brake for like 2 weeks and you will feel like you're started learning from scratch. Well, maybe that's a bit of a exaggeration, but you got the point.
A few tips:
- Your own movement speed vector adds to the said vector of any round you shoot, so if you're going fast, keep that in mind;
- Hitting mid-air is badass but improbable, so when using explosive weapons you must predict where your enemy will land and shoot the ground there. Because of that having extra energy makes you less vulnerable to spinfusor (also thumper, bolter and similar weapons) fire as you can skrew with your jumping rythm and thus with enemy targeting;
- Skiing is the power in so many regards, learn to ski. Actually, moving like a boss is like 50% of success, if not more. You can check youtube for some tricks;
- Don't forget about grenades, when looking for cheap yet effective upgrades you can't go wrong with +1 grenade ammo;
- Inventory stations can change your class, and if that fails you still can use suicide button and respawn as a member of another class, helps when you have to deal with consistent threat of certain sort (people lolcamping your gen room? take Jugg and blow the f&#k them out of there) as classes are not that versatile mostly;
- Keep base assets up and running, I bet you've noticed the difference destroyed sensoe makes. That said, Tech isn't a bad class to buy if you don't mind playing support with nice SMG;
- It's one of those few FPS when watching your back every 3 seconds isn't needed... Unless you are checking indoors of your base (prepare to dodge nades coming out of nowhere!)
- Nothing can help you with this game except for practive, good luck