Starting Damage: 53-57
Starting Armor: 0

Goblin Shredder at a glance

Starting Items:

Items to work on:

Core Items:
+ Mana Items such as
Optional additions:
Look for the mana items above, as Rizzrak is mana starved. Other than that, tankiness is useful

Whirling Death
================
(Active, no target)

Goblin Shredder whirls extremely sharp edges dealing damage and reducing primary attribute of any unfortunate enemy hero who comes in a 300 AOE around him. Deals Pure damage if it cuts down trees in the process. Lowers primary attribute by 15% for 7 seconds.

Damage: 50/100/150/200

Manacost: 70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 8

Notes:
Whirling Death deals magical damage by default. If it cuts down trees as well, it becomes pure damage.

Timber Chain
==============
(Active, targeted point)

Fires a chain that embeds itself in the first tree it hits, pulling you to it and cutting any enemy in your path for pure damage.

Damage AoE: 225

Range: 800/1000/1200/1400
Damage: 100/140/180/220

Cooldown: 4 seconds
Manacost: 60/70/80/90

Reactive Armor
================
(Passive)

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger! Every physical attack made on Rizzrak increases his armor and gives him bonus hp regen. Each stack lasts for 16 seconds.

Bonus: 1 armor and 1 HP regen per stack

Stack Limit: 4/8/12/16

Chakram
=========
(Activatable, targeted point)

Fires your main saw blade at the target location, and once there the blade will spin, dealing damage in an AoE around it and slowing enemies by 5% for every 5% of health they are missing. The blade deals pure damage and cuts down trees in its path when fired and retracted. You lose the ability to attack while the blade is out.

Passthrough Damage: 100/140/180
DPS: 50/75/100

Cast Range: 1200

Manacost: 125/150/175
Manacost per second: 20/30/40
Cooldown: 8

Notes:
Chakram returns to you if you go more than 2000 units away. Destroys trees.

Skill Build:
Whirling Death
Reactive Armor
Whirling Death
Timber Chain
Whirling Death
Chakram
Whirling Death
Timber Chain/Reactive Armor
Chakram
Reactive Armor/Timber Chain
Stats
Chakram
Stats++

Playstyle
Rizzrak is a tank mana-intensive spellcaster with a focus on mobility and positioning. His spells deal a lot of damage and 2 of them are pure damage, but are somewhat difficult to hit. His ultimate is excellent in both teambattles and ganks for a slow and damage, but is only truely effective on heroes already hurt. For this reason, he is most effective when his team already has a lead and the other team has low hp heroes (usually supports) that he can take advantage of.

His first skill is Whirling Death. It is an aoe ability that deals sizeable damage around him, as well as draining the primary attribute of enemies hit by 15%. If he is near trees, the damage becomes pure. Because of the tree mechanic and the somewhat small aoe, it is best utilized with his second ability. It deals the most damage early game, but quickly teters lower and lower. The somewhat low 8 second cooldown makes up for this, though.

His second skill is Timber Chain. It is an interesting hook ability that you fire at trees to latch onto them. The cooldown is extremely low; only 4 seconds. It also has a great range and deals pure damage to people that you pass by, making it an excellent continuous source of damage and mobility. It can be used for chasing, initiation, or especially getting away. It is very fun to just zoom across cliffs while your enemies have to walk around. The hook itself shoots out very fast; just a little bit slower than clockwork's hook. The only problem is its manacost on an already mana starved hero, and that it won't pull you if you're stunned when the hook connects. For this reason, try not to run into 5 people or something. You know what I mean. Generally, just try to slink to the edge of the enemies, or behind them. Use your extremely low cooldown to an advantage and snag hits on enemies that are unwary. However, you usually won't get many hits on them with this unless they're running away; most engagement locations don't have many convenient trees.

His third skill is Reactive Armor. It is a tank-oriented skill that increases your armor and regeneration potency every time you're hit. Just by the nature of this skill, it's pretty useful when there's creeps around, like the laning stage. At level 4, you can get up to 16 armor, which is kind of hard to maintain so the creeps will definitely help. Note that with this skill, farming becomes a breeze. You can take camps and creep waves with ease.

His last skill is Chakram. It is a mana intensive teamflight slow + damage over time. You fire your chakram into an area, and it will slow them based on how much health they are missing. The ability takes mana to fire, mana per second to maintain similar to Leshrac's ultimate, and you have to return it to yourself if you want to move it, which means paying the initial manacost again. This ability is also pure damage so enemies won't be reducing it. The damage is actually extremely sizeable, but the manacost for the initial firing is high so it's not always wise to just throw it at a full-health team initially, and then have them disperse fast while you're stuck with the small cooldown + firing the saw again. Not to say that you should never do this; sometimes your team could use the small slow it uses. The initial damage is enough to catch supports that are full health and self-maintain the slow/damage until they are dead, fast. The best counter to this is just to mass up on health or get a BKB; ideally both. Note that if you're stunned or silenced, you can't retract your sawblade so you just spend mana while it might not be doing anything. Also note that you can't attack while your sawblade is out. This isn't a big deal though, as you should be using timberchain when it's off CD and whirling death when it's off CD.

Quote:
I have all the characteristics of a human being: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Midnightoil

Default Re: Rizzrak, Goblin Shredder at a glance

DW tree walking + silhouette grapple + lame passive + (Warlock slow + dot in aoe) Woah original hero
Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Sidji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightoil View Post
DW tree walking + silhouette grapple + lame passive + (Warlock slow + dot in aoe) Woah original hero
...I bet you didn't even tried it.
He's one of the funniest hero to play in the game.
Not because he's good, just because he's fun to play (in a clockwerk way).
90% of pubs are won by 1 single player who single handedly carries his team of vanguard snipers.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
1337_n00b

Quote:
This is a successfull troll.

Not.

Thanks to TellYourFriends
Old 12-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Kris

Should be maxing timber chain first followed by death and feeding on everything in sight. Armor isn't even needed in the early game.

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
kawumm

Guide Writing Award 

^helps a ton in hard lanes when your ally is pulling.

i think arc boots into booster -> bloodstone is cookie cutter.
/thread
epic

Old 12-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
arnop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Should be maxing timber chain first followed by death and feeding on everything in sight. Armor isn't even needed in the early game.
Seems like the passive would be massively useful if you're in a defensive lane. I wouldn't max the passive first though, that's just gimping your damage output.

At a glance, this guy is my favourite of the new heroes. Haven't tried him yet, but seems like it'll be fun.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Pwntlolz

timber chain at 2
I'm willing to start a pool for whoever can kill a non retarded goblin the soonest
I bet the first person to kill a non retarded shredder will be in like a few months
god timber chain is such a good skill lol
I'd say remove the stun from shackles and shes fine.

"I ain't no scientician but I don't remember being no monkey."
"Family reunion tomorrow, better buy some condoms."
-Redneck Randal
Old 12-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
laikzasve

Just discovered;

OMFG U CAN USE DEATH WHILE PULLING YOURSELF TO TREES. ITS SO FUCKIN COOL !
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Kris

Played this hero once and it was more mindless to get kills on than a lion with dagon5 at 18 minutes...

His str is so good that you don't even need his armor skill in lane (basi) and with just a platemail he can absorb stupid amounts of damage in the mid-late stages.

Yea armor would be nice if you were behind with this hero in lane. Only problem is that it is practically impossible to get behind because he hurts so much. Maybe in a midlane solo death + armor maxing makes sense. But in a side lane multi lane where he should be I doubt it is often worth it.

Even if you did that you would keep death at 1 armor at 1 and max chain first anyways.

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
Hemoxyte

if anything in a lane i would rather max timber and death, while maybe get 1 lvl of armor, i wouldnt get mana boots, ill get tranquil boots to help his armor, mana boots can be replaced with soul ring.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #12
Milith

Your thoughts about jungling him ? With a couple levels on armor, plus Quelling and Stout he should do just fine, but i'm afraid the dps isn't high enough for it to be worth.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #13
badmafa
Banned

There's no reason to jungle something that wins every dual and trilane combination.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #14
DucK-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwntlolz View Post
timber chain at 2
I'm willing to start a pool for whoever can kill a non retarded goblin the soonest
I bet the first person to kill a non retarded shredder will be in like a few months
god timber chain is such a good skill lol
Timber is so fun. Makes me feel like Spiderman
Old 12-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #15
UltimateDestiny

He can jungle efficiently
Old 12-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #16
carlvic
Graphics Crew

Steam: Nimbus
Signature of the Week Winner 

i think he's pretty fine...
This str hero is dynamic and very fun to play with
unlike that imba garithos shit..

M A L A G A N T
the BLACK KNIGHT
Old 12-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #17
Shergal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemoxyte View Post
if anything in a lane i would rather max timber and death, while maybe get 1 lvl of armor, i wouldnt get mana boots, ill get tranquil boots to help his armor, mana boots can be replaced with soul ring.
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Soul Ring + new boots are absolutely awesome on this hero, provided you're skilled enough to escape most dangerous situations with the hook. I went for a blademail on him but it didn't turn out that great, so I'm at a loss as to what to get him. With a Soul Ring and a basi your mana problems are really reduced, and when I got the BM I didn't have problems anymore. A Pers => Linken is pretty good if you want to tank, and I'm thinking a Cuirass starting with the platemail would also do. Other ramblings: Halverd, that new Rod, HoD, Urn.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #18
Merkaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
You are a gentleman and a scholar. Soul Ring + new boots are absolutely awesome on this hero, provided you're skilled enough to escape most dangerous situations with the hook. I went for a blademail on him but it didn't turn out that great, so I'm at a loss as to what to get him. With a Soul Ring and a basi your mana problems are really reduced, and when I got the BM I didn't have problems anymore. A Pers => Linken is pretty good if you want to tank, and I'm thinking a Cuirass starting with the platemail would also do. Other ramblings: Halverd, that new Rod, HoD, Urn.
I'd steer clear of curaiss and halberd simply because he doesn't really attack much. I'd prefer shiva since you can have an extra slow for when the enemy team is higher in health

Quote:
I have all the characteristics of a human being: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #19
Frost

I feel like 6.73 heroes (except for Tresdin) are all mana sinks. You just can't have enough mana for them.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #20
Colw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
Timber is so fun. Makes me feel like Spiderman
hahaha, yeah.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
blessing_gracee

i like this hero :P
Old 12-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
martivic

thx
Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

My favorite of all the 6.73 heroes. He's really fun to use and he's balanced enough.

Chakram is great for escaping or anti-ganking, as you can just cast this and escape, heroes chasing you will be slowed and damaged a lot + the damage of the chakram going back to you + timber and whirling death and you can turn an escape situation into a few lololol kills.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
badmafa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonius_Block View Post
My favorite of all the 6.73 heroes. He's really fun to use and he's balanced enough.
Ha.

Fun fact: This hero has the lowest win rate in DLG, despite being one of the strongest heroes in the version.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
Pwntlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmafa View Post
Fun fact: This hero has the lowest win rate in DLG, despite being one of the strongest heroes in the version.
The Universal Theory of the Pubber Effect:
1. a player picks a ridiculously broken hero and rapes things
2. good players are respectful and do not pick the broken hero next game
3. bad players need to compensate for their ridiculous lack of skill, and pick the broken heroes
4. proceed to fail
5. post on Dota Chat on how the previously stated broken hero needs buffs
I'd say remove the stun from shackles and shes fine.

"I ain't no scientician but I don't remember being no monkey."
"Family reunion tomorrow, better buy some condoms."
-Redneck Randal
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
Yago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwntlolz View Post
The Universal Theory of the Pubber Effect:
1. a player picks a ridiculously broken hero and rapes things
2. good players are respectful and do not pick the broken hero next game
3. bad players need to compensate for their ridiculous lack of skill, and pick the broken heroes
4. proceed to fail
5. post on Dota Chat on how the previously stated broken hero needs buffs
Signature worthy.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
DearGod212

thx
Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
Clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlvic View Post
i think he's pretty fine...
This str hero is dynamic and very fun to play with
unlike that imba garithos shit..
hehe Doritos

When she's a jail bait, it's better to masturbate.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
iDeFix

Agreed, too much armor in the early game is not the priority. Get TC an WD and it should be ok

Old 01-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Ghostier

What makes you think Tauren Chieftain and Witch Docter are particularly good with this character iDeFix? (p.s. nor possible to pm you, but you probably know that already)
Old 01-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
yasin.bieber

i'll try dude, really awesome thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
namesaredumb

Good so far, i like to get reactive at 1 first just because it works on creeps and i feel like i never use whirling death until i level anyway.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #33
LightningPowah

Pretty cool hero to play around with. Just destroy all the trees =)

And he's a counter to Prophet.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #34
ztrnxz

im failing to get the hang of him >.<
keep dying like shit...or maybe im just unlucky with allies =.=

prophet is a good ally too
he traps for you to hook and combo out
Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #35
Nugatory

i've played him and its just... rizz racks on racks on racks