VI. Late Game Strategy
VII. Good Allies and Bad Enemies
VIII. Screenshots/Combos
XI. Replays
XII. Videos
XIII. Last Word
XIV. Changelogs

I. Foreward
Well, so far, nobody has yet to post a significant guide to Rhasta, excluding the draft guides. So I'm here, to patch up piece by piece, Rhasta's usefulness, skill build, item build, and a whole lot more.

Also, this guide is not suited for competitive play. So, if you're searching for competitive play for Rhasta, then you might need to search the web for it.

II. Story/Stats/Skills
1. Story

Once a gifted troll witch doctor, young Rhasta was well versed with the secrets of voodoo magic. When the war between the Sentinel and the Scourge began, Rhasta, then a Shadow Hunter, offered his allegiance to the Sentinels to vanquish the Scourge once and for all. While he was gifted as a witch doctor, Rhasta is a genius as a shadow hunter, exceeding his master by mastering the art of summoning multiple serpent wards, binding enemies for a short time and casting elemental lightning to several units.

2. Stats

Str: 19 + 1.6
Agi: 16 + 1.6
Int: 21 + 3 (Primary Attribute)

Affiliation: Neutral
Attack Animation: 0.3 / 0.5
Damage: 42 - 49
Casting Animation: 0.3 / 1.07
Armor: 1.3
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Movespeed: 285
Missile Speed: 900
Attack Range: 500
Sight Range: 1800 / 800

3. Skills

Ether Shock
Mana Cost: 95/105/135/160
Cooldown: 10 secs
Casting Range: 600
AoE: 200
Duration: N/A
Allowed Targets: Enemy Units
Effects: 75/150/225/300 damage to 3/4/6/7 targets

The only spell that Rhasta can nuke out. Also, used for harassing and getting last hits. Important skill, sometimes used early game to get extra gold coins with creep kills.

Voodoo
Mana Cost: 110/140/170/200
Cooldown: 13 secs
Casting Range: 500
AoE: N/A
Duration: 1.25/2/2.75/3.5 secs
Effects: Turns enemy into critter

Rhasta's hexing skill. Sometimes used with Ether Shock to add potential in it's effect, making use of the time. Also, useful on fleeing enemies.

Shackles
Mana Cost: 110/135/155/185
Cooldown: 16 secs
Casting Range: 400
Duration: 2.5/3.25/4/4.75 secs
Effects: Disables the target, dealing 40 damage per second

Rhasta's best disabling spell (In my opinion). In team battles, Shackles help out alot. Bind your enemies by a few seconds and their done for. Also, a few seconds are alot quite alot of pain if your allies are DPS (damage per second) heroes.

Mass Serpent Wards
Mana Cost: 200/350/600
Cooldown: 110
Casting Range: 550
Duration: 45 secs
Allowed Targets: N/A
Effects: Summons 8 Serpent Wards, which have 39-43(53-59 *)/54-58(74-79 *)/69-73(94-100 *) damage

* Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter

Rhasta's Ultimate. Really makes up for it with 8 Serpent Wards. Although they can't move, they can help you to escape if you're in danger, help your teammates, or trap enemy heroes in them! And combined with disables, game over?

Note: Aghanim's Scepter no longer increases the Ward-count. Instead, the damage is increased.

4. Pros and Cons
Pros:
[+] One of the best disablers in the game
[+] Can singlehandedly turn the tides of a battle
[+] Not really item dependant

Cons:
[+] Very fragile
[+] Slow movespeed
[+] Mostly the #1 target in team battles

Roles:

Disabler: I'm sure you know that 'Disabler' isn't a role, but I've just created one! (lol) Anyway, Rhasta, as a disabler, focuses on techniques to help, aid and assist teamates. Of course, the disabling skills can also help to grab a kill, or hold it up so your teammates know what to do.

Ganker: Rhasta has also claimed to be a ganker, roaming in search of kills. You're underleveled, get a teammate and roam the map, grab a kill or two, and see how much improvement there is.

Pusher: Yes, Rhasta is one of the best pushers around. Mass Serpent Wards, is just the right solution for bringing down towers at a high effiecency cost, of it's mana. Mass Serpent Wards can also help to farm creeps while their pushing, and in large numbers.

III. Builds
1. Skill Build
'The Common Build'

1. Shackles
2. Ether Shock
3. Ether Shock
4. Shackles
5. Ether Shock
6. Mass Serpent Wards
7. Ether Shock
8. Shackles
9. Shackles
10. Voodoo
11. Mass Serpent Wards
12. Voodoo
13. Voodoo
14. Voodoo
15. Attribute Bonus
16. Mass Serpent Wards
17 - 25. Attribute Bonus

This build adapts to Rhasta's disable usages. With Shackles going first, you can be sure even if you meet heroes on the lane, it is worth a start. Voodoo is usually gotten last due to the massive mana needed. Another build would be to max out Ether Shock, then Voodoo, then lastly Shackles. Some people use the build for the extra disable they need. It is also a key that Ether Shock nukes out and harass enemies that get near the lane, so it is a powerful spell.

'The Disabler'

1. Shackles
2. Voodoo
3. Shackles
4. Voodoo
5. Shackles
6. Mass Serpent Wards
7. Shackles
8. Voodoo
9. Voodoo
10. Ether Shock
11. Mass Serpent Wards
12. Ether Shock
13. Ether Shock
14. Ether Shock
15. Attribute Bonus
16. Mass Serpent Wards
17 - 25. Attribute Bonus

This is a different type of build, where people will make use of Rhasta's disabling skills. More importantly, a 2nd level of Voodoo can help alot in the early kills. So pick this if you think you're ready for some disable.

'The Competitive Skill Build'

1. Shackles
2. Ether Shock
3. Ether Shock
4. Voodoo
5. Ether Shock
6. Mass Serpent Wards
7. Ether Shock
8. Voodoo
9. Voodoo
10. Voodoo
11. Mass Serpent Wards
12. Shackles
13. Shackles
14. Shackles
15. Stats
16. Mass Serpent Wards
17 - 25. Stats

The competitive skill build for Rhasta. Though I said that this guide is not suitable for competitive play, it's just a skill build to let you understand how to play for him.

2. Items
2a. Team Battle: 5v5

If you're going for a team battle in DotA, 5v5, I suggest doing this:

Starting:

Total: 625 Gold.

Why just this, and not other builds with Bracers? If you don't know yet, Null Talisman costs 25 Gold cheaper then Bracers, and you need extra gold early game to balance properly. Clarity to save you from running back to base, along with Tangoes.

Core:

Total: 11175 Gold. (This is possible if your team is owning early game, to mid game, and this is really costly, so you may want to exchange Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse for Aghanim's Scepter or Necronomicon.

Why Boots of Travel?

Questions for why BoT (boots of travel) equipped by Rhasta is and will be asked. Some people go for Treads, while it is worth it, or not? Travel makes Rhasta's pushing purposes alot more beneficial. It is also time consuming to travel from one place to counter-push or to push, so there we have the boots to solve Rhasta's pushing needs.

Why Eul's Scepter of Divinity?

Eul's is definitely needed to land your ultimate. Though it may just look plain, and only to help you land it, it has many purposes behind this item as well. Early game, you'll be harassing alot. And since we're going, for example, bottom lane for Sentinel, get a quick Sobi Mask from the side to increase mana regnetion. And so, Eul's solves our mana regeneration problem.

Why Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse?

Another hex for you to abuse. Definitely, it may be costly, but you'll get what you need for it. The hexing purpose is also to help you land your Mass Serpent Wards, though Eul's may be a better choice. As I said, Guinsoo is costly, so you may want to swap it for Aghanim's or Necronomicon or any other boosting items you want.

Luxury Items:

Refresher Orb 5300: Due to the changes in 6.63(b), the cooldown is changed to a bigger amount, a 110 second cooldown. So, if you're getting hanged, rushed, chased, hit or whatever, and Wards are on a cooldown, reach for this.

Aghanim's Scepter 4300: Due to the changes in 6.64, the Scepter DOES NOT increases Rhasta's Ward-count anymore. Which means, Scepter increases the damages of the Wards instead. But still, the damage is quite hard (with level 3 94-100 damage). Go along with it if you feel you're overpowered and can only count on your Wards to save potential lives or kills.

Necronomicon 2750: Many favourites between Rhasta users. This is considered Luxury since the uses of the Necronomicon Archer and Warrior both do wonders. You let them charge for the enemy, while you hide. When the enemy concentrates on them, come out of the darkness and do your best.

Shiva's Guard 4700: Many attempts to fail at Ward-Trap doesn't mean that you'll fail disastrously. Get Shiva's Guard and go for the escaping enemy. Activate it, and, get your kill, if possible.

2b. 1v1

During 1v1 fights, it is expected to have alot of money in the beginning. So I'll let you have this build:

Starting:

Clarity is optional if you're playing -om, or something else. If not, spare the gold. Travel is advised to get since you're not going to waste money by buying Eul's first when you haven't even gotten your Ultimate.

Core:

Mostly the same as the team battle build for the Core. No else.

Other items that might help Rhasta:

Ganking item, and since Rhasta is a ganker, he needs it, thought many people will consider buying it.

Soul Booster is another cost efficient way of buffing up Rhasta if you don't feel like running back to the fountain.

Another efficient way, upgraded from Soul Booster. Same as Soul Booster.

Great item. Helps buff up Intelligence and increses the movespeed a little. Though I still recommend Travel for pushing, and lane dominating purposes.

3. Rejected Items

Heart of Terrasque: 5500

Vanguard: 2225

Remember: Rhasta isn't a tanker, therefore none of these items are needed.

Divine Rapier: 6200

Monkey King Bar: 5400

They don't really work well with Rhasta. In fact, Rhasta doesn't really need extra damage.

Battlefury: 4350

Radiance: 5150

Rhasta isn't a melee hero, why need another extra damage caused AoE? Yeah could help with farming but somehow, you're wasting money, IMO.

Helm of the Dominator 1850: Rhasta doesn't need extra lifesteal. In fact, a few disables can cause him, sometimes not to lose a single life.

Mask of Madness 1900: Why extra attackspeed? Don't see the purpose.

Doesn't really suit Rhasta...

Edited: No longer has the same recipe (with Diffusal Blade)

An absolute no. Rhasta is no way, rightful to chase down enemies. This should only be given as a role to allies such as Lycanthrope, or other chasers, etc.

Fun Item Build:

Yeah, a Fun Item Build for Rhasta:

6x -
3x - and

6 Perseverances is... chaos! You regenerate mana alot faster, and after Voodoo, Shackles, then Voodoo again, and Shackles once more. Even chasing, Ether Shock, then after the cooldown resets, once more!

3 Soul Boosters and another 3 Bloodstones is much more of an undefeatable status, for Rhasta. In fact, how hard the enemy hits you, you'll keep hitting back, like nothing hit you. Maybe it can be better then Vanguard... but, who knows?

IV. Early Game Strategy
Early game, soloing mid lane is Rhasta's purpose. Or bot for Sentinel, top for Scourge. I can see why if you're in need of money or extra exp. Also, never skill any of Rhasta's skills first, because you won't know what you're facing. If you're facing no enemy, I suggest picking Ether Shock instead. Since you're going for last hits/denies with no one to disrupt you, I don't see why not.

If you get Ironwood Branches first, I suggest getting Healing Slaves over Tangoes. Why? Rhasta's low health early game will be a disruptance. Or, if you need another, I suggest buying extra Tangoes.

V. Mid Game Strategy

Mid game for Rhasta mostly is to join in between and fro of team battles. With disables going around, the enemy will hardly touch you, but you'll evenly touch your enemy. Also, maybe during this time, your enemy will try to do means to take you down. You're probably the #1 target in team battles. It may be an honour to be the prority target, but nevertheless, you must becareful even if you're ganking quite well.

They say, if you want to kill an enemy around mid game, hide in the trees, surprise your enemy. Start by the same combo, then once your Warding cooldowns, rinse and repeat.

VI. Late Game Strategy

More or less, your item build should be ready by now. You don't have to really matter much if you're going up against another hero. I know the nerf about the Mass Serpent Wards, to a higher cooldown. If you're just finished with Mass Serpent Wards, keep farming. You just need to waste time before you can reuse Mass Serpent Wards again. Or, you can use Refresher Orb.

Late game here, you must be precise with Rhasta. Alot of advantage will be taken, so I suggest trying to stay with teammates at all times. If enemy is on your lane, never alert them. Instead, call for allies and deal with them together.

VII. Good Allies and Bad Enemies
I'll go through some popular allies that'll help you out.

1. Good Allies

Stunners/Trappers/Supporting Spellcasters

Basically, supporting spellcasters and other stunners/trappers are well hooked for you. They can help you to get the enemies while you ward trap and finish them off.

Chasers

These heroes can finish the enemy off if they live and escape. So help to disable them so they can go for the kill.

2. Bad Enemies

Their so bad if you mix with them...

I wouldn't mess with them if I were you.

Extra heroes that could beat you down.

VIII. Screenshots/Combos
1. Screenshots

Some screenshots of Rhasta in action.

Here is a full life Lich, and Rhasta is coming to gank him.

In this screen, Rhasta and Lich both can be seen. Notice that Rhasta does not have Eul's, therefore there is no Cyclone in the picture.

And Lich gets caught in the ward-trap by Rhasta. It's not over yet.

Shackle is now out to bind Lich, and the rest of the wards deal damage to Lich alone.

A few seconds later, and Lich tries to escape, but to his disbelief, he died. Forked Lightning was cast right after Shackle, so that brought his hp down.

How to Ward-Trap a Moving Unit

Right Ward-Trapping Attempts:

Then,

Failure Ward-Trapping Attempts:

Then,

2. Combos

Well, if you think this section just manipulates the thoughts above about Ward-Trapping, then you're wrong. Rhasta's disable skills have alot of potiential in bringing in alot of new combos, with the deadly vast of items as well.

So, for this thought on Ward-Trapping first, here's the combo, with pictures:

-> ->

Basically, this is the same Ward-Trapping skill used above. It carries alot of pain in this combo, so try out on heroes that are more vulnerable to magic damage trapped in the wards. Also, when the hero is trapped, double-click your wards and attack that hero. You'll lessen his/her chance of escape, and finally, a kill with Ether Shock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you think you're not suitable with instant Ward-Trap, you can:

-> ->
->

This combo works if you're not really good between the Ward-Trapping yet. With Voodoo first, you slow the enemy down. Then, with movement speed decreased, trap him in encaged, and Shackle him. Then hit if he escapes that process. Then Ether Shock. Also, you will need alot of mana if you're doing this combo, so becareful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Items also bring in help, like this combo:

OR OR -> -> ->

Or, you can replace Shackles with Voodoo agianst heroes that have Magic resistance (like Anti-Mage, Gorgon). They make them even less vulnerable, and lets your team handle them much better.

Guinsoo: If you let Guinsoo first, then it's the same process with the Ward-Trap, where you go slow, and carefully so you don't miss your Ward-Trap. And then, the rest of the combo resets.

Eul's Scepter: If you're going for Eul's Scepter first, you must remember 3 things: 1. When will the Cyclone end. 2. Targeting the enemy a few seconds before the Cyclone is prefectly done sweeping up. 3. The shadow of the hero. This can really help too, if you're not too sure how to Ward-Trap yet. Stopping the enemy in his tracks and make him vulnerable to act. You may want to Shackle and Voodoo afterwards in case he gets away, but I doubt it. Your Ward-Trap is more or less, encaged - then nuke.

Necronomicon: If you're choosing Necronomicon, I suggest summoning them, hit the enemy, then Ward-Trap before adding on the disables. And while being disabled, destroy their mana! This makes them more or less useless to you. Also, this makes them unable to blink, invisible, because of their loss of mana.

When killing enemy heroes without Ward-Trap:

When you're going to kill enemy heroes without Ward-Trap, you will need another ally, to help you. Why? Even with Ether Shock, Shackles and Voodooing, the enemy is still able to get away, a few hp before it is pwned. So I suggest to bring another ally. While you disable him with Voodoo and Shackles, your ally will take him out. If he escapes, use your nuke, Ether Shock to get the last damage.

Heroes to becareful when Ward-Trapping:

Nessaj (Chaos Knight): Can make images with Phtantasm, allow him to escape from the Ward-Trap. I suggest getting your Nercomancers to slow him down, making him lose mana faster.

Slithice (Naga Siren): Same as Nessaj, Slithice will escape your Ward-Trap, slow you with traps and finish you off. Another idea would be to Voodoo, then Ward-Trap and Shackles as soon as she becomes back to her former self.

Mangix (Pandaren Brewmaster): Able to split into 3 of itself, also escaping from the trapping. Once free, he can use his 2 other split self to attack you. I suggest you to Ward-Trap him, then Shackles. Once Shackles dies out, Voodoo after. This can make him trapped in much longer, and lose health quickly.

Terrorblade (Soul Keeper): Able to make images. Among the other 3, Terrorblade is different. After confusing you, he will steal life from you, while the image beat the hell out of you. I suggest using Eul's Scepter, if can, and also Ether Shock if he manages to image out. If he escapes, Shackle him, then Voodoo before hitting him down.

XI. Replays:

Rhasta Disabler

Patch version: 1.24c
Map: DotA Allstars 6.66
Game mode: -apso
Winner: Scourge

Sentinel:
:lich: Astana84, level 17
:sand: _taizi_, level 14
:naix: Sparta|WoF, level 18
:wd: FTL.noob, level 15
:potm: .iWillCmi~, level 18

Scourge:
:doom: Old.Dr.Vice, level 17
:vs: Ichigosama, level 20
:rhasta: GhostofGuns, level 20
:veno: PIGUdeStory, level 3
:murloc: SoL^Doom, level 9

Pretty much pub. I died alot of times here, and made very very very stupid choices which I shouldn't have done. Ichigosama was my friend, and was talking to him pretty much throughout the game. This game is focused on disabling, and letting your team kill. We also had a swap, between Sol^Doom and Sparta|WoF. Our team lost pretty badly. But in the end, we keeped up the pace. Items: Bracer, Null, Boots, Eul's and Aghanim's.

XII. Videos

XIII. Last Word
Remember, this is not the real way to play Rhasta. It's just my playing style and what I've gone through with Rhasta. In definition, Rhasta may not be suit well for some causes (like tanking, carry, etc), so just don't get the wrong idea. Also, I hope that fellow people who like Rhasta's disable skills can also maximize your potential in playing him by also surprising your enemies. Go in the trees and Ward-Trap and other stuffs. Also, hope you get to try out new item combos!

XIV. Changelogs
September (09):

27/09/09: Guide made.
28/09/09: Changed the Item category by replacing on which items to choose/added in which lane Rhasta should move to.
29/09/09: Re-edited some of the contents of the guide.

October (09):

2/10/09: Changed Manta Style over to the Rejected Items section/Added new section: Screenshots and Combos.
4/10/09: Added new sections and improved the guide much better.
8/10/09: Changed the guide to make it look shorter, so there won't be problem scrolling.
9/10/09: Added Bottle; Changed small spot-on mistakes.
14/10/09: Updated the item box, made regards to v6.64, whole lots of changes and guide coloured to look nicer.
28/10/09: 'Anchored' the guide, so you can click it up to the content page. Tiny replaced with Mortred.
29/10/09: Removed the colour edits for Foreward and Story and the italicised font. Added abit more colour to the guide.

November (09):

2/11/09: Added the competitive skill build for Rhasta, and added a few notes for items.

January (10):

16/1/10: Updated guide for 6.66. Remove Axe from the Foes.

28/1/10: Updated for 6.66b. New replay, deleted the old one.

February (10):

23/2/10: Replay fixed. Fixed icons in the replay section. Fixed the replay TFT version for watching.

March (10):

26/3/10: Updated guide for 6.67b. New screenshots.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
rodrick

Default New Comment

refresher is only viable after getting eul and guinso.--- the aghamis scepter is not so good for rhasta it only adds 3 snakes... and if you want to use all your disables + 2 ultis u need at least 1500 mana
Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
GhostofGuns

Default New Comment

Yeah but you could switch from time to time depending on the siutation. Bloodstone helps alot if you need additional mana.
Last edited by GhostofGuns; 09-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
UTDC.Justin

Default New Comment

You don't have to put the rejected items section, probably will save you some space (or maybe put them together - they don't need an explanation)
Old 10-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
GhostofGuns

Default New Comment

Well maybe, coz' sometimes people just miss the items that they shouldn't buy and buy it in the game instead.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
DemonicTrashcan

Default Re: New Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDC.Justin View Post
You don't have to put the rejected items section, probably will save you some space (or maybe put them together - they don't need an explanation)
Well not always, on rhasta, most of these items are just dps items, which is kinda obvious not to get. But for some heroes, (let's say for instant Phantom Lancer,) you'd need an explanation to debunk claims on Vlads, and explain why it's rejected.

Good guide, simple, but rhasta is no overly complex hero. Regardless, some Screenies make any guide nicer.

I noticed you put Manta under the situational item, saying get it if your team needs purge... Notice that it no longer contains Diffusal in it's recipe. Also then on the rejected items you list diffusal... so... lolwut.
Last edited by DemonicTrashcan; 10-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
GhostofGuns

Default New Comment

Well, forgot about that >.<
Didn't notice much around Manta Style's recipe changes. I mostly saw the changelogs about half or so. Anyway, edited it. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
oOws!

Default New Comment

well. I don't find much wrong with it. WHy does it hav a really low rating.. I suggest getting necromonicon and guinsoo/shiva. He's pretty good with just a necromonicon. We need something to tough him up. Heart? or maybe BKB?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
DetectiveTran

Default New Comment

should include combos, like cylone snakes and shackles, or shackles voodoo guinsoos, is GG almost every hero at late game. Euls could be considered a must because for experienced players, 12 snakes are enough to trap (surround) and kill.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #10
crayfrog

Default New Comment

a very good item on rhasta is shiva`s guard it gives u a lot of mana and without a shiva or hex you will not be able to place 2 ward because of the lack of mana you need about 1600 mana for refresher and 2 wards
Old 10-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
Snake

Default Re: Rhasta, the Shadow Shaman

It's one the best disablers in the game, don't forget Lion and Atropos.

Arcane ring doesn't fit in rhasta's playstyle, i don't see the bottle either as you stated rhasta is a great ganker, you need to add the must of every ganker a.k.a BOTTLE.
I don't see the dagger either, it's a great item for rhasta too.

Why Mortred is a feared enemy? You basically farm more than her, and if you are facing her just disable, fork, attack, put wards, and kill her? I know her blur might hurt but you got enough disablers. Tiny beat the crap out of rhasta (Dagger, stun+toss and you are dead)add him at the enemies section too.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
Probully

Default New Comment

lolz... i found it funny at the bad enemy spot, when axe is trapped inside mass serpent ward, his counter helix wont harm the snakes and you should try to put the snakes down when you have a distance =)
Old 10-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
TheDamneD

Default New Comment

Newbie, aren't you? BFury DOESN'T give cleave on RANGED heroes...
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #14
TheDamneD

Default New Comment

Oh yeah...http://www.playdota.com/items#
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
userhere

Default New Comment

thanks ghost, thank you very much. I follow your guide and win a game easily. very powerful guide it is? I give you 10/10 for this guide.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #16
GhostofGuns

Default Re: New Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamneD
Newbie, aren't you? BFury DOESN'T give cleave on RANGED heroes...
Lol, wasn't speaking of/about Bfury. Was Radiance instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userhere
thanks ghost, thank you very much. I follow your guide and win a game easily. very powerful guide it is? I give you 10/10 for this guide.
Actually, I should be the one thanking you. Well, thanks for reading the guide, thanks for the compliment. I hope you get to play well with Rhasta as times goes by.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
the_rock_rjc

Default New Comment

Aghanim should now be 2nd core after Eul's, because the splash damage is ridiculous whether in a gank or team fight.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:40 AM   #18
Shadow_Bloodz

Default New Comment

Can i buy dagon on rhusta even?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #19
GhostofGuns

Default New Comment

Probably, but with your disables, the enemy would be dead before you can even touch Dagon.

I'm planning to take down Guinsoo's and replace it with either Aghanim's or Refresher Orb since both of them look quite good. Suggestions?
Last edited by GhostofGuns; 02-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #20
stark87

Default New Comment

man u play with comps and have FB at level 6? i know it's for demonstrating purposes but still....
Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #21
rashin-sama

Default New Comment

Honestly. Against Riki Ghost Scepter is amazing. Or any Invis Melee hero.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #22
fhixia78

Default New Comment

In my opinion the build is straightforward, you rather picked to boost his disables at the cost of survival and initiation. I think blink dagger would fill that gap.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
em0kid_l0yd

Default New Comment

is rhasta and krobelus mismatch on a single match.?
Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #24
Fuckster
Banned

Default Re: Rhasta, the Shadow Shaman

^I don't get why you would pit them up against each other 1on1 in the first place.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #25
mrdo9n

Default New Comment

core items are too expensive to work up. u should add in some bracers for survivability and then sell later. considering that rhasta is the first target, you will lose too much money working on those expensive items
Old 09-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #26
NoobHacker

Default New Comment

why don't go for 6x linken on fun item build?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
megamak

Default New Comment

Actually, regarding the common build, in levels 8 and 9 it's both more time efficient (regarding disabling time gained) and mana efficient to skill Voodoo instead of Shackles, plus the fact that you get an extra disable.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #28
gunned50

Default New Comment

what a nobb
Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #29
JiggleFloyd

Default New Comment

There are two viable core builds, one for pushing and one for support/ganking. Pushing = Boots, Aghs, Refresher. Support/Ganking = Boots, Eul's, Necronomicon (Guinsoo is Luxury)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
xenoslug

Default New Comment

thank you very gooood guide
Old 01-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #31
thepan

Default New Comment

the radiance is nt bad
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #32
Cabulb

Default New Comment

Decent guide, but extremely painful to read since your grammar is just awful.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #33
PhoenixWright7

Default New Comment

after u successfully ward trap i suggest u ether shick first so that by the time shackles and voodoo are done (give that the person is still alive) ether shock should be just about done and u can hit the 600instant magical dmg, which combined with wards hurt
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #34
welivetoparty

Default New Comment

the nearer rhasta is to the target the higher the chance of ward trap. am I right?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #35
ploikum

Default New Comment

Nice guide. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #36
nhoobz025

Default New Comment

My favorite hero(because of its IMBA ulti at 6.59x w/c ward cooldown is60 secs!!!),but now, i cant use him better anymore!!!!why?what ive done!?!?!?
my build Phase Boots Aghanims Dagger Euls Linken OMFG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #37
deficit.mozga

Default New Comment

^ the problem is 1. you suck 2. you suck 3. you're trolling
Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #38
chidorikil

Default New Comment

Actually, what I do is get 1 level of each disable, max ether shock, then alternate between the two disables since they're both good disablers anyway. My combo with him is Voodoo --> ether shock + ulti--> shackles, if he escapes then another ether shock
Old 07-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #39
stalker86

Default New Comment

why is phase rejected??? it goes well with him
Old 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #40
Kohio

Default New Comment

WTF??? ARE you joking us?
rlly? the competitive build is really competitive. and starting item build? are you a noob?
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy Published Guides