Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
R.B.Economy
Member
 
R.B.Economy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 3,775
Blog Entries: 18
Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 
R.B.Economy is offline

Default Rizzrak's Build


Rizzrak seems to be a support that's played like other STR-casters/gankers. With 3 low cd, low cost nukes, his peak lies in early-mid game (level 7-16) and then the nukes lose effectiveness later on, with only Chakram having a decent late-game compared to all his skills. Definitely doesn't look like a tank to me with 0 base armor, low AGI and average STR.

Reactive Armor looks like a filler skill to me, but otherwise a handy passive in nullifying the aggro he gets due to his gank-heavy gameplay, but doesn't really make him a tank in a way Axe does. 1 level early should be enough. Whirling Death's attribute-effect comes with 1 level, while Timber Chain's long range, low cd, looks like a must to max early. Ulti, like most others, good enough to not be skipped.

Ganker Skillbuild:
Reactive Armor
Whirling Death
Timber Chain
Timber Chain
Timber Chain
Chakram
Timber Chain
Whirling Death
Whirling Death
Whirling Death
Chakram
Max Reactive Armor
Chakram & Stats

Core Items
Ring of Basillus
Looks like a must if nobody else gets it, since it gives 3 armor to his 0 base armor, as well as mana regen for his spells.

Bottle
Comes to mind, gank-wise. Timber Chain somehow allows him to compete for it by 'blinking' him to the nearest tree of rune spots. Quick regen complements with his quick cd spells for rinse and repeat ganking.

Boots
Arcane Boots for me. Tranquil seems like a good choice with the armor, but RoB is good enough with support from Reactive Armor. With 500-ish mana, he can perma-gank.

Urn of Shadows
It's what allows him to perma-gank, coupled with Arcane, Bottle and Reactive Armor. Being STR also allows him to benefit from the damage bonus, although not really a big deal. Also works as extra dps.

Luxury Items
Rod of Atos
Seems really good for him with both mana and HP boosts. The slow works exceptionally well with Chakram. One of the cheapest luxuries around.

Shiva's Guard
More armor, more mana, and an extra slow + nuke.

GSoV
A luxury for every caster hero I suppose. Hex + Chakram is a good combo too.

BoT
Upgrade from Arcane once you have enough mana to go around. Invaluable for instant participation in battles/ganks.

Necronomicon
Easy build-up, great as extra luxury since Rizzrak can't attack when using Chakram and the minions can pound on the slowed enemy.

Doubtful Items
Radiance
Works great with Rizzrak's chasing and anti-juking ability right? If you can farm it by 15 minutes with Rizzrak, by all means do so. Ha!

Damage Items
No-no. Rizzrak doesn't deal damage by attacking, don't waste it. He will use his ulti a lot, that means he cannot attack that often.

Pure Defensive Items
A 4 second cd pseudo-blink is an imba escape skill if you ask me. And Rizzrak needs more useful active items than defensive ones, mainly due to his inability to attack during Chakram. He's better played by providing as much support while alive than staying alive for as long as possible. Hex, Shiva, Atos, all provide great active spells to support his team.

When to play Rizzrak:
Ganking strat.

When not to play Rizzrak:
Enemies have a lot of high HP heroes. (High armor/magic resistance has no effect on Rizzrak since he deals Pure damage, but high HP does)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Kris
Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA, CT/MA
Posts: 14,565
Blog Entries: 8
Kris is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

RoB --> AB --> VG --> BS --> Shiva
__________________

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
fgiveme
Member
 
fgiveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 815
fgiveme is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

When not to play Rizzrak:
When your team have no stun to keep the enemies in place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

RoB AB VG

I like Blademail/Shivas as later option. Necrobook looks decent. I have tried Rod as replacement for Vanguard. I disliked how I do not have HP regen though.

Skill wise, I want Timber at level 1 for escaping. I don't really like the passive. I just skill it at 10 12 13 14.

I have not yet successfully solo mid with him though. He gets outlaned so easily, and it's hard to be offensive without any trees to hook to at mid. I find Bottle useless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
SirIsaacNewton
Member
 
SirIsaacNewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,673
SirIsaacNewton is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

He consumes a lot of mana and does not have the best int gain so maybe the new buff bloodstone might be decent.

From the looks of it, he doesn't seem to be a dps hero as his ult disables his attack so dps items are not recommended.

Arcane, blood stone, armor items like blademail, AC, shivas. He might be a good radiance carry since it has good synergy with his passive.
arcane, rob, vang, radi, shivas build might work, haven't tried it. He has a bit of mana issues even with arcane, so i perfer a fast bloodstone.

Of all the new heroes, he is probably the only balance one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
badmafa
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,500
badmafa is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post

Of all the new heroes, he is probably the only balance one.
I had a good laugh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,661
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
RoB --> AB --> VG --> BS --> Shiva
Why Bloodstone?
Currently I'm in a set mind of "if you don't need the charges, Soul Booster is enough", so any particular reason?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
feral_nature
Member
 
feral_nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,457
feral_nature is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

core: ab, urn, vanguard
extension: bs - although you have some mana regen from ab+urn shredder eats tons of mana if you dont want to return to base ever, so bs fits best as an extension to his core imo.
luxury: radi - just to give reason people to attack you since you`ll be quite fat with your passive and all the health items obtained previously. necro book also would work decently i guess considering the slow of chakram, but i would get it only against invisible heroes instead of radi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by feral_nature View Post
core: ab, urn, vanguard
extension: bs - although you have some mana regen from ab+urn shredder eats tons of mana if you dont want to return to base ever, so bs fits best as an extension to his core imo.
luxury: radi - just to give reason people to attack you since you`ll be quite fat with your passive and all the health items obtained previously. necro book also would work decently i guess considering the slow of chakram, but i would get it only against invisible heroes instead of radi.
I agree with necrobook being useful... Yet there is no way that Rizzak can farm up a radi and still be efective.
Why you need to force them to attack you?
With WD lowering their stats and your ulti dealing a ton of dps they will attack you ASAP to stop your ulti.

The best build for him is:
RoB
Arcane
Perseverance
Point Booster
Vitality Booster
*Disarm Arcane*
Bloodstone
Travels/Phase
Blademail or Rod of Atos
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
Kris
Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA, CT/MA
Posts: 14,565
Blog Entries: 8
Kris is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaCrescent View Post


Why Bloodstone?
Currently I'm in a set mind of "if you don't need the charges, Soul Booster is enough", so any particular reason?
Because if you are playing him right you are going to need it sustain yourself in fights and he isn't the kind of hero who rices a lane but instead clears it quickly then goes to support a push.

Bloodstone is also ridiculously good for any heroes who make decent use of it since the charges and death timer bonus buffs. At purchase it already decreases your respawn time by 24s, see a few kills with it and you're looking at reducing it by a massive amount.

Also shredder is a hero who goes in a draws a lot of focus while doing a lot of DPS which makes the bloodpact part very useful as well.
__________________

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
.nom
Member
 
.nom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 685
.nom is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Pms arcane (bottlecrow/stick) bloodstone/linkens shiva/hex... Overall caster build.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

@Kris I still haven't read your advice in boots, any comment about Rizzrak mobility?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
@Kris I still haven't read your advice in boots, any comment about Rizzrak mobility?
Arcane obviously.

2009 just posted a video on Shredder. He advises Blink. I haven't really seen the video yet though. Will watch later.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
Arcane obviously.

2009 just posted a video on Shredder. He advises Blink. I haven't really seen the video yet though. Will watch later.
You disamble arcane later to make bloodstone, why in the name of chuck norris woul you get Arcane when you already have a bloodstone.. is like really overkill.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
PNutz
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,405
PNutz is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
You disamble arcane later to make bloodstone, why in the name of chuck norris woul you get Arcane when you already have a bloodstone.. is like really overkill.
Maybe you need to read before posting crap like this, Rizzrak first item is Arcane Boots. The boots get transformed into bloodstone at a later stage. After which you will likely upgrade to boots to travels...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
You disamble arcane later to make bloodstone, why in the name of chuck norris woul you get Arcane when you already have a bloodstone.. is like really overkill.
Oh thought you were asking what early Boots. Last time I played, I went for Travels after I got Bloodstone. Naked boots should be fine then, since you have enough Mana to play Spiderman.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
badmafa
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,500
badmafa is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
You disamble arcane later to make bloodstone, why in the name of chuck norris woul you get Arcane when you already have a bloodstone.. is like really overkill.
Does your brain work? I'm serious. Have you ever actually disassembled your Arcane Boots to make Bloodstone in a game? What did you do with your Boots after? You fucking see what the game requires of you. It's not rocket science.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmafa View Post
Does your brain work? I'm serious. Have you ever actually disassembled your Arcane Boots to make Bloodstone in a game? What did you do with your Boots after? You fucking see what the game requires of you. It's not rocket science.
I don't have idea why you are so angry but if you look up... there is a post were I suggest either Travels or Phase.
I just disscusing it with other guy
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
kawumm
Member
 
kawumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Back in good ole Germany
Posts: 5,590
Guide Writing Award 
kawumm is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

^selling arcane is not always the way to go, allies might still benefit from it. earlier in the game, arcane is crucial. i really dont see much of a point in getting phase after disassembling, might as well keep AB then..

i personally usually get stout 3x branch AB wand bloodstone. he gets nuts afterwards. extend with anything you feel appropriate, usually platemail and mb cloak/pipe. blink seems fine too, only done it once so far though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgone View Post
I'm telling you, blink+shrapnel works and it has no channeling time unlike epicenter so sniper is a better initiator than SK.
/thread
epic

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Ay just watched 2009's video. He lost both games (Mainly due to poor play by allies + leavers. He was doing quite well both games). Here are his thoughts.

He likes to max Whirling first. If solo mid, he prefers 1-2 levels of Passive, before maxing Timber. Reason is that there are no good trees to hook on to at mid, so there isn't a need to get Timber so early. Passive also helps you be sturdier in the lane. I say that makes sense, because Whirling is his only form on lane presence. I probably adopt this skill build if I go solo mid.

If lanes, I think he skips passive. However, he still maxes Whirling first. I do not really agree with this skill build for sidelanes though. I think Timber should be maxed first.

Items wise, both games he went AB Bottle Blink. He feels that Blink is necessary for Shredder. He likes to Blink Whirling and Timber out. Then throw Chakram. He ended the first game with only Jango as further extension. For the second game, 2 of his teammates left. He had to carry, so he went for Radiance after AB Bottle Blink. He extended into Heart AC Talisman, before selling Blink for Hex.

Both games he felt that he had mana issues. AB did not give him enough regen to satisfy him. He was considering getting Force or Eul, but decided against it. He mentioned Necrobook quite a few times, and that he was interested in trying it.

I personally feel that his understanding on Shredder isn't that good yet. He should start experimenting with Bloodstone, because it solves Shredder's regen issues. His Blink rush is okay, because he relies on it for his ganks mid game. However, he does not use Timber too often. I think he neglects that skill too much.

My personal item build is: AB Urn Wand Stout TP (Jango) -> Bloodstone -> Shivas. Previous game I played, I did not get Jango. I went for Plainwalker -> Hood -> BS instead because of a fat Tormented Soul. I don't think I'll use Blink, because it does not fit my Shredder playstyle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #21
JaCKaSS_69
Member
 
JaCKaSS_69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Steam: YourLifeIsNoLongerBeautiful
Posts: 6,436
JaCKaSS_69 is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Link to 2009's videos plox!
__________________
98% of people have no idea of mechanics, if you are one of the 2% nerds put this in your sig

That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
feral_nature
Member
 
feral_nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,457
feral_nature is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
He likes to Blink Whirling and Timber out. Then throw Chakram.
omg wtf is this...

use chakram first so you can clear trees of the path to enemy and then timber to a tree behind him... if he is near you use whirling if not chase a bit use chakram again to catch up or even timber if there are trees in the path enemy is runing and use whirling.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
iMorgen
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5
iMorgen is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

I get why you all say max whirling and timber, I did that too in start. But the truth is, that you dont have enough mana to use the spells efficiently before you have arcane. Well, not to sound like I am any better than any1, but i would like to share my thought on him.

I get stout and tango for start, sometimes queling. I rush for AB. I found BS really useful, Shivas too.

Timber-> Armor -> Whirl -> Armor -> Armor -> Chakram -> Whirl -> Armor -> Whirl. and max timber whenever possible.

With this build you have insane laning phase because of your hp reg. Just draw aggro from creeps and get that imba heal and armor. I max whirl over timber because its better for lasthitting (if you are having trouble with that) without bringing yourself in a bad situation. Besides that you can deal almost the same amount of dmg without timber if you just use your chakram well. Use, recall, use recall = dead.

With lvl 4 armor he is almost unkillable in the early phase. Abuse this when you have your arcane boots and go dive towers. You'll have BS in no time.

My best advice: Whenever you are in range use your Chakram to harrass. And remember to draw that aggro from creeps. 16hp/sec <3
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #24
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by feral_nature View Post
omg wtf is this...

use chakram first so you can clear trees of the path to enemy and then timber to a tree behind him... if he is near you use whirling if not chase a bit use chakram again to catch up or even timber if there are trees in the path enemy is runing and use whirling.
Because there isn't always a useful tree for you to hook to, so he feels it's necessary to get blink. Personally one of the main reason I feel is that he is not used to timbering around. He seems to 'forget' to use timber. He mainly likes shredder as a tank to absorb everything. While he has a pseudo blink already, let's not forget that dagger is still a pretty good and useful gank item
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #25
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
Because there isn't always a useful tree for you to hook to, so he feels it's necessary to get blink. Personally one of the main reason I feel is that he is not used to timbering around. He seems to 'forget' to use timber. He mainly likes shredder as a tank to absorb everything. While he has a pseudo blink already, let's not forget that dagger is still a pretty good and useful gank item
Yes i is, but that is not the way of initiating a gank with Rizzrak, he always initiates with Chakram not just to clear trees but also to stop the enemy heroes in their track.
Rizzrak is mean to initiate with Chakram between trees and open a path for him to enter in the lane.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #26
Lycan
Administrator
 
Lycan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Netherlands
Steam: Princelycan
Posts: 14,727
Blog Entries: 10
Lycan is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

RoB wand OoV Orchid imho. Ab or treads
__________________


Death is the only true winner of war
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #27
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
Yes i is, but that is not the way of initiating a gank with Rizzrak, he always initiates with Chakram not just to clear trees but also to stop the enemy heroes in their track.
Rizzrak is mean to initiate with Chakram between trees and open a path for him to enter in the lane.
He usually blinks in then whirling and chakram. Realistically, there isn't always a good tree to hook to. I think he likes blinking in to draw all the aggression. He mentioned that he dislikes it if he is unable to land good whirling because he can't reach them.

He also did several coordinated ganks that allowed him to save mana without using chakram.

I won't say his playstyle is the optimal way to play shredder. I feel blink is useful on shredder, but just not my style.

@lycan

Why orchid. It's a waste of dps, and if you need mana regen bloodstone is just superior. Similar ease of buildup too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #28
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
He usually blinks in then whirling and chakram. Realistically, there isn't always a good tree to hook to. I think he likes blinking in to draw all the aggression. He mentioned that he dislikes it if he is unable to land good whirling because he can't reach them.

He also did several coordinated ganks that allowed him to save mana without using chakram.

I won't say his playstyle is the optimal way to play shredder. I feel blink is useful on shredder, but just not my style.

@lycan

Why orchid. It's a waste of dps, and if you need mana regen bloodstone is just superior. Similar ease of buildup too.
Who says that you always need a tree to initiate?
His skills have pretty low CD that means that you can use Chakram for a long range to delay pushes and low the enemy HP in a sustained way until Chakram slow becomes big enough to let Rizzarak initiate properly.

Just for you to know Rizzrak main damage source is not whirling but Chakram.
You are wasting you ultimate range if you blink and then shot it from melee range... Just no..

Also Realistically I can't remember a point in the map while there are no trees to hook your Timber Chain in order to gank a farming hero. If there is not a gap between the trees, then you make it!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #29
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
Who says that you always need a tree to initiate?
His skills have pretty low CD that means that you can use Chakram for a long range to delay pushes and low the enemy HP in a sustained way until Chakram slow becomes big enough to let Rizzarak initiate properly.

Just for you to know Rizzrak main damage source is not whirling but Chakram.
You are wasting you ultimate range if you blink and then shot it from melee range... Just no..

Also Realistically I can't remember a point in the map while there are no trees to hook your Timber Chain in order to gank a farming hero. If there is not a gap between the trees, then you make it!
The slow is negligible until HP is low. Obviously when defending pushes you should use Chakram to delay/clear creep wave.

The river lacks trees. For farming hero, you speak as though you would 100% hit a Timber on the hero, end up right beside the hero or close enough to do a Whirling etc. It's as though Chakram slows a full HP mid game enough for you to use your skills to kill. Chakram is generally lousy to initiate a gank with, because the slow is terrible at first. You would want to lower their HP, before using Chakram.

When defending high ground, or pushing high ground, if you rely on Timber to close the gap you probably have to latch on to an awkward tree.

Again I'm not saying Blink is the only proper way to play Shredder. It has its uses, and is generally more reliable than Timber for initiating. I personally do not use Blink, because I do not like to initiate with Timber.

@jackass_69

Here is the link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM4NjczNTU2.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #30
GodReaper
Member
 
GodReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,152
GodReaper is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Rizzrak reminds me of Doom without the carrying capability.

Early game he's a fast moving ganker that does not like taking damage.

Late game he turns into a tank that soaks up damage for the team.

I'd say the major difference is that Doom turns into a semi-carry late game based on damage and tanking... and Rizzrak turns into a mana-regen based tank.

Kind of a mix between Doom and Phoenix and Storm Spirit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #31
Clear
Member
 
Clear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: -clear
Posts: 5,356
Blog Entries: 1
Clear is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Build him a Dagon and you can solo kill anyone who doesn't have an escape mech, given that you're not underleveled.
__________________

When she's a jail bait, it's better to masturbate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #32
Frost
Member
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,616
Frost is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Dagon? If you get it early, then mana problems. If you get it late, then it's no longer as effective.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #33
Vot1_Bear
Member
 
Vot1_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indonesia. Yes, Indonesia.
Posts: 4,180
Blog Entries: 2
Suggestion Award 
Vot1_Bear is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

I find RoB+Arcane+BS quite effective.
Yes, both arcane and BS.

The capability to clear an entire wave within 2s with your combo is pretty decent. Farming up the rest isn't a problem.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie. View Post
I build Satanic on Lucifer and I feel like a God.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
sieungau96
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
sieungau96 is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

who is 2009 anyway ???

RoB + Null + magic stick -> arcane -> BS + Dagon
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #35
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieungau96 View Post
who is 2009 anyway ???

RoB + Null + magic stick -> arcane -> BS + Dagon
2009 was the former captain and solo mid of Lgd, a professional Chinese dota team. He used to be one of the strongest mid around. He has retired, and is currently coach of another team. Sometimes he makes tutorial videos on certain heroes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #36
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
The slow is negligible until HP is low. Obviously when defending pushes you should use Chakram to delay/clear creep wave.

The river lacks trees. For farming hero, you speak as though you would 100% hit a Timber on the hero, end up right beside the hero or close enough to do a Whirling etc. It's as though Chakram slows a full HP mid game enough for you to use your skills to kill. Chakram is generally lousy to initiate a gank with, because the slow is terrible at first. You would want to lower their HP, before using Chakram.

When defending high ground, or pushing high ground, if you rely on Timber to close the gap you probably have to latch on to an awkward tree.

Again I'm not saying Blink is the only proper way to play Shredder. It has its uses, and is generally more reliable than Timber for initiating. I personally do not use Blink, because I do not like to initiate with Timber.

@jackass_69

Here is the link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM4NjczNTU2.html
Yeah because all ganks take plase in the river *rolleyes*
And you miss the point I say before that Chakram is the main damage source of Rizzrak, I don't know why you keep with "Blink in a cast Whirling, then Chakram" has the slow from Chakram is noticeable from the 75% of the enemy heal.... Also I don't know why you are playing him has a hardcore ganker Rizzrak is a hero that needs to farm up bloodstone and therefore he can't waste time in early ganks unless they are 2vs1 or 3vs1.
You initiate with Dagger and then use Chakram + Whirling? In most situations it will be not enough and the enemy can still run from Chakram AoE.
Most of the time Shredder rely on a ally hero to do the initiation and then come in action.

Well you say it yourself, if you don't like it why you get Blink then?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

I'm just sharing 2009's opinions? Most of you guys do not understand mandarin, so I'm interpreting for you guys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
Royal_Naga
Member
 
Royal_Naga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,849
Royal_Naga is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucK- View Post
I'm just sharing 2009's opinions? Most of you guys do not understand mandarin, so I'm interpreting for you guys.
2009 Can be a good player indeed, yet you can't defend someone else opinions if you don't understand the reasoning behind these opinions.
Maybe the idea that you wanted to share is valid, but the way in that you expose it is not convincing.
Maybe if you try a different approach you will make eat my own words
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #39
Frost
Member
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,616
Frost is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

I don't understand blink on him really. He doesn't have a reliable slow, a reliable stun, or a gamebreaking initiation skill. So you blink in, cast whirling death, throw your ulti, and now what? They just run away from you or focus you down.

And the 2100 gold can really help you towards that much needed bloodstone and platemail/shivas or hood/pipe if your team is dying to nukes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
DucK-
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,550
DucK- is offline
Default Re: Rizzrak's Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Naga View Post
2009 Can be a good player indeed, yet you can't defend someone else opinions if you don't understand the reasoning behind these opinions.
Maybe the idea that you wanted to share is valid, but the way in that you expose it is not convincing.
Maybe if you try a different approach you will make eat my own words
I'm defending it because I find it perfectly fine to get blink because it suits his playstyle. 2009 plays him as an aggressive mid game ganker. He does not like using chakram for long periods of time, because his build does not support it. He prefers using whirling and normal right clicks before using chakram to finish/slow down a half hp hero. If you watch his video, you will notice how effective his ganks are with blink.

2009's overall playstyle as a solo mid player is to dominate his mid lane opponent, while ensuring his farm is one of the highest. He does this via constant flash farming, or/and with constant aggressive ganks against his enemies. He wants to be the one controlling the flow of the game. In his 2nd game, you can see how despite his team being behind due to 2 leavers, his farm is still the highest by his ganks.

You and I may feel that shredder is not a gank hero. Our playstyle is probably the standard tanky teamfight style shredder. 2009 plays him as a ganker, and his early blink suits his style perfectly. Blink is a great ganking item, and offers him something timber would give unreliably.

Without blink, you do not guarantee a whirling hit. You do not guarantee a timber hit. You will hit chakram, but it will be with negligible slow and you won't deal much dps with it.

With blink, you are guaranteed a whirling hit (with better chance of hitting a tree too). You have a better chance of hitting timber. Mid game, chakram probably does a good 20-30% slow at that point + more dps. Clearly with blink it makes him a stronger ganker, and suits his aggressive playstyle.

2009's builds cater towards pub playstyle. I'm pretty sure if shredder was competitive, he wouldn't go for a blink rush. In pubs, he gets it because he knows he can use it well. This is the 2009 that played spectre as a ganking solo mid. While ricing spectre is agreed to be the most appropriate way to play her, it does not suit him to be so reliant on allies controlling the flow of the game. Hence he recommended an item build to those who wished to adopt his playstyle.

Blink might not be the most appropriate or common way of playing shredder, but it suits 2009. That's why I won't dismiss it as an item not to get. It isn't as ridiculous as dagger on qop or diffusal on AM.

As I have mentioned before, I find it strange that he 'forgot' about Bloodstone. It seems to provide Shredder with all the regen he needs.
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by DucK-; 01-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Reply


Forum Jump

Thread Tools