OK, so the main
issue with Centaur is his inability to effectively tank unless he gets a radiance. In other words, Centaur's problem is his lack of getting people to concentrate on him (unless he is carrying, which has its own debates). After thinking over his skill set, I realized that remaking double edge (while keeping the name) might be the best way to solve the problem. So here's my suggestion.
(Incidentally, I did do a search and did not see any such suggestion before for Double Edge, but if there is one and I missed it, I apologize. The closest thing I could find was by kidnguyen1412 here
: Bradwarden causes his opponents to focus on him with the tribal powers endowed upon his axe. Target opponent's next targetted spell will be focused on Bradwarden instead in the next 3/4/5/6 sec. In response, Bradwarden deals 75/150/225/300 damage in return (no ministun).
Cooldown: 20 sec. (all levels).
Mana cost: 0
Casting range: 500
1. Allows him to get focused (if unintentionally) by opponents. For example, Lion's ult trying to finish off Troll Warlord instead is re-routed to Brad (who dutifully returns some damage of his own).
2. Could result in hilarious results (Omniknight trying to heal an ally instead heals Brad and gets 300 dmg. to the face on top of that).
3.Can still be called double-edge since Brad is risking himself for a hard-hitting skill but also does a "return to sender"
1. Not sure if this is codeable as I am not exactly tech-savvy.
2. Might be imba since it could effectively act as a silence.
3. Could change his gameplay so that he is not newb friendly.