Default [Str-Sent][Tank-Carry]Pallosious-The Son Of Nature

Son Of The Nature
Pallasious

__Strength___Agility__Intelligence_

_23 + 2.75__16 + 2.0__13 + 1.3_

MoveStopHold PositionAttack
PatrolAttribute BonusHero Abilities
Its Cyclone TimeDare To Kill??Nature's AidStand Or Die

Pallasious was born in a soldier family.He was left alone to live in the forest as his whole family was assaulted by scourge in a war.He lived alone in the dark forest and in time became one of the members of the forest.He can communicate nature at will and can call them to his aid.But his revenge rage has not yet reduced.So he has returned to help sentinel win against scourge.The revenge in his heart raises still such that his rage increases for every ally killed within his sight.

Its Cyclone TimeAbility Type: Active
Targeting Type: No target
Ability Hotkey : C

____________________Pallasious's affinity to the nature allows him to call the air to aid him.The air cyclone has 500 AOE and it damages and reduces the attack speed of any unit enters it.

______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
19030500500520 DPS,-10%attack speed reduction
210025500500530 DPS,-15%attack speed reduction
311020500500540 DPS,-20%attack speed reduction
412015500500550 DPS,-25%attack speed reduction

Notes:
Dare To Kill??Ability Type: Passive
Ability Hotkey : D

____________________The Pallasious has a great care for saving his own allies.Any ally killed within his vision range(1800/800) makes him grow in rage thus incresing his damage output.Adds +5 damage for each creep killed,+15 damage for each hero killed.

1----30Stacks for 30 seconds
2----45Stacks for 45 seconds
3----60Stacks for 60 seconds
4----75Stacks for 75 seconds

Notes:The skills works for summoned units also.
Nature's AidAbility Type: Passive
Ability Hotkey : T

____________________The son of nature has never failed the nature. And so is the nature.All the natural elements around him provide extra abilities.Water gives him speed,land protects him with tough armour,and tree gives him ability to attack swiftly.

1------+2 Armour and +2 hp regen in land,+7% movement speed in water,+10% attack speed near tree.
2-----+4 Armour and +3 hp regen in land,+10% movement speed in water,+17% attack speed near tree.
3-----+6 Armour and +4 hp regen in land,+13% movement speed in water,+24% attack speed near tree.
4-----+8 Armour and +5hp regen in land,+16% movement speed in water,+31% attack speed near tree.

Notes:
  • The tree search AOE is 300.If the hero stands in land that is near to tree then he has third aura only.Similarly if he stands near tree in water he gets second aura only.But the old buff remains with current buff for 3 seconds before it is removed.

Stand Or DieAbility Type: Active
Ability Hotkey : S

____________________Th Pallasious focuses nature's fury on an enemy hero for some duration.The hero is damaged and also affected by the elementals.

1200150600-6150 damage,land reduces armour by 3,water slows by 20%,tree stuns for 1 second.
2250120600-8250 damage,land reduces armour by 5,water slows by 30%,tree stuns for 2 seconds.
330090600-10350 damage,land reduces armour by 7,water slows by 40%,tree stuns for 3 seconds.

Notes:
  • The tree search AOE is 300.The tree falls after stunning.If it goes near a tree the armour buff is removed and the unit stuns.The stun cd is (3,4,5) per level.So the unit can be stunned at a max of two times within the spell duration.
  • Similarly if the unit enters water the armour buff is removed and it is slowed.If it goes near tree in water,the slow buff is removed and it gets stunned.
Last edited by Arunkarthick; 07-09-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Skill Edits.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Avenar

Default Re: [STR-SENT]PALLOSIOUS-THE SON OF NATURE

Really like the hero especially the 3rd and 4th skill. Great ideas.

Question about 2nd skill: do allied summoned units' death also increase damage? Would be great with Furion and/or Brood.
I would buff the +5 for hero death to +15 damage.

I think the 1st skill is rather weak. Both damage and -IAS. Maybe a little more aoe and movement speed slow instead of -IAS would help.
Also the low cd of the spell and the very low intelligence of the hero suggests that he will need a soulring which is synergitic with the 3rd skill's passive heal.

Try to edit the notes under 3rd and 4th skill, because it is hard to read.

Overall: t-up
Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Arunkarthick

Thank you Avenar for your review.I have changed the AOE for 1st skill as it seemed weak.But in the 2nd skill i think increasing the damage for hero death because it will make him deal lots of damage which will cause imbalance i think.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
Storm_hih

that is a great hero idea all the skills is good, very good one t-up

please see my hero idea http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686794
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
softeas

this hero can be killed easilly with 2 nukes and 1 disable.

i like your concept very original.
First skill its like CM frost nova but AS not MS
its like yurnero bladefury but upgraded version.
Second Skill Very Original
its quite good but its not effective in the gaming situation.
Third Skill i like this quite effective in escaping situations
and the last skill its quite weak in clash or 10% life situations
When this hero used his last skill, after that he can be killed easilly.

i just like only the third skill haha its quite effective...

more escape skills more fun )

My Suggestion :
Lycanthrope's Shapeshift ICON
.... Hero Collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLamer View Post
[+] Imo it looks great. IceFrog already said that we shouldnt care about mapsize.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Arunkarthick

Quote:
Originally Posted by softeas View Post
this hero can be killed easilly with 2 nukes and 1 disable.

i like your concept very original.
First skill its like CM frost nova but AS not MS
its like yurnero bladefury but upgraded version.
Second Skill Very Original
its quite good but its not effective in the gaming situation.
Third Skill i like this quite effective in escaping situations
and the last skill its quite weak in clash or 10% life situations
When this hero used his last skill, after that he can be killed easilly.

i just like only the third skill haha its quite effective...

more escape skills more fun )
I think u have mistaken the ulti.Bcoz its the enemy hero that takes damage and affected by the elementals.And about the first skill,of course every spell has to do damage.The 1st spell is like that only.And it also reduces the att speed thus making him tank well and also it is very helpful teamfights by reducing the att speed of carries.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
deathkidkun

Default Re: [Str-Sent][Tank-Carry]Pallosious-The Son Of Na

@Avenar, the first skill ain't that weak, it's pretty useful against enemy carries who relies mostly on attack speed and halving it will allow you to outmatch them, plus the DPS which slows their HP regen.

Now about the hero, it's a pretty cool concept to be honest, environment base, pretty cool.

Now about the skills, well like I said, 1st skill may seem not that useful, but it's a counter carry allowing you to outmatch most agility carries that rely on attack speed, pretty good synergy with the carry nature.

2nd skill seems pretty, umm...so-so I guess. I can't say much, because it all depends on the situation of things, but I think it really is OP especially for early games. (Does the duration of the attack damage stack by the way?)

3rd skill is what brings the uniqueness of this hero, the environment adaptability, pretty cool concept but I'm not so confident with the numbers though, maybe it's just me.

Ultimate, same as the 3rd skill except the effect applies to the hero. But the tree thing is pretty OP for me, I mean, if the tree search is 300 AOE, then the target would be permastunned just standing by the forests, cause 300 AOE is pretty big. Maybe stun isn't such a good idea, what about silence? Just my 2 cents.

Anyways, overall, pretty good concept, OK skills with good stats. Just a little tweaking about and it should be fine.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
NinoDoko

Location: At home, which would be in the distant lands of Macedonia

'Kay, so. This hero sounds... interesting, but is quite underwhelming. It feels as if though it can work but imo, you need to work on it some more.

Things I don't like :
  • Hero model. By default, I am less keen on a hero that uses custom models, it means that the creator just looked around for a custom model instead of trying to create something with what is already there. The same theme and the same spells even can be used for several models that are already in wc3. Custom models can be good if they really really fit the theme. This one doesn't really fit the theme - it's a blood elf knight. I'd rather use some of the neutral unit models (maybe a gnoll or a centaur or something) or even some of the night elf models.
  • His balance. I'll put what I think is an issue in special points.
  • The first skill is similar to CM's nova, only you have to stand near the enemies at all time, the damage is done over a period of time, and the slow is smaller. I'd either add another effect (taking less damage, possibly) or straight out increase the stats.
  • Then his second skill is potentially a very powerful one but if you actually think about it, it really isn't. To make it worthwhile, it would have to give around 30ish damage, and for that to happen you need to have killed, or been near dying creeps, for around a minute at level 4. So this would only work nicely in pushes with allies that have summons. Very situational, and not powerful enough. Either increase the damage or add some other bonuses.
  • I guess this could work, but I'd increase the tree search range. The water bonuses are meh, since people could simply avoid you when you're fighting on water. What I'd do is add a period of time during which the bonuses you gained from being near trees or water still stay on you after you've moved out.
  • Ult is okay I guess, but also situational. A small buff could work.

What I like :
  • The synergy. If you buff his first 2 skills, he will be a very powerful tank. You either focus him and lose dps because of his armor, or you don't and he damages you a lot while slowing you.
  • Item choices. He can be built as an initiator, as a tank, as a dps, heck you can go shiva-veil on him.
  • Hero synergy. There's a lot of heroes that could go well with this guy in a team. I'm not gonna name them because I'm too lazy but... yea.

So all in all, a bit of reworking on the numbers could help a lot. And while I'm not a fan of spells which only work near trees or on water or stuff, this hero is good enough to pass.

The only thing which I really disagree with is the model. Seriously, change it.

lanaya userbar supplied by LostFlip

Need something reviewed? Have no fear, Nino is here! Just pm me / write a visitor message / anything.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Arunkarthick

Thank You deathkidkun and NinoDokol for your reviews and suggestions for my hero.Your suggestions are really good and valuable for making sufficient changes.But when coming to ulti,as deathkidkun has mentioned, it will not cause permastun because the cd for stun is more and i have designed such that the stun can be caused only twice during the spell duration.And as both of u suggested, i will make appropriate changes to the second skill to make it good for battles.And i will look for a better hero model to suite his theme.Again thank you for ur suggestions.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
ReaC

Background Story - Strange he didn't tried to get revenged for the soldier army who left him.

Statistics - Meh.

Skills :
Its Cyclone Time - Good skill, no comment for this.

Dare to Kill - Nice skill, though what is the damage cap???

Nature's Aid - Very nice skill, though I don't know if the water part is codeable.

Stand or Die - Like 3rd skill, situationable. Though it's still unique

Synergy - I don't quite get the synergy in here except for the 3rd and 4th skill. Can you explain it to me?

Overall, nice attacker/support hero. It's tough to create this kind of hero. Good job but I think you can improve this hero. Also, change the names to cool ones.

VENTUS, WILD ZEPHYR
RUN, HIT, THEN KILL!!!

OTHERS
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Arunkarthick

The synergies r....to tank u have to be in land and use first skill...bcoz in land as per third skill his armour increases and bcoz of first spell the AS of enemy hero decreases so he can tank in team fights by tanking.....in team fights he use his ulti to separate to kill the best of enemy hero.....in escaping he can be in water and also making cyclone decreases AS so he can escape......to gank/kill a running hero he uses 3rd skill in jungle bcoz most hero escape thru jungle...so he can cast ulti+increase AS of dis hero near tree+2nd skill gives him good damage....so he can KILL,TANK,FLEE....TANK IN LAND,FLEE IN WATER,KILL IN JUNGLE....
Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
ReaC

Ah, now I see. It uses the environment to battle. Nice versatile hero. All you need is to change the names.

VENTUS, WILD ZEPHYR
RUN, HIT, THEN KILL!!!

OTHERS
Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
Arunkarthick

Thank you Reac for ur review..i ll try nd make changes in the names to make dem look gud..
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Arunkarthick

I have made changes to model and skills
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Hero Ideas