Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Odin

Default Items for Ezalor?

I recently started playing Ezalor, and found that I greatly enjoy playing the support.

However, I'm unsure what items to get on him. So far, I've gone with a Null Talisman (occasionally two), Boots of Travel, then either going for a bit of armor or a hood, depending on the enemy team. After that, I'll start building toward Euls, Guinsoo's, or Orchids, depending on how quickly I'm amassing gold (although the game usually ends before I can finish any of those).

How can I refine this?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
Val

Guide Writing Award 
Default Re: Items for Ezalor?

A few things to keep in mind.

-Do not take away farm from your carry. Ezalor can easily farm waves and neuts, so it's tempting. Don't do it. I often leave illuminate at low levels for a good long time to encourage using it for some damage and faster pushing, but not for insta-gold.

-Mek. Get one. After BoT, it's the clearest item you should be getting. Ezalor is as pure as pure support gets. The point of travels is to save people and put them places they can farm easily better. Mek lets you do the first part better.

-Wards. Get all the wards that are needed. As a supporter that can easily make 200 gold, you should be buying sentry and observer wards, dust and gems as needed. You often get to such silly gold levels that you can even get consumeables for your allies.

-Do not take away farm from your carry.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
EternityPala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I recently started playing Ezalor, and found that I greatly enjoy playing the support.

However, I'm unsure what items to get on him. So far, I've gone with a Null Talisman (occasionally two), Boots of Travel, then either going for a bit of armor or a hood, depending on the enemy team. After that, I'll start building toward Euls, Guinsoo's, or Orchids, depending on how quickly I'm amassing gold (although the game usually ends before I can finish any of those).

How can I refine this?
Mekansm + Bracers + Wards.
You ain't some carry, so don't mass gold, and leave them to your carry.
However, if it's some bad pub, get BoT, and mass farm, since they're pretty much idiots, and i'd rather a competent Ezalor go uber bbq push, then let that stupid Troll get another Vanguard or battlefury.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
acf3passion

For pubs, I saw Skadi works well. It makes him beefy and mana, everything all around. And a nice chilling slow to boot.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 AM   #5
Anti-Xenophobe

I'd rather get Bracers over Nulls if your team isn't mana dependent. Ezalor usually has infinite mana by himself, and only a little less than infinite if he shares Chakra with a teammate.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
phas3r

in pubs, there's no such thing such as support or playing support and let your carry get the gold..... be underlevelled and have bracer and boot in your inventory will get flames from team mates and saying you are noob...
just farm your friggin guinsoo, forcestaff(combine with leak).. heck even skadi

yes, bracers instead of nulls. you have no mana issues and without bracers you are just walking food
Old 10-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
HappyCat

no it depends, ive seen and experienced too many times a retard ezalor illuminating all the creeps in a huge wave that could have contributed towards a carry's farm e.g. a spectre's 3800 relic
Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
kawumm

Guide Writing Award 

DO NOT STEAL FARM FROM PPL THAT CAN ACTUALLY USE THE MONEY. everything u need to know about ezas items.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy