Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
RCHLNKI

Default [Skill] Mystic Snake

Current:
Gorgon's Hero Page

Suggested:
 Mystic Snake_________ A mystic snake made of energy jumps from target to target dealing damage and stealing some energy. After it reaches its last target, it jumps back to Medusa to replenish it with mana. The snake deals more damage and steals more mana per jump. The snake's power is increased by 20% each jump and petrifies the last unwary victim.
  Ability Type: Active
  Targeting Type: Unit
  Ability Hotkey: C

Level 
Mana Cost

Cooldown

Casting Range

Area of Effect

Duration

Allowed Targets

Effects

1/2 seconds

Enemy Units

80 base damage, 20 base mana. Petrifies the last target making it invulnerable and slowing it afterwards. 3 jumps.

1.25/2 seconds

Enemy Units

120 base damage, 30 base mana. Petrifies the last target making it invulnerable and slowing it afterwards. 4 jumps.

1.5/2 seconds

Enemy Units

160 base damage, 40 base mana. Petrifies the last target making it invulnerable and slowing it afterwards. 5 jumps.

1.75/2 seconds

Enemy Units

200 base damage, 50 base mana. Petrifies the last target making it invulnerable and slowing it afterwards. 6 jumps.

Notes
  • Invulnerability Duration/Slow Duration
  • Slows 30% at all levels
  • The mystic snake moves at a speed of 633 until it is returning, at which point it moves at a speed of 833.

Subskill:
 Release Petrify_________ Releases the petrified unit.
  Ability Type: Active
  Targeting Type: Instant
  Ability Hotkey: R

Level 
Mana Cost

Cooldown

Casting Range

Area of Effect

Duration

Allowed Targets

Effects

.75 seconds

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Removes the petrified target's invulnerability. Slow is still applied.

.5 seconds

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

.25 seconds

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

0 seconds

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Notes
  • Cooldown is applied after the unit becomes invulnerable
  • Can be auto-casted. When auto-casted, the Release petrify is immediately activated after the cooldown.

Change Log:
Brought back mana steal
Last edited by RCHLNKI; 04-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Lord_Talron

Default Re: [Skill] Mystic Snake

wow, this is really nice. not only does it add some early game dps but it also makes this skill a reliable disable when you are going against one hero.

i really really really like it and i dare say this one change might have improved gorgon more than my entire hero overhaul.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Megas

The Mana Steal has a simple synergy with Mana Shield. Take the Pure Damage, and give it back the mana steal.

View my Suggestions!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Subotai

This reduce her ability to harass with mystic snake, and the disable is highly unreliable.

Overall, it adds complications to a skill which is really fine. Also she doesn't need anymore way to disable, that's against her unique way to dish out dps to the whole enemy team.

Some might like it, I don't.

Willy, The little wendigoHampti Shell, The Chaos Turtler
Lord VoldemortLuck, the Sky Guardian
Old 03-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
sweepberry

Steam: i.think.so.

I wonder if the Petrified Release skill will be applicable with units affected by Stone Gaze?
If Both skills are used and also same "petrified state".
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
YoTengoUnLCD

This remake still has the same problems as current Mystic snake, it is too slow to hit a hero if you cast it on creeps or you hit a hero but not creeps.
Increasing the speed/search range for this to be possible would be OP, a complete remake, as something completely different than current, would be more viable.

tl;dr:
T-D:doesn't fix the current problems of the skill.
Or clone me, raise the clone as your child for a few decades, and then have the clone be your meepo player at least until he undergoes an existential crisis and engages in brave and brazen yet petty heroics in an attempt to differentiate himself from the real clan_iraq and make a legacy of his own so he doesn't live in my shadow, at which point you as his father are forced to make the tragic decision to put him down with his cerebral remote explosive implant so that the bloodshed comes to an end, and emotionally shattered by your choice you turn to drink and become a broken man living out of bars and with a syringe always in your veins until a pretty redhead comes into your life and
where was i
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
RCHLNKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas View Post
The Mana Steal has a simple synergy with Mana Shield. Take the Pure Damage, and give it back the mana steal.
The pure damage has simple synergy with split shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subotai View Post
This reduce her ability to harass with mystic snake, and the disable is highly unreliable.

Overall, it adds complications to a skill which is really fine. Also she doesn't need anymore way to disable, that's against her unique way to dish out dps to the whole enemy team.

Some might like it, I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTengoUnLCD View Post
This remake still has the same problems as current Mystic snake, it is too slow to hit a hero if you cast it on creeps or you hit a hero but not creeps.
Increasing the speed/search range for this to be possible would be OP, a complete remake, as something completely different than current, would be more viable.

tl;dr:
T-D:doesn't fix the current problems of the skill.
If you actually look at the skill, it synergizes with splitshot and shall give a decent damage early on at still progress with attack speed in the late game. The disable is reliable in the sense that if you don't want to be petrified, you have to move with a creep which will still allow her to last hit, it you move out, you will miss some of the creep kills and denies. The skills provides her with laning power and a semi-ganking tool as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepberry View Post
I wonder if the Petrified Release skill will be applicable with units affected by Stone Gaze?
If Both skills are used and also same "petrified state".
Nope. If you read the description, it only removes the invulnerability and the slow remains. So either way, it doesn't affect the ultimate.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
Lord_Talron

oh you took out the mana steal? eh, i certainly dont like it as much any more
Old 03-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
YoTengoUnLCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHLNKI View Post
The pure damage has simple synergy with split shot.

If you actually look at the skill, it synergizes with splitshot and shall give a decent damage early on at still progress with attack speed in the late game. The disable is reliable in the sense that if you don't want to be petrified, you have to move with a creep which will still allow her to last hit, it you move out, you will miss some of the creep kills and denies. The skills provides her with laning power and a semi-ganking tool as well.
Have you actually played Medusa? The same would happen with the current Mystic snake, guess what? It is a shitty skill at laning and it does absolutely nothing at midgame.
There's a reason why everyone goes Stats+shield build..
Or clone me, raise the clone as your child for a few decades, and then have the clone be your meepo player at least until he undergoes an existential crisis and engages in brave and brazen yet petty heroics in an attempt to differentiate himself from the real clan_iraq and make a legacy of his own so he doesn't live in my shadow, at which point you as his father are forced to make the tragic decision to put him down with his cerebral remote explosive implant so that the bloodshed comes to an end, and emotionally shattered by your choice you turn to drink and become a broken man living out of bars and with a syringe always in your veins until a pretty redhead comes into your life and
where was i
Old 03-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
RCHLNKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTengoUnLCD View Post
Have you actually played Medusa? The same would happen with the current Mystic snake, guess what? It is a shitty skill at laning and it does absolutely nothing at midgame.
There's a reason why everyone goes Stats+shield build..
That's why the skill would have some use in laning and mid game.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
SugaSutA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
oh you took out the mana steal? eh, i certainly dont like it as much any more
This is the problem.

Mana burn+steal is a key determinant of a good medusa.

Even late game that spell is very useful, granting a good nuke and good mana for dusa, which is in this case EHP for dusa. Adding the petrification effect would be enough, but don't change the current one.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
Darth_Vader

There's a reason Mystic Snake exists in Medusa's skillset. Apart from the obvious synergy with Mana Shield, Mystic Snake is meant to be Medusa's only farming(and harassment) tool from early to mid game, and even a good one late game. Medusa is a hard, really hard carry, requiring a big amount of farm, and your suggestion will only bring mana problems to her. The only boost would be during midgame, however, Medusa is usually still farming till late game, then raping the enemy team.

So, obviously, T-down

it's still in rough stage so im not sure yet what other 3 heros fits best i guess depends on what enemy picks but need an initiator who can make sure enemy doesnt run away until godmode wears off.

gg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
That's almost as good as the strat where you lasthit creeps and get items.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
RCHLNKI

bump.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #14
FF_MikeRoch

Oh yup. T-Up.

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes