Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
ElChupanebre

Default Nerubian assassin item/skill build?

Been playing a lot due to my love of his new spell.
But he very mana hungry for an agi, so how do you deal with that?

I wont post the item builds I've been using because they are awful.
As for skill build I only take one of Impale and Mana Burn early on, and try to get my stats up. I have a feeling this is a bad idea, but Impale and Mana Burn drain a lot of mana early on, and you need to save enough to use them after your ult.

Suggestions?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Kris

Default Re: Nerubian assassin item/skill build?
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Items:

PMS
Tranquil
Point Booster
Malestorm
Bloodstone
Mjol
Shiva

Skills:

Manaburn:1(2)
Impale:2(1),3,5,7
Carapce:4,8,9,10
Ult:6,11,16

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
badmafa
Banned

Mana Burn isn't good early. Spiked Carapace is considerably stronger.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
Frost

He's supposed to be a surprise ganker, but I find that he's really weak for such occasions. So you Backstab, Impale, hit 1-2 times, then they just run away with 1/3 life left. Now what? You can't chase, your mana burn is weak, and if they don't cast anything on you, your spiked carapace won't do shit.

What is his role anyways.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
badmafa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
He's supposed to be a surprise ganker, but I find that he's really weak for such occasions. So you Backstab, Impale, hit 1-2 times, then they just run away with 1/3 life left. Now what? You can't chase, your mana burn is weak, and if they don't cast anything on you, your spiked carapace won't do shit.

He's an initiator. If you're trying to pick things off by yourself, you're pubbing.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Frost

If he's an initiator, he's a fairly weak one compared to say, ES or Tide. If he's a ganker, he can't even kill by himself unless you farm a dagger, which is even more painful to do. And despite having a slightly better impale, he kills less efficiently compared to Lion.

Not to mention his piss poor mana pool and being an agi-caster that has worse scaling compared to mirana.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
badmafa
Banned

Quote:
If he's an initiator, he's a fairly weak one compared to say, ES or Tide. If he's a ganker, he can't even kill by himself unless you farm a dagger, which is even more painful to do.
I don't think you understand. Initiator doesn't have to mean blowing open a team fight. Sven and Sand King are initiators because their stuns initiate a gank. Gankers rarely kill things by themselves, which is why people don't gank alone. Grab a Lina or Veno and have them drop their spells and attack after you Vendetta/Impale/Burn something.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
Frost

Even so, for what reason should I grab NA compared to say.. Lion or BH? If you need an invis ganker, BH > NA, if you need disables, Lion > NA. He's somewhere in the middle that doesn't excel in anything. Even more so after he lost his bugs.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
Kris

Quote:
Even so, for what reason should I grab NA compared to say.. Lion or BH? If you need an invis ganker, BH > NA, if you need disables, Lion > NA. He's somewhere in the middle that doesn't excel in anything. Even more so after he lost his bugs.
He's a hero who is desperately in need of something to discover an effective niche where he fits in. I believe that niche exists and that it requires him to farm more than he has traditionally done in the past.

The second era of bloodstone is likely to spring up in the near future.

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #10
iSnooz

Mana burn at 1st level,then max some other skills
Farm for Arcane Boots and Dagon if you're pubbing
Mana burn needs a remake :/
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
jyzzy

Quote:
he's a situational pick & ganker, and by situational i mean VERY, but in those situations he's the dominator all the game

think of a team consisted of pugna, enigma, OD, skywrath mage+other int heroes with little hp & high int...

rush dagon after bottle, gank everytime your ult is up, regen(even at fountain) after every gank, upgrade dagon to gank more & repeat

he's mana problems are easily beated with bottle, 1 skill only in MB and no skills in spikes(anyway useless), impale+stats is the way to go
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
badmafa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzzy View Post
he's a situational pick & ganker, and by situational i mean VERY, but in those situations he's the dominator all the game

think of a team consisted of pugna, enigma, OD, skywrath mage+other int heroes with little hp & high int...

rush dagon after bottle, gank everytime your ult is up, regen(even at fountain) after every gank, upgrade dagon to gank more & repeat

he's mana problems are easily beated with bottle, 1 skill only in MB and no skills in spikes(anyway useless), impale+stats is the way to go
I figured out why you think it's very situational. You're ignoring a great skill.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Person.Boi

To piss enemies off, i would get tons of clarities, max spiked carapace (2nd after impale) and proceed to lasthit while ignoring enemy harass. I managed to make this PL rage after this spirit lance taking away about 3/4 of his health after he constantly used it on me then me using carapace and ignoring it. And this bone getting raped by his own searing arrows and wasting all his pots on it.

Even better cd is 4 seconds.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
Person.Boi

Sorry cd is 10 seconds. But thats still short enough for plenty of counter harass.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
Vot1_Bear

Suggestion Award 

I find bottle-arc-dagon-EB build pretty decent for pubstomps.
Skillbuild is simple. Impale/manaburn at level 1/2 (pick whichever is first depending on situation) then proceed to max impale and carapace.
Note however, manaburn's manacost increase is quite deadly and tbh the CD reduction is only useful at level 4 (4 sec cd) in which you could actually cast it twice in a gank.

So it might be a good idea to save the skill points from level 12-13 (don't pick stats, but don't increase manaburn either) and only level it to max at 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie. View Post
I build Satanic on Lucifer and I feel like a God.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
Black_Ice

Here's some Nerub 101:
1. GO MID. A well practiced Nerub will have no trouble farming/rune gathering versus any mid hero, bar those really dominating ones. I usually go at least 2 levels of Carapace before level 6, as 1.2 seconds of stun actually allow you to move in if the enemy decided to attack you at an awkward time for them. The skill build is generally up to your preferences, but at least 1 level in carapace is mandatory if you plan on at least trade harass.
2. Get dagon ASAP. Intelligent opponents just won't give you the opportunity to walk in and deploy your combo. By letting your allies deal with initiation (Ie, clock), you can just unleash a devastating nuke from afar. Be aware of incoming aoe, and cast carapace for possible follow-up kills. As for mana issues, learn to control the runes. No one hero wants to meet a nerub at the rune spot. If the enemy keeps assigning teams of 2 heroes just to gather a rune, your team should have the space they need to gather some farm.

I find that in a nuke war, nerub's skillset is vastly superior to most heroes, while now having the potential to pseudo-tank. This hero needs practice, and before you bash the dagon build, learn to get farm and get it before the 10 minute mark, just like a tinker farms his BOT.

The best use I've found for Nerub so far is countering that lame-ass imbalanced hero Phoenix. It basically neutralizes his escape skill / initiation once you get used to clutch Carapace activation.

As homework, you could try a semi-carry nerub. With a few ganks early, you can get your opponents into a sentry happy frenzy, while you actually use the space they give your team to farm.

IMO, nerub still needs a lot of practice before his optimum utility is found, but the clues are there already.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
tekkenming

i will get a dagon for this hero
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
iSnooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkenming View Post
i will get a dagon for this hero
That's like a must
Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
Darth_Vader

Well, till recent update, NA used to be an adventurer like you. But removing Urna Swarm was an arrow in the ass.

Back then I would play him solo mid, with lvl1 summons he gains awesome rune-control, /w bottle, and I would rush Dagon. Probably one of the few heroes to upgrade it. As luxuries Ethereal Blade would suit most his burst damage, killingevery single hero, trust me.

Anyways, not hasveing beetles significantly lowered his lane control, he is now not a very decent mid, and he needs these extra levels to gank...

Guess no he'll have no see in competitive...

it's still in rough stage so im not sure yet what other 3 heros fits best i guess depends on what enemy picks but need an initiator who can make sure enemy doesnt run away until godmode wears off.

gg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
That's almost as good as the strat where you lasthit creeps and get items.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
azurile

i still rush necrobook on this guy. gives around the same stats as dagon, minions also burn mana, increases your dps and a bit of your burst, and is generally helpful with many things outside of ganking.

for the skill build, you would ideally want to have all 3 skills up by level 4, whichever way you wanna do it, but other than that, the dilemma would be whether you get mana burn at 12-14 or not. it depends whether you can put it to great use at that point i guess.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
mxt

Quote:
Items:

PMS
Tranquil
Point Booster
Malestorm
Bloodstone
Mjol
Shiva

Skills:

Manaburn:1(2)
Impale:2(1),3,5,7
Carapce:4,8,9,10
Ult:6,11,16
Why this, why no dagon in there somewhere?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxt View Post
Why this, why no dagon in there somewhere?
This isn't the most recent build, but dagon is very tempo oriented which requires you to either get a very good dual lane start or win a solo lane. I don't really see NA being dominant enough to do either of those things consistently right now.

I'd rather play a build more oriented on the midgame and exploiting his low cooldown spells to crowd control fights.

The more recent NA thread would be a better place to look at my current build.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #23
GrizzX

NA is best against high intel suports or even carryes, farm a BloodStone and that's all he needs, get PhaseBoots and a BladeMail after, if they focus you after your combo, they die to Carapace and BladeMail, if they don't, you just spam ManaBurn and stun like crazy.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
Eji1700

Quote:
This isn't the most recent build, but dagon is very tempo oriented which requires you to either get a very good dual lane start or win a solo lane. I don't really see NA being dominant enough to do either of those things consistently right now.

I'd rather play a build more oriented on the midgame and exploiting his low cooldown spells to crowd control fights.

The more recent NA thread would be a better place to look at my current build.
Out of curiosity do you have any replays/id's of the build in action?
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy