Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Lithary

Lightbulb Skeleton King [Remake]

- Introduction -
The main purpose of this idea is to remake Vampiric Aura and Critical Strike skills.
Those two skills are effective and fit him, but the problem is that Vampiric Aura is already used by VO, and Critical Strike is probably the most overused skill in the game.
I'll also add an ASU and make few more tweaks to other skills, but all changes made will not remove any simplicity or manliness from him!
Here is current Leoric the Skeleton King.

As bonus, I suggest that you check this thread out and support it if you like it!

Remember to judge based on concept, but still tell me if numbers need fixing.

- Skills -

Hellfire Blast
Type: Activate
Targeting: Unit
Targets: Enemy Units
Hotkey: T
Leoric launches a sphere of hellfire from the end of his sword, causing his victim to burst into flames. Deals damage and stuns for 2 seconds while also setting the target on fire, burning and slow it and enemy units near it for 4 seconds.
______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
2 (stun)/4 (dps & slow)
50 impact damage, 10 dps, stun, 15% slow.
2 (stun)/4 (dps & slow)
100 impact damage, 15 dps, stun, 15% slow.
2 (stun)/4 (dps & slow)
150 impact damage, 20 dps, stun, 15% slow.
2 (stun)/4 (dps & slow)
200 impact damage, 25 dps, stun, 15% slow.

-Notes:

• Damage type: Magical.
• DoT is dealt in invervals of 2/3/4/5 damage every 0.2 seconds.
• Total damage: 90/160/230/300.

- A small buff, but the main idea was to make it more firey.
This is how the spell works now; Leoric casts it on a unit and it will fly to it and hit it, just like it's been doing up to now.
The difference from now on is that burning damage and slow start as soon as damage is dealt and stun starts, so the main target will be stunned and slowed/burned for two seconds at the same time, and will continue to be burned/slowed for 2 more seconds after the stun is over.
The burn damage and slow now has an AoE of 200, meaning that all enemies which get close to the main target will also get slowed and burned.
In case they leave the AoE, burn/slow will not stick on them, but will stop instead.

Last edited by Lithary; 05-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
psukkar

Default Re: Skeleton King [Remake]

I quite like this. this would change his item build. He would have to get items like a heart, skadi and linkens as oppose to getting pure damage items early on. There arent many major strength stat items in dota and it would be a waste to get satatic and needs the strength stats to get the damage from it too. buying raw hp is another option but ur not getting damage from the stats.

I feel indifferent at the moment to be honest, my gut feeling is to say sk is fine as is but the 3rd skill is good and original and im big fan and like to champ those who suggest changes to copy cat spells in the game. crits, voodoo, finger of death, impale are all on my to change list. Can't stand copy cat spells it so plain and not very creative. An item like skadi is actually a pretty good item on sk currently, it makes him unkillable and relentless. So I think this remake could work quite well.

If anything it maybe over powered.

[anything]
Last edited by psukkar; 04-23-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Subotai

Lifesteal, had this idea on my archangel. Numbers seem acceptable.

Strike, since you have the lifesteal, the bonus damage received negates totally the hp lost.
With a 25% proc, you could say it's a 5% of max hp on each hit, that take 8 level to obtain (=only mid late game).
This is like a STR ursa, every point of STR gives 19hp -> 1dmg.
Leoric now gains 2 point of damage for 1 point of Str.

The idea looked interesting, but it seems quite overpowered.

About ulti, I will always dislike ASU on hard carry, since for the item to be worth to buy with its shitty stats it would have to be imba.

EDIT :
Quote:
Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
I quite like this. this would change his item build. He would have to get items like a heart, skadi and linkens as oppose to getting pure damage items early on. There arent many major strength stat items in dota and it would be a waste to get satatic. and needs the strength stats to get the damage from it too.

I feel indifferent at the moment to be honest, my gut feeling is to say sk is fine as is but this the 3rd skill is good and original and im big fan to champ those who suggest changes to copy cat spells in the game.

crits, voodoo, finger of death, impale are all on my to change list. Can't stand copy cat spells it so plain and not very creative.
Linkens srsly ? Satanic would seem even better than before. And they are fucking HEROES.

Willy, The little wendigoHampti Shell, The Chaos Turtler
Lord VoldemortLuck, the Sky Guardian
Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Inconnue

Well this is definitely unique and outstanding.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
BorisPeace-

I like the suggestions!

I'll just suggest one thing, change the name Unholy Bash, because using Bash in the spell name associates it with, well, Bash. Unholy Blow, Unholy Strike, Unholy Slash, Unholy Hack, Unholy Carve, Unholy Slice etc.
Thinking outside the box: Disassemble
-----------------------------------------------
Turkish DotA Map Translation Leader
Dota 2 Turkish Translation Mod
PD Suggestions Mod Wannabe o.o
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Monsterlord_2nd

Seen as Vampiric Presence and the Aghs upgrade are the main changes, they're the ones I'll comment on in detail. As for Unholy Smite, the concept of damage based on hp is great for Leoric, but a random chance to hurt yourself will always be a risky design choice.

Vampiric Presence is an excellent remake, staying true to what his current aura does, but also making it unique, giving him a bit more use in supporting allies, and encouraging an extremely hard style of carrying in order to keep your allies alive.

The Aghs upgrade is one of the very few I think would be worth buying on Leo. Again, it provides a more team-based angle on his place within a team, while not detracting from his hard-carry role. It will also force him into a very strong tanking position, because anyone trying to leave him until last will find it next to impossible to beat down those skeletons constantly.

However, they are too strong. They are currently at least as powerful as Warlock's "split" level 3 Infernals, with immortality and scaling stats based on the dead hero.

I like the permanent revival mechanic, and would even say it's already balanced, so I would like to see that stay while their strength is nerfed. Perhaps 400/600/800 hp, 45-60/55-70/65-80 damage and no additional scaling from the dead hero's stats.

-----

Quote:
He would have to get items like a heart, skadi and linkens as oppose to getting pure damage items early on.
Where are you pulling this bullshit from? Leoric's naturally tanky, especially with damage-based builds.

-----

Quote:
bout ulti, I will always dislike ASU on hard carry, since for the item to be worth to buy with its shitty stats it would have to be imba.
Not necessarily. It can be just as viable by simply changing the hero's role or amplifying a previously-overlooked trait.

Tiny's Aghs: Hard-hitting hero --> Living siege weapon.
Balanar's Aghs: Early ganker/late carry --> Legal maphack.
Clock: Nuisance --> Permanent ganking machine.
Void: Pure hardcarry --> Initiation/hardcarry hybrid.

Of all of those heroes, and plenty of other examples, only Balanar makes proper use of all three stats. On everyone else it would be considered a total waste, if it didn't significantly change how the hero is played.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Subotai

^Unholy smite : the bonus damage is 4 times the damage dealt to himself. Therefore the bonus lifesteal from aura (25%) is equal to the damage dealt to himself.
When procing, Leoric will not hurt himself if he has lifesteal lvl 4, and heal as usual with his lifesteal on usual attack.

As for the ulti, i eventually gave it a look. I would first give it some kind of scaling, there is a typo (dead heroes gaining 50% of gold and ... not hp).
There is gameplay synergy with both new lifesteal and crit (because promoting tankiness).
Still I don't like it =D can't help.

Willy, The little wendigoHampti Shell, The Chaos Turtler
Lord VoldemortLuck, the Sky Guardian
Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #8
psukkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterlord_2nd View Post
Seen as Vampiric Presence and the Aghs upgrade are the main changes, they're the ones I'll comment on in detail. As for Unholy Smite, the concept of damage based on hp is great for Leoric, but a random chance to hurt yourself will always be a risky design choice.

Vampiric Presence is an excellent remake, staying true to what his current aura does, but also making it unique, giving him a bit more use in supporting allies, and encouraging an extremely hard style of carrying in order to keep your allies alive.

The Aghs upgrade is one of the very few I think would be worth buying on Leo. Again, it provides a more team-based angle on his place within a team, while not detracting from his hard-carry role. It will also force him into a very strong tanking position, because anyone trying to leave him until last will find it next to impossible to beat down those skeletons constantly.

However, they are too strong. They are currently at least as powerful as Warlock's "split" level 3 Infernals, with immortality and scaling stats based on the dead hero.

I like the permanent revival mechanic, and would even say it's already balanced, so I would like to see that stay while their strength is nerfed. Perhaps 400/600/800 hp, 45-60/55-70/65-80 damage and no additional scaling from the dead hero's stats.

-----

Where are you pulling this bullshit from? Leoric's naturally tanky, especially with damage-based builds.

-----

Not necessarily. It can be just as viable by simply changing the hero's role or amplifying a previously-overlooked trait.

Tiny's Aghs: Hard-hitting hero --> Living siege weapon.
Balanar's Aghs: Early ganker/late carry --> Legal maphack.
Clock: Nuisance --> Permanent ganking machine.
Void: Pure hardcarry --> Initiation/hardcarry hybrid.

Of all of those heroes, and plenty of other examples, only Balanar makes proper use of all three stats. On everyone else it would be considered a total waste, if it didn't significantly change how the hero is played.
did u notice his damage is now based on his hp. So what are u going to buy to increase his hp? U have two options strength stat items like the ones I suggested and raw hp items like soul booster.

Strength stats is better as lerioc get damage from it aswell. This is the key change to leroic from tis remake is the items he would get. The only item that will still be effective on lerioic after this remake is armlet. Items like mkb early on like we get now wont be as good anymore.

its like ursa, what dps items are u getting with this hero? ur wasting ur time if ur getting mkbs early on.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
psukkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subotai View Post

Strike, since you have the lifesteal, the bonus damage received negates totally the hp lost.
With a 25% proc, you could say it's a 5% of max hp on each hit, that take 8 level to obtain (=only mid late game).

About ulti, I will always dislike ASU on hard carry, since for the item to be worth to buy with its shitty stats it would have to be imba.

EDIT :

Linkens srsly ? Satanic would seem even better than before. And they are fucking HEROES.
well 25 strength for 5% damage increase is quite high for 6200 gold. i forgot to mention sange and yasha before too. Linkens was just to be complete with my list.

but the overall theme is correct you would have to get strength stats anyway u can. And linkens on almost any hero could be more benefical on a late game carry depending on the situation. Could even be better than avtar sometimes inb late game fights last quite abit so a 20 secs cd would be rather good.

but anyway this remake demands strength stats, everyone needs to understand this.

This remake like you meantioned eariler would have to get simular late game items as an ursa. So item builds will change quite a bit after such remake.

[anything]
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
Monsterlord_2nd

Quote:
did u notice his damage is now based on his hp. So what are u going to buy to increase his hp? U have two options strength stat items like the ones I suggested and raw hp items like soul booster.

Strength stats is better as lerioc get damage from it aswell. This is the key change to leroic from tis remake is the items he would get. The only item that will still be effective on lerioic after this remake is armlet. Items like mkb early on like we get now wont be as good anymore.
last I checked Armlet, Halberd, Bkb and Satanic all gave worthwhile strength boosts, and Vanguard was an excellent tanking item.

Better than retarded shit like Linkens and Skadi at least >_>
Old 04-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
psukkar

Quote:
last I checked Armlet, Halberd, Bkb and Satanic all gave worthwhile strength boosts, and Vanguard was an excellent tanking item.

Better than retarded shit like Linkens and Skadi at least >_>
lol sk is a hard carry. U think vangraud and halberd will cut it, dont make me laugh. Satatic is okay with 25 str better than nothing, but its very expensive for a relatively small damage increase. at 5 % your legendary item gives 23.75 damage for 6200 gold. Do you see a problem here?

I would buy a skadi for 5700 as oppose to satatic for 6200 ANY TIME OF THE WEEK and u should too if such a remake was actally done. Skadi even now is not a bad item for sk after an inital pure damage item. Only thing bad about skadi is the build up but stats will help sk in more than one way. Mana, ias, armor, hp, hp rgen, mana regen. Did i miss one?

anyway as u can see with your suggested items this remake will limit ur late game items abit.

accept it dont fight me over such simple and logical matter.

you should do some quick calcs before u start saying items halberd will solve anything if a 25 strentg satatic gives u 24 damage from this speell as a result of the 5% stated, for 6200 gold too. Skadi is cheaper and better in every way for sk now and for this remake.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #12
Monsterlord_2nd

Quote:
ol sk is a hard carry. U think vangraud and halberd will cut it, dont make me laugh.
Quote:
I would buy a skadi for 5700 as oppose to satatic for 6200 ANY TIME OF THE WEEK

You've just completely invalidated every point you're ever going to make.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
psukkar

Quote:

You've just completely invalidated every point you're ever going to make.
lol nice try quote my whole statement. u missed " if such a remake was actally done".

U also missed the part where Isaid 24 damage for 6200 gold is what happens when you buy a satatic with sk with this remake idea.

By bad mouthing my statement even the way you have quoted it, seems to me you buy satatic now with sk is quite laughable to say the least.

i think ur a noob, do some quick calc with 5% of hp items and u will see why u are very misinformed and I have wasted to much time talking to you now. This is my biggest regret of all after your cheap palor tricks of miss qouting me.

[anything]
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #14
Monsterlord_2nd

Quote:
u missed " if such a remake was actally done"
Why should I need to include that? The entire discussion is in the context of this suggestion, and your declaration that Vanguard or Halberd would be shit is idiotic in either this or the current situation.

Quote:
U also missed the part where Isaid 24 damage for 6200 gold is what happens when you buy a satatic with sk with this remake idea.
Please tell me Satanic's stats, and then figure out how much damage it gives.

Quote:
Buy bad mouthing my statement it seems to me you buy satatic now with sk is quite laughable to say the least.
Nope. What a stupid assumption to make.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
psukkar

Quote:
Why should I need to include that? The entire discussion is in the context of this suggestion, and your declaration that Vanguard or Halberd would be shit is idiotic in either this or the current situation.

Please tell me Satanic's stats, and then figure out how much damage it gives.

Nope. What a stupid assumption to make.
You havent even read the suggestion, everything have i said is directed on how sk's items change with the 3rd skill suggested. You can calc the damage from satatic urself with the thrid skill. U seem to "think" you have all the answers.

You have been banned before and therefore as fate would have it, you want bring about another banning on yourself again. Stop talking me, i find u annoying.

Nice talking to you kind sir.

[anything]
Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #16
fr3quenzy

Ha ha, Okay. I guess you should try to send this thing on Official Dota website (feedback page).

At least try it once
Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
Monsterlord_2nd

Quote:
You havent even read the suggestion,
Another stupid assumption.

Quote:
everything have i said is directed on how sk's items change with the 3rd skill suggested.
That doesn't make it any better. They're still clueless comments.

Quote:
You can calc the damage from satatic urself with the thrid skill.
No, I want you to post Satanic's stats and tell me how much damage Leoric would gain from it. I want you to show me exactly why you think it's only 24 damage.

Quote:
U seem to "think" you have all the answers.
I don't think I have all of the answers. I know I have most of them though.

Quote:
You have been banned before and therefore as fate would have it, you want bring about another banning on yourself again.
You have no clue what you're talking about, scrubling.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Inconnue

ot: oh here we go
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
Lama051

Steam: Lama051

Letīs remake all heroes so they are as difficult as invoker.

T-Down, newbs really need a hero to play with.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #20
Monsterlord_2nd

Quote:

Have you even looked at it? He still has three straightforward passives.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #21
Lithary

Quote:
Actually, I got that idea from another person who tried to remake Vampiric Aura.
I just can't find it.

Quote:

I don't find it that overpowered, actually.
Ursa gains 50/60/70 damage per 1K HP and doesn't lose any at all and is reliable, compared to suggested 20/30/40/50 of unreliable damage and losing HP.
And it's true that Vampiric Presence negates Unholy Smites negative effect, but that was kinda the idea.
Still, the bonus damage gained from Unholy Smite will only negate the negative effect when combined with the Vampiric Presence, while current Critical Strike will increase life healed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisPeace- View Post
I like the suggestions!

I'll just suggest one thing, change the name Unholy Bash, because using Bash in the spell name associates it with, well, Bash. Unholy Blow, Unholy Strike, Unholy Slash, Unholy Hack, Unholy Carve, Unholy Slice etc.
It's named Unholy Smite, not Bash.

Quote:
^Unholy smite : the bonus damage is 4 times the damage dealt to himself. Therefore the bonus lifesteal from aura (25%) is equal to the damage dealt to himself.
When procing, Leoric will not hurt himself if he has lifesteal lvl 4, and heal as usual with his lifesteal on usual attack.
That's the idea!

Quote:
As for the ulti, i eventually gave it a look. I would first give it some kind of scaling, there is a typo (dead heroes gaining 50% of gold and ... not hp).
There is gameplay synergy with both new lifesteal and crit (because promoting tankiness).
Still I don't like it =D can't help.
Thanks for pointing that out!
It's suppose to say that dead heroes gain 50% of gold and experience with Skeleton Warriors they control.

Quote:
True, but due to his ultimate and life-steal, I think he can take that chance.

Quote:

I admit; I didn't think a lot about their numbers.
Still, if possible, I wouldn't like to remove HP/damage gained from dead hero's stats.
How about I reduce HP to 500 and base damage to 25-50?
I still want to keep the feeling of them being skeletons of fallen heroes.
Also remember that unlike Warlock's Infernals (which he can summon when he wants), you need your ally to die in order to summon a SW.
So it's not that much of a 'Here is an uber summon to help my team!' skill as much as it's 'Here is some help until my teammates get their asses revived!'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3quenzy View Post
Ha ha, Okay. I guess you should try to send this thing on Official Dota website (feedback page).

At least try it once
Ummm... mind explaining yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama051 View Post

But he kept all his simplicity and still has 1 active and 3 passives.
His core play-style didn't change at all.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
psukkar

Quote:
Have you even looked at it? He still has three straightforward passives.
ha lol, for some that cant even read 5% of hp is his crit now u are in no position to critize anyone.

Also stop calling u ppl names its not becoming my misinformed good friend.

[anything]
Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
Linux_Xp

Shit and imbalance OP suggestion.

T_DOWN
Old 04-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #24
Inconnue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux_Xp View Post
Shit and imbalance OP suggestion.

T_DOWN
I'd love to hear why its 'shit' and imbalanced. please elaborate.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
freakinmaniac

I'm okay with all of it, except on Reincarnation. It's too IMBA to deal Hellfire Blast in AoE, and yet ASU on carry, OMG! Wasted money and item slot!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #26
Lithary

Ok, can someone please explain to me, from which ass is this narrow-minded bullshit about carries not having an ASU is being pulled out from?
And if you checked the numbers, you would see that burning everyone with hellfire is not imba at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconnue View Post
I'd love to hear why its 'shit' and imbalanced. please elaborate.
He is bitching because I stomped his crap of a suggestion, so he decided to bump my thread.
I should thank him, actually!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
Dzin-Zakk

Suggestion Award 

At first I was like: "another shitty QQ rmk thread of old classic".

But then I came to the ASU part and was like: "Leo Ric! This is interesting!"

Basically I'd go with what manstrl0rd said. This is very new and fresh, it keeps his Leoric's carry/tank role but makes him more teamplay orientiered at the same time.

As for the Skeleton Warriors I think the reassembling part already makes them strong and scaling either shouldn't be there at all or be like 500+10% of Hero's Hp etc.

Congratulations on the nice concept! It would've been really great to see old Leo rivisited,
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #28
UltraSonic50

3rd skill and Ultimate has the same name.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
silvercover
Forum Staff

really fine suggestion.
Q: does the skeleton have the ability to use the skills of the dead hero?
for now, T-up. but lowers his noob-friendly a bit(since 3rd skill can cause him to suicide).

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

really fine suggestion.
Q: does the skeleton have the ability to use the skills of the dead hero?
for now, T-up. but lowers his noob-friendly a bit(since 3rd skill can cause him to suicide).
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #30
Lithary

True, but Vampiric Presence takes care of that issue.
And not, they do not have the abilities of the dead heroes.
I think it would make that skill simply too OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzin-Zakk View Post
At first I was like: "another shitty QQ rmk thread of old classic".

But then I came to the ASU part and was like: "Leo Ric! This is interesting!"

Basically I'd go with what manstrl0rd said. This is very new and fresh, it keeps his Leoric's carry/tank role but makes him more teamplay orientiered at the same time.

As for the Skeleton Warriors I think the reassembling part already makes them strong and scaling either shouldn't be there at all or be like 500+10% of Hero's Hp etc.

Congratulations on the nice concept! It would've been really great to see old Leo rivisited,
Well, I think I should nerf their stats since they are really strong and could easily be OP.
Thanks for the review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraSonic50 View Post
3rd skill and Ultimate has the same name.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Will fix it right away.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
UltraSonic50

Buff the ASU a bit more. 1000 seems imba so why not make the warriors have 500/625/750 + 15% hp for it to be worth it without breaking balance..
Old 04-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
Dzin-Zakk

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama051 View Post

Trololo SK is a very easy hero to fuck up for a newbie(the entire mana management worth trouble). It is the experience that squeezes the most perfomance from simple concepts.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #33
Dragon4Damn

Wonderful.
This is the BEST remake about SNK I've ever seen.
Only one more suggestion.
The skill "Unholy Smite" need a switch like the Radiance.
In fact,someone could be afraid when farming in a low HP,wanna recover the body,and active the effect.

Moreover,I hate the Vampiric Aura because I cannot control the line.
Add a switch like the RoB,that's better.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #34
Extremator

I would like to see such an option with regards to the aura...

Vampiric Aura (passive)
Each strike of Leoric's bloodthirsty blade
will heal Leoric by a certain amount and
all his allies around him for half of the value.

Level 1 - Gains 12% life-steal.
Level 2 - Gains 18% life-steal.
Level 3 - Gains 24% life-steal.
Level 4 - Gains 30% life-steal.
...12% and +6% per level to self...
...to friends - 6/9/12/15%

Area of Effect: 900 AoE
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
kittyjoker

Stun - Not much different, don't mind a slight buff to it, so sure.
Aura - I think this is way too good. I think it's fine the way it is now and the fact that it only benefits melee carry allies makes him manly.
Crit - Changes his item build from damage to HP, I don't like it. Rapier strat will never happen again on the best rapier holder, when Heart gives you 90 damage.
Agh - Best idea for an Agh I've seen for Leoric. Numbers obviously need balancing but I think this is the best possible option for it.

I think with a buff on his stun/slow and a teamfight-oriented Agh upgrade, Leoric would probably start being picked in competitive. Soul Ring -> Armlet -> Agh, or maybe even skipping the Armlet in favor of earlier teamfight presence and sooner lategame items, looks like a good build on him.

Don't change too much on him though, or he'll lose his fun factor.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
Lithary

Nothing about it being melee only aura makes him manly.
Hell, suggested remake actually makes him more manly since it demands from him to go in front lines in order to make it effective!
Also, all possible balance issues with Vampiric Presence can be fixed by adjusting the numbers (even though suggested numbers are pretty good as they are).

And I don't see a problem in him not being the best DR user in the game with his Critical Strike remake (he is still one of the best DR users even with the remake, though).
Hell, this remake actually makes getting Aghanim's Scepter on him really worth it due to HP increase also increasing his damage.

Also, this remake will make AJoE a viable item for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4Damn View Post
Wonderful.
This is the BEST remake about SNK I've ever seen.
Only one more suggestion.
The skill "Unholy Smite" need a switch like the Radiance.
In fact,someone could be afraid when farming in a low HP,wanna recover the body,and active the effect.

Moreover,I hate the Vampiric Aura because I cannot control the line.
Add a switch like the RoB,that's better.
Well, I am thinking about suggesting that both Vampiric Presence and Unholy Smite can be toggled on and off, but I will first see what other people think about it.
I myself am 50/50 when it comes to allowing them to toggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremator View Post
I would like to see such an option with regards to the aura...

Vampiric Aura (passive)
Each strike of Leoric's bloodthirsty blade
will heal Leoric by a certain amount and
all his allies around him for half of the value.

Level 1 - Gains 12% life-steal.
Level 2 - Gains 18% life-steal.
Level 3 - Gains 24% life-steal.
Level 4 - Gains 30% life-steal.
...12% and +6% per level to self...
...to friends - 6/9/12/15%

Area of Effect: 900 AoE
I'm afraid it would make it too good that way.
Remember that he can now heal both ranged and melee units with this remake, so a small nerf in numbers way necessary.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #37
Extremator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithary View Post
Remember that he can now heal both ranged and melee units with this remake
I am for what he had been the old-fashioned in this regard ...
only melee!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #38
Lithary

Why?
That makes him a bit too situational.
One of main reasons behind the remake is to make fit better in teams with both melee and ranged units.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #39
FF_MikeRoch

I'm digging the unholy smite, but the ASU is a bit sketchy. I just dont see microing and leo going together.

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #40
UltraSonic50

^ The skeleton warriors are controlled by the player who used the died hero, not Leoric.
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes