10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Useful DotA Links!!
Here are some useful threads from all over the forum. Hope it helps new and old forumers alike to find what you're looking for
- Official DotA Allstars : Downloads
Always download DotA from the official getdota.com.
- DotA AI by Harreke
Wanna try some strange Skill/Item buids or simply have fun? Download AI DotA, by Harreke.
- The NEW DotA Allstars Map Archive
Archive with nearly every DotA map *Updated link*
- DotA Maps Collection
Another archive with more than 300 DotA maps.
- DotA AI FAQ
All the info about AI maps.
- Guide to DotA Custom Keys
Custom dota keys guide with already created customkeys files.
- DOTA Customkey Generator
Easy way to customize inventory hotkeys and standarize hero's shortcuts.
- AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText
Create hotkeys and macros with this very useful tool.
- Custom Keys by Dane- & Meetya
Another very complete hotkey program.
- Dota Tool Kit (DTK) - Customize warcraft & DotA
And another very complete hotkey program :P
- WarKey++ 6.2 English (WarCraft3 Change HotKey)
A program that helps you hotkey the inventory keys.
- [F4F].cReW. DotA HotKey Tool v1.0.1
And another one.
- Warkeys: The Best Way to Edit Your CustomKeys.txt
Another hotkey program.
- [ inventory+ ]
And yet another one.
- Enable Tavern and Goblinshops Hotkeys
A way to enable customkeys for side shops and taverns.
- FOR MACS: Customkey for the mac
A tool to remap the inventory hotkeys for mac users.
- FOR MACS: Remapping keys in Mac OS X 10.4
And another one.
- Dota-League: DotAzilla
Tool used by dota-league, with many functions like reducing latency and blocking your windows keys while in-game.
- Warcraft III Delay Reducer
A very simple program used to reduce the latency when playing on Bnet.
- GUIDE: Patching Warcraft 3 with WVS
The official, updated and recommended PD guide to Warcraft Version Switcher.
- Warcraft Version Switcher
Alternative WVS thread.
- Warcraft III Version Switcher v2.1
A great way to quickly change between versions when playing on Garena or watching old replays, with a very lightweight lil program.
- Reconnection Tool for WCIII (Both Server & Client)
A newly created tool which enables re-connections on games.
- WC3 ResCHANGE
Tool to change your W3 resolution, specially useful for wide screen users.
You can use this program to manage, store, and quickly check different skill and item builds for dota heroes.
- Window Mouse Capturer
A "must" for any person who wants to play Warcraft in windowed mode.
- DotA Theme Manager
The original! Play on the sunny beach, the boiling hell, the snowy mountains, anywhere!
- Diabolic Warcraft III Tools
More customization options that allow you to change the W3 background image, the fonts used, and more!
- Custom DotA
Even more customization options to change in-game models, icons, and more!
- Guide to Customize Wc3
A quick and simple step-by-step guide to customize W3.
- Dota model pack
Lots of custom models!
- How to change Warcraft background to any picture
A program that can change your Warcraft 3 background image.
- Custom sounds [Added more noises ]
Some custom sounds.
- Model Editor/Creator
A program used to view, edit, and create Warcraft 3 models.
- Hero Models MPQ Locations
The Icon, Model, Missile and Voice of every hero in DotA.
- DotaHIT v0.999s4 (+ Replay Parser & Replay Finder)
DPS and EHP calculation, data dump extractor, replay parser, and much more!
- DotA Replay Manager 2.05
Great replay parser to sort trough your many replays and display lots of useful information.
- dW3gParser by Esby
Another replay parser, that can identify when players click, buy items, spend skill points, etc
- ReplaySeeker v1.1
Useful tool to re-wind replays and fast-forward to a desired moment.
- Simple Camera
Plugin for the above tool that gives you complete camera freedom.
- Warcraft Console Hider v.3b
Wanna make a dota movie but the console keeps getting in the way? remove it with this tool!
Help and Tech Support:
- Dota Commentaries
Dota replays, with commentaries!
- GosuGamers DotA | Replays
A very popular replay site, with lots of professional matches.
- Replays.Net DotA??Rep?? | DotA????? DotA AllStars | Dota.Replays.Net
A chinese replay site.
And another one.
- Matches - DotA Forums
Our very own pro replays section!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Always check here first. ALWAYS!
- [GUIDE] All about 1.24e
If you're having problems updating to the latest W3 version, see this guide first!
- [GUIDE] How to Install DotA
Beginner-friendly guide about how to install dota from scratch!
- [GUIDE] Viewing Replays
Can't watch a specific replay? This guide might help you!
- Hosting and 3rd party programs
Lots of useful intormation about hosting games on Bnet.
- Setting Up to Play DotA - DotA Guides
All you need to know to start playing dota the right way.
- Compilation of Useful Links
Great collection of threads to assist suggesters!
Mechanics and Programming:
- Learn DotA
New at dota? Give this a read and you'll improve your skills in no time
- DotA Guides
Now that you know the basics, learn how to master a hero following guides
- Guide-Writers' Guide
All the info you need to publish your own strategy guide.
- Outpicked Archive Thread
The archive of the popular strategy-forum game.
- Val's Pretty Guide to Every Hero - DotA Guides
A handy guide to every hero. Useful bits of info for beginers!
- DotA Heroes
Updated Heroes database.
- DotA Items and Recipes
Updated Items database.
- DotA Mechanics
Most of your mech questions, answered here!
- DotA Mechanics Common Terminology
Finally discover what's a triggered skill, a dummy unit, and the marker ability!
- List of Tutorial Sites
Lots of tutorials to help you start coding in jass, the Warcraft 3 code.
- The Big List of Uncodable Things
Got a suggestion but don't know if it's actually codeable? see this thread.
- Really Advanced Statistics of Heroes! [nerds only]
Stats information about all dota heroes.
- DotA Forums - IceFrog
The official blog of the DotA maker! Find all the latest news here!
- Hero Balance Compilation 6.48 onwards
A list with every balance change on heroes.
- Item Balance Compilation
A list with every balance change on items.
- A History of Competitive DotA
If you missed the beginnings of competitive DotA, you can find it all in these nice chronicles.
- Official PlayDotA Ventrilo server
It's always better than typing, trust me
- IRC Channel
Chat with fellow dota players about anything!
- [DATABASE] Hero Userbars (Add your own!)
Lots of dota hero userbars, for your signatures.
- The dota ms paint rage dump thread!!
no skill, no words, no reason, only rage and ms paint
- DotA Kill Sounds and Audio
A collection of all the spree sounds found in DotA.
- DotA hero sounds (6.59d)
A collection of all the hero sounds up to 6.59d
- Dota Heroes Sounds
Another Hero sounds thread.
- List of Higher Level Games - DotA Guides
A collection of several Dota leagues.
Non DotA/W3 related:
- DotA Forums - Forum Rules
Read them, follow them, and the world will be a better place for us all
- DotA Forums - Show Groups
Complete list of all the forum staff on this forum. Find out who mods what.
- How to get a Signature and Avatar
Quick guide about how to change your Avatar and Signature.
- Name Changes
Got bored of your current nick name? request a name change here!
- How to create a new replay thread
An easy guide explaining how to use attachments.
- The Right Guide to Guide-Write - DotA Guides
A guide to guide writing!
- Complete list of BB codes
A very complete and up-to-date BB-code guide.
- [Guide]BB Codes
And another one ^^
- DotA Forums - BB Code List
All the BB code functions on this forum.
- DotA Forums - Smilies List
All the Smilies available on this forum.
- DotA Forums - FAQ
General info about the forum.
- Freeware List Thread
Useful and free programs for everyone!
- [OFFICIAL] PlayDotA Wall Of Fame
All the Signature of the week winners here!
- Useful links
Some links for all you graphic artists out there!
- Most Important Topics [Read Before Posting]
All the important threads on the Anime sub-forum.
Dedicated to FoR
If you'd like a link added/fixed, send me a PM
or a visitor message on my profile, and I'll look into it.
Last edited by Cigaro; 09-25-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Reason: added History of Competitive DotA