Didn't see this coming, did you?
Why would it be boring?
A few things come to mind:
- You would be the eye in the sky, constantly watching the whole map. Therefore, this position would be good for the team leader. Experienced players
can do this in newbie games, which would encourage newbies to play with more teamwork. I think this would be good for the community.
- Only strategists can buy and control courier => more teamwork and less abuse (and if there was abuse, we would know who to blame/report). The strategist can spend his gold to provide allies with consumables. You can even scout with couriers!
- Only strategists can activate Glyph of Fortification => less abuse.
- Heroes often get into the attack range of towers and siege machines without worry. With some map awareness, you can punish those cocky punks quite well.
- Controlling units to block enemy heroes
- Saving allies with zeppelins running on money
And many more possibilities.
I think it's the execution of the idea that decides whether it's boring or not, not the idea itself.
Well there's a small and simple solution to that big problem: FIX IT!
You fail to amuse me
So you have Twist. I have Twister!
Come back only if you find the Twistest!
First and foremost, it offers more strategy and a higher level of teamwork.
Secondly, it would speed up the game. As strategists don't have much use for gold. This amount of gold can be spent on allies to gain mid game advantage or to pump the carry faster.
Lastly, please take a look at my reply for CvP. The experienced strategists can teach and advise newbies. It's like a coaching system in which the coach can play too!