Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
sumthingsup

Default Nerubian Assassin item build

i checked the most updated guide, and it still shows dagon. while i fancy the burst nerubian assassin, i think because of the mana burn, it no longer is his purpose.

i usually aim for a fast TB SR, but after that i just adapt. i usually go support after that, warding, getting janggo, stuff like that.. i probably need something new.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
CynthiaCrescent

Steam: lightredemption
Default Re: Nerubian Assassin item build

Necro Bloodstone Blademail
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Mousatos

Nerubian has a good burst damage potential. You can capitalize on that and get a dagon, or (my personal favorite) get tank items. My logic goes;
You get in first, do you combo and then hold on untill you team gets the upper hand in the battle.
Heart, blade mail, shiva's.
Or something like that.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
r3dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousatos View Post
Nerubian has a good burst damage potential. You can capitalize on that and get a dagon, or (my personal favorite) get tank items. My logic goes;
You get in first, do you combo and then hold on untill you team gets the upper hand in the battle.
Heart, blade mail, shiva's.
Or something like that.
Or you can get even more burst via upgrading dagon (to be able to keep instagibbing supports all game long) or getting an EB to shut down their carry (and take a huge chunk of their HP).

When 3v1 ganks go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyampagn View Post
Meh Jesus is overrated...SK needs only 3 seconds to come back; 3 days and you call youself god? cmon
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Mousatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman View Post
Or you can get even more burst via upgrading dagon (to be able to keep instagibbing supports all game long) or getting an EB to shut down their carry (and take a huge chunk of their HP).
Already mentioned that. I didn't say not get dagon, or get dagon and then tank items. I said either capitalize on your burst damage (dagon,dagon,dagon,dagon,dagon, EB) OR go for tank items. You clearly support the "burst" option. Ok, why quoting me then?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
NotQuiteThere

Location: Let's put it this way: I don't live in most places.

I usually go burst damage and grab survival items when needed. My starting build is usually like this

2 x Guantlets
2 x Clarities
1 x Salve
1 x Tangoes

Then get boots asap

Make urn

Make Dagon

(picking up Clarities and Salves as needed, as well as other consumables).

Then adapt accordingly after that.
Nerfing Smoke; Make Luna's Glaive Toggable; KotL's Chakra; Tower ideas 1, 2 and 3; Fuzzy; Zeus...immortal?; Rupture; Fervor; CM's Aura; Riki Implemented; Techie's Remake; Sniper; Huskar's Passive; Wraith/Skel. King's Passives; Riki's Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrank View Post
...Enemy heroes will be chopping down trees whole game instead of farming. Deforestation meta.

My suggestions and critiques are meant to thoughtful and helpful, not trolling attempts.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
GrizzX

The most simple way of building him is Arcane>RoH>PointBooster>Bloodstone.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Atilla

I tried playing him again after a long time and went with this: Bottle, Aquila, Drums, Treads.

Then after I went around and ganked a bit I bought Basher just to annoy them (worked surprisingly well, got more kills thanks to it than I thought I would). Game was more or less won at this point but I was so fucking slow at pushing so I bought Deso to take down towers a bit faster and for more dmg, probably not the best item to get in a more even game but yeah.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: consider including Basher in your builds more often.
[18:26] Kikoni (Allies): ifnini
[18:28] Kikoni (Allies): stop fuicking farming u diipot

[18:30] Kikoni (Allies): u hace to kill
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
jskd

i also end up making basher on this guy, so u can continue to be useful. Bashing BKB carry is pretty damn useful.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
jyzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Then after I went around and ganked a bit I bought Basher just to annoy them (worked surprisingly well, got more kills thanks to it than I thought I would).
How a fucking basher can be well on him? just fucking explain. How can a fucking hero that is as bad at dpsing as axe can "work surprisingly well" with basher?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
No_Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzzy View Post
How a fucking basher can be well on him? just fucking explain. How can a fucking hero that is as bad at dpsing as axe can "work surprisingly well" with basher?
Probably because basher works on just about any hero, especially melee, especially those that right click. NA does quite a bit of right clicking after jizzing so it's not terrible
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
badmafa
Banned

I think Book is too important to not make on NA. Blink and Force are also really nice for jumping people and trying to bait spells on Carapace. Basher and Lightning are options if you get to play as a main DPS, and Eul's/HH are cool if you need more disable.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
jyzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Worries View Post
Probably because basher works on just about any hero, especially melee, especially those that right click. NA does quite a bit of right clicking after jizzing so it's not terrible
Yeah, mega-arguments I see here. Go and play basher Dirge, because it's seemingly imba on melee heroes if I understand right.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #14
xkhuongdox

Because NA's agi gain is much better than Dirge?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
CynthiaCrescent

NA, in his current state, has severe problems living up to his so-called burst damage status. He was actually given a mind game skill along the way, so it's best simply to make him a hero that lives long to use that skill while cannot stay ignored because of his "potential" rather than dumping all your cash into that "potential" and getting nothing more than a huge middle finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkhuongdox View Post
Because NA's agi gain is much better than Dirge?
That wasn't the argument, idiot.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
fremdlaender

Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaCrescent View Post
Necro Bloodstone Blademail
Sould you really farm that much on NA?
Of course Mana Burn has big potential and of course he needs to stay alive to use it, but wouldn't cheaper items suffice?
I'd compare him to Ogre in this regard. Maybe Earthshaker. A some kind of 'supportish' hero that needs some items, but not many.

Arcanes, Drum, Blaidmail, maybe an early Urn or Medallion of your team does not have it already.
Considering his good Int gain for a Agi hero this should suit his mana needs while still giving him survivability (except for Arcanes).

Besides that, I agree that people focus too much on his 'burst damage' that actually isn't that great compared to other heroes (Lina, Lion) and doesn't scale (Bounty Hunter).
He should be picked for the stun(s) and to counter Int-heavy carries like OD, Akasha or Invoker.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #17
CynthiaCrescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremdlaender View Post
Sould you really farm that much on NA?
Of course Mana Burn has big potential and of course he needs to stay alive to use it, but wouldn't cheaper items suffice?
I'd compare him to Ogre in this regard. Maybe Earthshaker. A some kind of 'supportish' hero that needs some items, but not many.

Arcanes, Drum, Blaidmail, maybe an early Urn or Medallion of your team does not have it already.
Considering his good Int gain for a Agi hero this should suit his mana needs while still giving him survivability (except for Arcanes).

Besides that, I agree that people focus too much on his 'burst damage' that actually isn't that great compared to other heroes (Lina, Lion) and doesn't scale (Bounty Hunter).
He should be picked for the stun(s) and to counter Int-heavy carries like OD, Akasha or Invoker.
Should I? Yes, since the hero pulls off the farm better than a lot of others.
The cheap version of that would be Treads Drums MoC Veil, pick your poison.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #18
fr0zenknife

I get dagon5 and EB for maximum burst, I like burst however. The other build i go is necro3 and shiva, more of a team fight oriented build that helps pushes and ganks alike.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #19
Azz_92

First go for a stats boost items, either go magicwand plus + null/bracers, then fix you mana problems either arcaneboots or Tb + soulring. You could go jango now if you like the item, and have a team you can actually trust. Or just go striaght to your core item, eithr NN or Dagon. Imo depends on the game, if there are a lot of squishy heroes go for NN, because you dont need anymore burst and its fine if you dont get the kills, and someone else on your team does. If they are on the tankier side, trust me and go for dagon. In anycase you should always get NN, be it your first or second core item. On the other hand if you dont get dagon first don't bother with it. After depending on how well the game is going, either go for hex, shiva, or if things are going bad the fairly easy bloodstone build up is a good choice.
Burst kill a hero, get killed heal team GG XD
Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
jskd

u bash enemy naix/lycan while they bkbed and that will really cut their dps 1.4 sec, these types of heros can put out 1500 damage when they are farmed in that time.

So why not? what else are u gonna do when youve dumped all your spells? tank and right click. Might aswell add some utility to that right click. Even if your attackspeed is slow. You do get bashes. convince ur ally dirge to get basher too and rightclick that naix together.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
Atilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzzy View Post
It extends the time you can damage someone in a gank and let's you chase them down more easily for a second Impale (11s CD) and gives you an effective weapon against BKB carries like jskd mentioned.

Also with just Aquila, Drums and Basher you have +73 damage and reasonable bulk. Try it out first before you start "bashing" on it. =P
[18:26] Kikoni (Allies): ifnini
[18:28] Kikoni (Allies): stop fuicking farming u diipot

[18:30] Kikoni (Allies): u hace to kill
Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
kawumm

Guide Writing Award 

id like to mention ghost scepter as a good item; e-blade might be overkill, but has synergy with manaburn at least. the thing about ghost is: ppl cant just click you to proc the stun and receive next to no dmg; theyll have to throw a spell. which would dmg them rather hard and would usually be somewhat wasted bc they cant attack you atm. during that time u wait for the rather small cds of your skills.

im not saying its core, for core id probably go sth like AB drums rod/necro/whatever, i just think its worth considering.
/thread
epic

Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #23
fr0zenknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawumm View Post
id like to mention ghost scepter as a good item; e-blade might be overkill, but has synergy with manaburn at least. the thing about ghost is: ppl cant just click you to proc the stun and receive next to no dmg; theyll have to throw a spell. which would dmg them rather hard and would usually be somewhat wasted bc they cant attack you atm. during that time u wait for the rather small cds of your skills.

im not saying its core, for core id probably go sth like AB drums rod/necro/whatever, i just think its worth considering.
When i go dagon build, i get ghost scepter after the dagon1, i then proceed to dagon5 and EB as a fun build because it is fun to one shot people.

Necro3/Drum/shiva is a better build however.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy