Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
d3monul

Default Low pooling system in dota 2

Someone please do something about the lowpool system...If someone reports you even if you didn't do something, you are getting lowpooled based on the reporting...it's just stupid...2-3 isn't feeding and saying "picking sniper instead of support is stupid" is not swearing...

I cannot open my mouth anymore because if someone reports me for dunno...talking I might get lowpooled...It's just stupid...Get some admins that inspect this reports...not a stupid bot that bans random.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Typhox
Banned

Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Never happened to me, and I'm getting reported a lot (unjustified of course, thank god CvP isn't moderating ingame).
Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
almassokk

^same as me, i often flame and trashtalk and get some reports, but i never got in low pool what means there is no automatic system
you probably picking sniper and flaming every game, you deserve the lowshit pool
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
KarmaKarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
Someone please do something about the lowpool system...If someone reports you even if you didn't do something, you are getting lowpooled based on the reporting...it's just stupid...2-3 isn't feeding and saying "picking sniper instead of support is stupid" is not swearing...

I cannot open my mouth anymore because if someone reports me for dunno...talking I might get lowpooled...It's just stupid...Get some admins that inspect this reports...not a stupid bot that bans random.
You do not get in the lower pool for single instances of reports. Either you're abandoning games or you are being a colossal dick in all your games.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
LysanderXonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKarma View Post
You do not get in the lower pool for single instances of reports. Either you're abandoning games or you are being a colossal dick in all your games.
I would say the latter. The dude picks sniper for god sakes.

Visit my blog here.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Thunderbolt
Banned

its already enough if you end up as 5th person in a 4 stack. if they decide to trollreport you for whatever reason, nothing you can do.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
d3monul

i wasn't the one picking sniper...I was the one saying that picking sniper over support in a 3 carry game is stupid...And I had 3/6 score this in a game were we all had 2/6 --- 2/7...Someone reported me...got in the low pool match...Sry but i got in the low pool for doing absolutly nothing....and I keep my point...If you get in a match were there are 3 friends and one of them picks sniper and you say something stupid about him and get reported you are definatly in the low pool after that game...

That's what I am saying...The system is rather stupid and should be rechecked...since I don't deserv about 3 or 4 days of low pool...the other ones I do deserv them for beeing a dick and trying to test the system.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
d3monul

k it's getting stupid...today i started playing after my 8 hours of low pool passed...and after one match were I didn't say shit...i got lowpooled again for 9 hours for doing absolutly nothing...This system is stupid.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
oblio

Quote:
k it's getting stupid...today i started playing after my 8 hours of low pool passed...and after one match were I didn't say shit...i got lowpooled again for 9 hours for doing absolutly nothing...This system is stupid.
I really, really doubt that, "demonule".
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
d3monul

you can doubt whatever you want...call me when this happens to you.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
KarmaKarma

Quote:
.If you get in a match were there are 3 friends and one of them picks sniper and you say something stupid about him and get reported you are definatly in the low pool after that game...
Look, I get what your saying - and it would indeed be retarded if the system worked that way. But that simply isn't true, and you, by the way, have no way of knowing why you got into the low priority pool. I've been reported (at least people claimed to do so) and not been put in matchmaking hell. What's your explanation for that?
It's confirmation bias on your part. You being put in low priority is easily explained by you getting not just one, but a shitload of reports. And the most obvious reason for that is bad conduct on your part.

I'd be amazed if Valve wouldn't apply the really simple solution to the problem of unjustified reports by only putting those in the low priority queue that have an above-average amount of them. I mean, seriously. What's more likely - the whole system being engineered by idiots or you maybe kinda having to change your habits?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
d3monul

I didn't do anything...that's the thing...I have made some mistakes in the past, that's why it didn't bothered me beeing put in the low priority because I deserve it....but now It's just idiotic...I bearly get out of the low priority system , play a match were I don't do anything, and again I am beeing put there...I didn't say the system is made by idiots I am just stating that something is wrong that's all. And should be at least checked...
Old 07-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
Krytone

i would say post it in dev.dota.com. they can help you there is you really didnt do anything and post your match id. I get reported too i believe but i dont get into the low priority pool.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
d3monul

i have 1 more hour of low pool...so no biggy...hopefully it won't happen again...i don't really care about bp.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
DreamKnight

Quote:
Look, I get what your saying - and it would indeed be retarded if the system worked that way. But that simply isn't true, and you, by the way, have no way of knowing why you got into the low priority pool. I've been reported (at least people claimed to do so) and not been put in matchmaking hell. What's your explanation for that?
It's confirmation bias on your part. You being put in low priority is easily explained by you getting not just one, but a shitload of reports. And the most obvious reason for that is bad conduct on your part.

I'd be amazed if Valve wouldn't apply the really simple solution to the problem of unjustified reports by only putting those in the low priority queue that have an above-average amount of them. I mean, seriously. What's more likely - the whole system being engineered by idiots or you maybe kinda having to change your habits?
That's not really true , actually people are abusing so much of reports that you get into low priority for no reason, someone says in all chat "report x person", everyone reports him and goes to low priority, it's how it works now, if you get 5 + reports in a short time you are done, and this doesn't mean you are guilty of your acts, report system is broken and needs to be fixed as soon as possible, otherwise dota 2 will get a worse community than it has now. If someone really gets hate on you in a game , they can say to their friends to report you , and your done.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #16
Hobbax

I don't care what you said you should stay in low priority with me so i can pick wisp and teleporting everybody to enemy base and buying more than 10 couriers while i scream im mic and troll in chat text.

Solo matchmaking
Players with 50% winrate

Team Matchmaking
Players with 75% winrate
Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #17
Kasma
Banned

I think its a great idea honestly. I love this report system as it is and it should stay. It will teach those noobs/idiots a lesson. The noobs that buy vlads on luna or pick bone clinkz when there's already two carries. The noobs/idiots that feed(intentional or not), enter an MM game not knowing how to play their heroes SHOULD be in low priority. If you do something stupid, if you feed, whether intentional or not, if you come into an MM game not knowing how to play your hero, I am going to report you and do my best to get everyone else on my team to report you in order to send you to low priority where you belong.

Bottom line is this. If you stop being stupid, you won't get reported.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
DreamKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasma View Post
I think its a great idea honestly. I love this report system as it is and it should stay. It will teach those noobs/idiots a lesson. The noobs that buy vlads on luna or pick bone clinkz when there's already two carries. The noobs/idiots that feed(intentional or not), enter an MM game not knowing how to play their heroes SHOULD be in low priority. If you do something stupid, if you feed, whether intentional or not, if you come into an MM game not knowing how to play your hero, I am going to report you and do my best to get everyone else on my team to report you in order to send you to low priority where you belong.

Bottom line is this. If you stop being stupid, you won't get reported.
I've seen cases where people who owned others got reported to low priority, so it's not about being stupid or not, system is broken.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #19
Typhox
Banned

Guys, it's confirmed that every report gets looked into by a Valve employee.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
Hobbax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
Source?

Solo matchmaking
Players with 50% winrate

Team Matchmaking
Players with 75% winrate
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
oblio

Quote:
you can doubt whatever you want...call me when this happens to you.
I've been in the beta since November => ~8 months. Had only 2 low priorities, very early on, due to power failures.

I've had some retards report me in a game - they kept flaming and I told them I'd report so they reported me too. Nothing happened (to me ).

Just don't flame and be civil.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #22
JustusK

Is there a way to check your reports? Like how many times you've been reported and for what.

Quote:
Not doubting you, but can I see proof?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #23
Typhox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbax View Post
Source?
blash from dev.dota2.com forums (forum moderator).
See also http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...387#post294387
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #24
DreamKnight

Quote:
blash from dev.dota2.com forums (forum moderator).
See also http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...387#post294387
Since when forum moderators are dota 2 moderators?
That post doesn't mean people aren't getting put into low priority because of report abuse, besides that thread is about that specific issue, nothing has been explained, yet people go to low priority after ending the match, how is that enough time for the suposed employee take a look?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #25
nerdstomper

ive gotten report spammed for afking(hopeless) games and I don't think it even punishes you until like 50 reports in 3 days or something extreme like that
Old 07-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #26
Typhox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKnight View Post
Since when forum moderators are dota 2 moderators?
That post doesn't mean people aren't getting put into low priority because of report abuse, besides that thread is about that specific issue, nothing has been explained, yet people go to low priority after ending the match, how is that enough time for the suposed employee take a look?
How does it matter? I asked blash on private message and he told me that the devs wrote that they look into every report made. End of discussion.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
d3monul

Quote:
How does it matter? I asked blash on private message and he told me that the devs wrote that they look into every report made. End of discussion.
somehow I don't think that's true...looking into every report means scanning about billions of reports a day...no way that's happening...After testing the system (I told you some of my low pool days were well deserved) , I am thinking that the system analizes your current report, the other reports you had and how many you had in one day and low pools you for an amount of time depending on the statistics...no one looks in every report because then I wouldn't be put in low pool for nothing.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #28
Marius87

How much times does low priority hold? 24 hours 36 48?

relax dude i use the words.. idiot, retard.. fucking noobs, in every game and not once i was put in LPQ for that
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
KarmaKarma

Quote:
That's not really true , actually people are abusing so much of reports that you get into low priority for no reason, someone says in all chat "report x person", everyone reports him and goes to low priority, it's how it works now, if you get 5 + reports in a short time you are done, and this doesn't mean you are guilty of your acts, report system is broken and needs to be fixed as soon as possible, otherwise dota 2 will get a worse community than it has now. If someone really gets hate on you in a game , they can say to their friends to report you , and your done.
1.) You have no way of knowing wether anyone reacts to "report x person". Confirmation bias again.

2.) It does not matter how much it's abused if the low priority algorhithm only considers people with above average number of reports. Except, you know, you personally get reported unusually often. For reasons. That are not inherent in the system.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
Typhox
Banned

Quote:
somehow I don't think that's true...looking into every report means scanning about billions of reports a day...no way that's happening...After testing the system (I told you some of my low pool days were well deserved) , I am thinking that the system analizes your current report, the other reports you had and how many you had in one day and low pools you for an amount of time depending on the statistics...no one looks in every report because then I wouldn't be put in low pool for nothing.
Dude, before they put someone into low priority, they first wait until he reaches a certain number of reports. Only then they check if they are justified. It lowers the number of reported players that they have to look through every day from half a million down to a few dozen.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
d3monul

happened again today...I am giving up...2 idiot friends reported me while doing nothing because they were friends and I didn't buy wards the whole game and now i am 10 hours in low pool...No need to cry, gw2 incoming, I have d3 , no need for dota...you can all sit and enjoy this broken sistem...Lol seems funnier.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
Endlich

Quote:
happened again today...I am giving up...2 idiot friends reported me while doing nothing because they were friends and I didn't buy wards the whole game and now i am 10 hours in low pool...No need to cry, gw2 incoming, I have d3 , no need for dota...you can all sit and enjoy this broken sistem...Lol seems funnier.
You don't get low pooled immediately after a game. I assume the low pool came from some games before. I've been false-reported often enough as well and nothing happened.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
Light~

Quote:

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-Lao Tzu

Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
d3monul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlich View Post
You don't get low pooled immediately after a game. I assume the low pool came from some games before. I've been false-reported often enough as well and nothing happened.
wasn't low pooled before the game...after the game finished i was so...I assumed.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
DreamKnight

Quote:
1.) You have no way of knowing wether anyone reacts to "report x person". Confirmation bias again.

2.) It does not matter how much it's abused if the low priority algorhithm only considers people with above average number of reports. Except, you know, you personally get reported unusually often. For reasons. That are not inherent in the system.
You know because you go into low priority for doing absolutely nothing reportable, of course it matters how abused it is.
As I said before most of people can abuse of this system easy, and I still haven't seen an explanation for people who go low prior after finishing the first game of their day.
Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others, but if you have the "luck" you will soon realize the system is broken.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
DreamKnight

Just got a team that flamed each other the whole game , one for being solo hard lane, other raged at jungler , the other blames his lane partner. Result: At the end of the game all 3 said they were low priority , (because they reported each other) , and me , the one who said nothing the whole game, the one who behaved well got low prior for 10 hours, right after the game was over. Now tell me where they check reports, How this isn't being abused? Yep i got low prior because my team reported everyone in their own team.

That's right don't fix this issues, the facts are visible, let's keep this trash community and abusers.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Slyfox101

Wow. Stop QQ. Beta is beta.

If you really don't want to play DotA then don't. No one is forcing you.

Jeez.

P.S. I've gotten the "we've taken action against a player you reported" message over 5 times now, and I guarantee over a dozen people have reported me for false reasons, yet I've never gotten low priority from reports, only abandons.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #38
DreamKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox101 View Post
Wow. Stop QQ. Beta is beta.

If you really don't want to play DotA then don't. No one is forcing you.

Jeez.

P.S. I've gotten the "we've taken action against a player you reported" message over 5 times now, and I guarantee over a dozen people have reported me for false reasons, yet I've never gotten low priority from reports, only abandons.
Are you kiding me? Nobody is QQ , i stated facts, nobody is saying that if ur report is legit you get the message, nobody said that sometimes you don't get low prior.
But the truth is that there are people who GO to low priority for NO reason.
And THAT must be FIXED.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Slyfox101

Quote:
Are you kiding me? Nobody is QQ , i stated facts, nobody is saying that if ur report is legit you get the message, nobody said that sometimes you don't get low prior.
But the truth is that there are people who GO to low priority for NO reason.
And THAT must be FIXED.
This is QQ. Read your message and tell me it's not QQ. "THAT must be FIXED."

You are just complaining, not quoting the specific problem (there are people who go to low priority for no reason? there is a reason, buddy), and not offering a solution. If you have a credible issue take it to the dev forums.

This is a beta. Stop QQ.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #40
DreamKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox101 View Post
This is QQ. Read your message and tell me it's not QQ. "THAT must be FIXED."

You are just complaining, not quoting the specific problem (there are people who go to low priority for no reason? there is a reason, buddy), and not offering a solution. If you have a credible issue take it to the dev forums.

This is a beta. Stop QQ.
Honestly your just pathetic or being ignorant, you show exactly how people behave in-game ,your the perfect example.
And no i don't see any QQ , and since you don't have any arguments your just trying to deny the undeniable.
I'm gonna repeat myself, there are people who go low prior for no reason, "there is a reason, buddy" isn't valid. I've been saying that , and this thread is about that.
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat