Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline

Default Low pooling system in dota 2


Someone please do something about the lowpool system...If someone reports you even if you didn't do something, you are getting lowpooled based on the reporting...it's just stupid...2-3 isn't feeding and saying "picking sniper instead of support is stupid" is not swearing...

I cannot open my mouth anymore because if someone reports me for dunno...talking I might get lowpooled...It's just stupid...Get some admins that inspect this reports...not a stupid bot that bans random.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Typhox
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Outworld
Posts: 7,085
Typhox is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Never happened to me, and I'm getting reported a lot (unjustified of course, thank god CvP isn't moderating ingame).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
almassokk
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 123
almassokk is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

^same as me, i often flame and trashtalk and get some reports, but i never got in low pool what means there is no automatic system
you probably picking sniper and flaming every game, you deserve the lowshit pool
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
KarmaKarma
Member
 
KarmaKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 447
KarmaKarma is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
Someone please do something about the lowpool system...If someone reports you even if you didn't do something, you are getting lowpooled based on the reporting...it's just stupid...2-3 isn't feeding and saying "picking sniper instead of support is stupid" is not swearing...

I cannot open my mouth anymore because if someone reports me for dunno...talking I might get lowpooled...It's just stupid...Get some admins that inspect this reports...not a stupid bot that bans random.
You do not get in the lower pool for single instances of reports. Either you're abandoning games or you are being a colossal dick in all your games.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
LysanderXonora
Member
 
LysanderXonora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,676
Blog Entries: 3
LysanderXonora is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKarma View Post
You do not get in the lower pool for single instances of reports. Either you're abandoning games or you are being a colossal dick in all your games.
I would say the latter. The dude picks sniper for god sakes.
__________________

Visit my blog here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Thunderbolt
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,466
Thunderbolt is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

its already enough if you end up as 5th person in a 4 stack. if they decide to trollreport you for whatever reason, nothing you can do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

i wasn't the one picking sniper...I was the one saying that picking sniper over support in a 3 carry game is stupid...And I had 3/6 score this in a game were we all had 2/6 --- 2/7...Someone reported me...got in the low pool match...Sry but i got in the low pool for doing absolutly nothing....and I keep my point...If you get in a match were there are 3 friends and one of them picks sniper and you say something stupid about him and get reported you are definatly in the low pool after that game...

That's what I am saying...The system is rather stupid and should be rechecked...since I don't deserv about 3 or 4 days of low pool...the other ones I do deserv them for beeing a dick and trying to test the system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

k it's getting stupid...today i started playing after my 8 hours of low pool passed...and after one match were I didn't say shit...i got lowpooled again for 9 hours for doing absolutly nothing...This system is stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
oblio
Member
 
oblio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,309
oblio is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
k it's getting stupid...today i started playing after my 8 hours of low pool passed...and after one match were I didn't say shit...i got lowpooled again for 9 hours for doing absolutly nothing...This system is stupid.
I really, really doubt that, "demonule".
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

you can doubt whatever you want...call me when this happens to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
KarmaKarma
Member
 
KarmaKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 447
KarmaKarma is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
.If you get in a match were there are 3 friends and one of them picks sniper and you say something stupid about him and get reported you are definatly in the low pool after that game...
Look, I get what your saying - and it would indeed be retarded if the system worked that way. But that simply isn't true, and you, by the way, have no way of knowing why you got into the low priority pool. I've been reported (at least people claimed to do so) and not been put in matchmaking hell. What's your explanation for that?
It's confirmation bias on your part. You being put in low priority is easily explained by you getting not just one, but a shitload of reports. And the most obvious reason for that is bad conduct on your part.

I'd be amazed if Valve wouldn't apply the really simple solution to the problem of unjustified reports by only putting those in the low priority queue that have an above-average amount of them. I mean, seriously. What's more likely - the whole system being engineered by idiots or you maybe kinda having to change your habits?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

I didn't do anything...that's the thing...I have made some mistakes in the past, that's why it didn't bothered me beeing put in the low priority because I deserve it....but now It's just idiotic...I bearly get out of the low priority system , play a match were I don't do anything, and again I am beeing put there...I didn't say the system is made by idiots I am just stating that something is wrong that's all. And should be at least checked...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
Krytone
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 206
Krytone is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

i would say post it in dev.dota.com. they can help you there is you really didnt do anything and post your match id. I get reported too i believe but i dont get into the low priority pool.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

i have 1 more hour of low pool...so no biggy...hopefully it won't happen again...i don't really care about bp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKarma View Post
Look, I get what your saying - and it would indeed be retarded if the system worked that way. But that simply isn't true, and you, by the way, have no way of knowing why you got into the low priority pool. I've been reported (at least people claimed to do so) and not been put in matchmaking hell. What's your explanation for that?
It's confirmation bias on your part. You being put in low priority is easily explained by you getting not just one, but a shitload of reports. And the most obvious reason for that is bad conduct on your part.

I'd be amazed if Valve wouldn't apply the really simple solution to the problem of unjustified reports by only putting those in the low priority queue that have an above-average amount of them. I mean, seriously. What's more likely - the whole system being engineered by idiots or you maybe kinda having to change your habits?
That's not really true , actually people are abusing so much of reports that you get into low priority for no reason, someone says in all chat "report x person", everyone reports him and goes to low priority, it's how it works now, if you get 5 + reports in a short time you are done, and this doesn't mean you are guilty of your acts, report system is broken and needs to be fixed as soon as possible, otherwise dota 2 will get a worse community than it has now. If someone really gets hate on you in a game , they can say to their friends to report you , and your done.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #16
Hobbax
Member
 
Hobbax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chile
Posts: 691
Hobbax is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

I don't care what you said you should stay in low priority with me so i can pick wisp and teleporting everybody to enemy base and buying more than 10 couriers while i scream im mic and troll in chat text.
__________________
Dota 2 matchmaking definition in a couple of words :

Solo matchmaking
Players with 50% winrate

Team Matchmaking
Players with 75% winrate
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #17
Kasma
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 435
Kasma is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

I think its a great idea honestly. I love this report system as it is and it should stay. It will teach those noobs/idiots a lesson. The noobs that buy vlads on luna or pick bone clinkz when there's already two carries. The noobs/idiots that feed(intentional or not), enter an MM game not knowing how to play their heroes SHOULD be in low priority. If you do something stupid, if you feed, whether intentional or not, if you come into an MM game not knowing how to play your hero, I am going to report you and do my best to get everyone else on my team to report you in order to send you to low priority where you belong.

Bottom line is this. If you stop being stupid, you won't get reported.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasma View Post
I think its a great idea honestly. I love this report system as it is and it should stay. It will teach those noobs/idiots a lesson. The noobs that buy vlads on luna or pick bone clinkz when there's already two carries. The noobs/idiots that feed(intentional or not), enter an MM game not knowing how to play their heroes SHOULD be in low priority. If you do something stupid, if you feed, whether intentional or not, if you come into an MM game not knowing how to play your hero, I am going to report you and do my best to get everyone else on my team to report you in order to send you to low priority where you belong.

Bottom line is this. If you stop being stupid, you won't get reported.
I've seen cases where people who owned others got reported to low priority, so it's not about being stupid or not, system is broken.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #19
Typhox
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Outworld
Posts: 7,085
Typhox is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Guys, it's confirmed that every report gets looked into by a Valve employee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
Hobbax
Member
 
Hobbax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chile
Posts: 691
Hobbax is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
Guys, it's confirmed that every report gets looked into by a Valve employee.
Source?
__________________
Dota 2 matchmaking definition in a couple of words :

Solo matchmaking
Players with 50% winrate

Team Matchmaking
Players with 75% winrate
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
oblio
Member
 
oblio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,309
oblio is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
you can doubt whatever you want...call me when this happens to you.
I've been in the beta since November => ~8 months. Had only 2 low priorities, very early on, due to power failures.

I've had some retards report me in a game - they kept flaming and I told them I'd report so they reported me too. Nothing happened (to me ).

Just don't flame and be civil.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #22
JustusK
Member
 
JustusK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 88
JustusK is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Is there a way to check your reports? Like how many times you've been reported and for what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
Guys, it's confirmed that every report gets looked into by a Valve employee.
Not doubting you, but can I see proof?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #23
Typhox
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Outworld
Posts: 7,085
Typhox is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbax View Post
Source?
blash from dev.dota2.com forums (forum moderator).
See also http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...387#post294387
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #24
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
blash from dev.dota2.com forums (forum moderator).
See also http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...387#post294387
Since when forum moderators are dota 2 moderators?
That post doesn't mean people aren't getting put into low priority because of report abuse, besides that thread is about that specific issue, nothing has been explained, yet people go to low priority after ending the match, how is that enough time for the suposed employee take a look?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #25
nerdstomper
Member
 
nerdstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 473
nerdstomper is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

ive gotten report spammed for afking(hopeless) games and I don't think it even punishes you until like 50 reports in 3 days or something extreme like that
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #26
Typhox
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Outworld
Posts: 7,085
Typhox is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKnight View Post
Since when forum moderators are dota 2 moderators?
That post doesn't mean people aren't getting put into low priority because of report abuse, besides that thread is about that specific issue, nothing has been explained, yet people go to low priority after ending the match, how is that enough time for the suposed employee take a look?
How does it matter? I asked blash on private message and he told me that the devs wrote that they look into every report made. End of discussion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
How does it matter? I asked blash on private message and he told me that the devs wrote that they look into every report made. End of discussion.
somehow I don't think that's true...looking into every report means scanning about billions of reports a day...no way that's happening...After testing the system (I told you some of my low pool days were well deserved) , I am thinking that the system analizes your current report, the other reports you had and how many you had in one day and low pools you for an amount of time depending on the statistics...no one looks in every report because then I wouldn't be put in low pool for nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #28
Marius87
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 168
Marius87 is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

How much times does low priority hold? 24 hours 36 48?

relax dude i use the words.. idiot, retard.. fucking noobs, in every game and not once i was put in LPQ for that
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
KarmaKarma
Member
 
KarmaKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 447
KarmaKarma is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKnight View Post
That's not really true , actually people are abusing so much of reports that you get into low priority for no reason, someone says in all chat "report x person", everyone reports him and goes to low priority, it's how it works now, if you get 5 + reports in a short time you are done, and this doesn't mean you are guilty of your acts, report system is broken and needs to be fixed as soon as possible, otherwise dota 2 will get a worse community than it has now. If someone really gets hate on you in a game , they can say to their friends to report you , and your done.
1.) You have no way of knowing wether anyone reacts to "report x person". Confirmation bias again.

2.) It does not matter how much it's abused if the low priority algorhithm only considers people with above average number of reports. Except, you know, you personally get reported unusually often. For reasons. That are not inherent in the system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
Typhox
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Outworld
Posts: 7,085
Typhox is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
somehow I don't think that's true...looking into every report means scanning about billions of reports a day...no way that's happening...After testing the system (I told you some of my low pool days were well deserved) , I am thinking that the system analizes your current report, the other reports you had and how many you had in one day and low pools you for an amount of time depending on the statistics...no one looks in every report because then I wouldn't be put in low pool for nothing.
Dude, before they put someone into low priority, they first wait until he reaches a certain number of reports. Only then they check if they are justified. It lowers the number of reported players that they have to look through every day from half a million down to a few dozen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

happened again today...I am giving up...2 idiot friends reported me while doing nothing because they were friends and I didn't buy wards the whole game and now i am 10 hours in low pool...No need to cry, gw2 incoming, I have d3 , no need for dota...you can all sit and enjoy this broken sistem...Lol seems funnier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
Endlich
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 79
Endlich is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
happened again today...I am giving up...2 idiot friends reported me while doing nothing because they were friends and I didn't buy wards the whole game and now i am 10 hours in low pool...No need to cry, gw2 incoming, I have d3 , no need for dota...you can all sit and enjoy this broken sistem...Lol seems funnier.
You don't get low pooled immediately after a game. I assume the low pool came from some games before. I've been false-reported often enough as well and nothing happened.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
Light~
Member
 
Light~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near yet far
Posts: 1,945
Light~ is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3monul View Post
happened again today...I am giving up...2 idiot friends reported me while doing nothing because they were friends and I didn't buy wards the whole game and now i am 10 hours in low pool...No need to cry, gw2 incoming, I have d3 , no need for dota...you can all sit and enjoy this broken sistem...Lol seems funnier.
__________________
|


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-Lao Tzu

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
d3monul
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
d3monul is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlich View Post
You don't get low pooled immediately after a game. I assume the low pool came from some games before. I've been false-reported often enough as well and nothing happened.
wasn't low pooled before the game...after the game finished i was so...I assumed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKarma View Post
1.) You have no way of knowing wether anyone reacts to "report x person". Confirmation bias again.

2.) It does not matter how much it's abused if the low priority algorhithm only considers people with above average number of reports. Except, you know, you personally get reported unusually often. For reasons. That are not inherent in the system.
You know because you go into low priority for doing absolutely nothing reportable, of course it matters how abused it is.
As I said before most of people can abuse of this system easy, and I still haven't seen an explanation for people who go low prior after finishing the first game of their day.
Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others, but if you have the "luck" you will soon realize the system is broken.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Just got a team that flamed each other the whole game , one for being solo hard lane, other raged at jungler , the other blames his lane partner. Result: At the end of the game all 3 said they were low priority , (because they reported each other) , and me , the one who said nothing the whole game, the one who behaved well got low prior for 10 hours, right after the game was over. Now tell me where they check reports, How this isn't being abused? Yep i got low prior because my team reported everyone in their own team.

That's right don't fix this issues, the facts are visible, let's keep this trash community and abusers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #37
Slyfox101
Member
 
Slyfox101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 353
Slyfox101 is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Wow. Stop QQ. Beta is beta.

If you really don't want to play DotA then don't. No one is forcing you.

Jeez.

P.S. I've gotten the "we've taken action against a player you reported" message over 5 times now, and I guarantee over a dozen people have reported me for false reasons, yet I've never gotten low priority from reports, only abandons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #38
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox101 View Post
Wow. Stop QQ. Beta is beta.

If you really don't want to play DotA then don't. No one is forcing you.

Jeez.

P.S. I've gotten the "we've taken action against a player you reported" message over 5 times now, and I guarantee over a dozen people have reported me for false reasons, yet I've never gotten low priority from reports, only abandons.
Are you kiding me? Nobody is QQ , i stated facts, nobody is saying that if ur report is legit you get the message, nobody said that sometimes you don't get low prior.
But the truth is that there are people who GO to low priority for NO reason.
And THAT must be FIXED.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Slyfox101
Member
 
Slyfox101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 353
Slyfox101 is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKnight View Post
Are you kiding me? Nobody is QQ , i stated facts, nobody is saying that if ur report is legit you get the message, nobody said that sometimes you don't get low prior.
But the truth is that there are people who GO to low priority for NO reason.
And THAT must be FIXED.
This is QQ. Read your message and tell me it's not QQ. "THAT must be FIXED."

You are just complaining, not quoting the specific problem (there are people who go to low priority for no reason? there is a reason, buddy), and not offering a solution. If you have a credible issue take it to the dev forums.

This is a beta. Stop QQ.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #40
DreamKnight
Member
 
DreamKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,319
DreamKnight is offline
Default Re: Low pooling system in dota 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox101 View Post
This is QQ. Read your message and tell me it's not QQ. "THAT must be FIXED."

You are just complaining, not quoting the specific problem (there are people who go to low priority for no reason? there is a reason, buddy), and not offering a solution. If you have a credible issue take it to the dev forums.

This is a beta. Stop QQ.
Honestly your just pathetic or being ignorant, you show exactly how people behave in-game ,your the perfect example.
And no i don't see any QQ , and since you don't have any arguments your just trying to deny the undeniable.
I'm gonna repeat myself, there are people who go low prior for no reason, "there is a reason, buddy" isn't valid. I've been saying that , and this thread is about that.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat


Forum Jump

Thread Tools