The Lone Druid must command his trusted Spirit Bear with pinpoint and tactical orders just as well if not more so than his own actions. While the druid is fragile, his companion is the furthest thing from, and can keep him safe by being on a constant counter offensive. Becoming Rabid, they can gain a boost in their movement and attack speed, both useful for retreat and reentering a fight--a pattern the Lone Druid must master. The bear itself can equip items, and passively Entangle foes it attacks at times. The Druid can eventually metamorphose from his ranged, less durable state, into a melee, sturdier bear form.
Syllabear was spared a time of great strife due to the deeds of his people. Sensing their settlement's impending destruction they turned their child into a bear and sent him into the wild. Syllabear grew up strong and savage, like the bears that inhabited the forests of his home. Using druidic powers, he can enter a state of almost rabid frenzy, and even call powerful bear companions to aid him. Awakened into his elven heritage by Furion the Prophet, Syllabear has regained his true elven form, and brings the bestial spirit of the bear to the battlefield.
Pros and Cons
- above average movement speed (315 ms)
- can hold 12 inventory
- has the most powerful summon
- can jungle from lv 1
- Ulti makes Syllabear the tankiest Hero
- Good pushing ability
- low starting hp
- no reliable disable
- no nuke
- need some microing
- Ulti makes Syllabear melee and move slower
- no AOE
Tips for Spirit Bear
• Use Spirit Bear as a Courier to ferry/hold items. Use Return to teleport the Spirit Bear back to Syllabear.
• Use Spirit Bear as a Scout for Heroes/Runes/Etc.
• Use Return to save Spirit Bear from dying. Do not let it be killed by other Heroes unnecessary as it gives 100 gold and tons experience.
• Recast Summon Spirit Bear to Heal the Spirit Bear and to return It back to Syllabear.
• Hotkey/Group the Spirit Bear again after level up Summon Spirit Bear or recast Summon Spirit Bear because the Spirit Bear is count as a different unit.
• Use Spirit Bear with stout shield as a tank to Jungle from Lv1.
• Spirit Bear is the fastest moving Summon. Lv4 Synergy and Level 4 Rabid and Boots of Speed will give It almost max MS.
Spirit Bear Stats
Tips for true Form
• True Form turn Syllabear into one of the slowest base MS Hero (280MS), with Boots of Speed (335MS) but lv 4 Rabid (402MS) will remedy that.
• Before maxing Rabid, its best to stay in Syllabear Human Form. Treat True Form as a panic button. It can be used to dodge stun and provides instant +450Hp at Lv6.
• Max Level True Form (and Battle Cry) and Synergy provides Syllabear with +1000 HP, +14 Armor and +60 Damage making him the Tankiest Hero in Dota.
• Syllabear Illusion also retains the +4/6/8 Bonus Armor from True Form (not the Bonus Armor from Battle Cry).
1. Summon Spirit Bear
3. Summon Spirit Bear
5. Summon Spirit Bear
6. True Form
11. True Form
14. Summon Spirit Bear
16. True Form
Skill Build Justification:
• First priorty is get the Spirit Bear to Level 3 ASAP for the 20% Entangle.
• 2 Levels of Synergy early to improve Rabid duration to 30 seconds.
• True Form is taken at Lv6.
• The next priorty is to Max Rabid. Rabid has 30 seconds cooldown with 2 lvs of Synergy. So that means permanent Rabid.
• Lv 4 Spirit Bear is delayed because I dont see the usefulness of the extra 400Hp and the 33% Magic resist. Which is much scarier? A Rabid Spirit Bear with faster MS and Attack Speed that procure Entangle more or a slower meatier Bear. While Demolish is too situational.
Lv25 Syllabear and Spirit Bear
Thanks for your time for reading this Guide.