~~Table of Contents~~
IV. Game strategy
IV. Game strategy
Furion is clearly your bestest friend. He can assist you in every gank and Sprout makes placing your nukes much easier.
They all have a nice piece of (AoE) hold, which is easier to place compared to yours.
Together with having great disables, they can carry the game as well. You'd better be around them.
These five. They are the ones who can really counter you at every stage of the game. If you see one of them, you'd better not pick Lina.
=>Doom can silence you for the entire battle, either letting you stay alive and helpless or killing you in 5 seconds. Once he catches you, you wll have to face your Doom. He also has plenty of gold early on, so he may probably go for Pipe.
=>Silencer's Last Word and Global Silence completely destroy your combo. Nothing good awaits your team after.
=>Rubick's Null Field is the real thing to counter you, resulting in 20% AoE increased spell resistance. However, Spell Steal is also painful.
=>Balanar's Fear can silence you for up to 8 seconds at night. Void also hurts a lot. If he is the one to see you first, he can kill you in seconds.
=>Bloodseeker's Bloodrage has 9 seconds of silence, which also damages you for 20HP per second. Rupture and Thirst are to secure your death.
The best thing you can do, when cannot avoid the clash, is to be the first to attack. Simply focus the counter and nuke him down. This may mean weakening your entire team's plan, but I believe this is the only viable continuation.
1) This is a game of mine, which I upload to show the very basics of solo laning.
-6.72f, 1.26, Darer public game;
2) Another one of mine, a longer one. The aggression is there again, but because of the longer duration, there are more things to notice(aside of laning), like behaviour in battle and item order. Also notice that Hex wouldn't have been the best choice here, because of the lack of hard-carries and SF having Manta/BKB.
-6.72f, 1.26, DotaLicious, public -cm(don't ask me about the point);
3) This is a game of Vigoss(Ekvilibriumm) who is one of the very best gankers and therefore a great Lina player. His playstyle is known to feature tremendous amounts of aggression, so you are going to see a lot of kills here.
-6.71b, 1.26, Competitive(SAG)
=>DC cast by Nebu1a
4) It's Vigoss again. Tripple lane/Roaming here.
-6.69c, 1.26, LDHL
Q: Why don't you add Arcane boots to the core?(Dalailama, Lycan)
A: Mainly, because I've already added them to the supportive core. AB are a great item, but they are a supportive item after all. They are way too passive for Lina's playstyle. Supportive.
Q: Okay, I understand that Eul's is better, but why Dagon has to be rejected?(Dalailama)
A: More than one reason:
1) Mana capacity - although your huge mana pool(or exactly because of it) you will rarely have full mana, no matter where you play. You'd always like to have enough MP for: TP scroll, 2xLSA, DS, Laguna = 745 MP, provided the fact Laguna is lvl1. Dagon won't make it any better.
2) Dagon is strong especially in the early game. On the other hand Dagger/ForceStaff/Eul's are all cheaper and more powerful throughout the whole game. Moreover, they will probably be much more useful when ganking - you already do enough damage to kill every hero. A hero that can escape your normal combo will surely escape your combo+Dagon either.
Q: Yes, Ethernal Blade is costy, but just take a look at how many damage you can do with it!(Dalailama)
A: Indeed, you can. It is possible. But what is probable is that 3300 gold on top are huge expenses for every nuker at every minute. Think of it the other way: you already do great at dealing magical damage, but this is something against which your opponent will probably presecure for the time you get EB(=50?60?min). Pipe/BKB/magic immunity are all cheaper and come to your opponent naturally in the middle-late game. You would probably want to kill a carry with this thing, but BKB is a core for every carry. The rest of your enemies should not be a trouble, even when facing your normal combo. Rejected.
Q: Why not to start a gank with Dragon Slave , instead of Light Strike Array?(Lycan)
A: Firstly, because LSA is a disable. Secondly, because you will probably need the element of surprise to place it properly. Lastly, because it has the lowest cooldown(7) and would be more useful when chasing heroes who can't be killed with your combo.
However, you could do a gank that way with an allie disabler on your side or when your opponent lacks good escaping paths. Situational.
Q: Why not to skill LSA(lvl4) at level 7 - it does the same damage and costs less?(Lycan)
A:The major reason is that LSA isn't a secure spell to use - things are near 50-50 when there is no an additional disable on your side. DS, on the other hand, is both wider ranged and more secure to cast. That's why this is not considered a standart build.
Provided the fact that there is a bunch of disablers on your side and/or you are playing against a dual lane, you can go for this. Situational.
Credits go to both Dalailama and Lycan, for helping me make these clear.